PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my new TV!!!!!

Brian98GTP
11-15-2006, 05:39 PM
We bought a new 55" Sony HDTV last weekend from Flanners, and it was to be delivered today at 1:30. Turns out, it was stolen directly off the Flanners delivery truck on the delivery right before ours!! The drivers said it happened at 50th, or 55th? and North Ave. They were inside the customers' house removing the old entertainment system and installing the new, when they went back out to the truck to get some more cable and discovered MY TV was gone!! The thieves didnt take my new ASSEMBLED TV stand though, but they did have to unstrap it from the TV itself in order to take it.
The drivers said the door was closed, it just wasn't locked. Apparently, they both have a meeting with management tomorrow morning. :punch:
They ended up getting to my house with a replacement a few hours later than originally planned... it just sucks for the delivery guys even though they were at fault for not locking the door. You should EXPECT low life thieves to do that sort of thing no matter where you go.

Holeshot
11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
On 55th and North!!! Not suprised one bit. I used to wrench at North Ave Auto on 57th & North. Not the best neighbor HOOD!!!

Slow Joe
11-15-2006, 06:15 PM
They should of expected something like that in that neighborhood...

hrsp
11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
ouch....friggin thieves should have there hands cut off:)

Lash
11-15-2006, 06:24 PM
I bet BET looks sweet on that 55 inches!!!!

:goof

hrsp
11-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Rofl,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Korndogg
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
hahahahahaha fa sho

03CVLX
11-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Wow that sucks, at least they got you a replacement the same day.

Heat Seeker WS6
11-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm all over this one...
I grew up on 57th & Lloyd. Holeshot- you worked at Kushes?
Also having worked at Flanners and with those trucks tell you how much of a b1tch it is to move the 55" Sonys & Mits TV's around in general and then on & off those trucks. You wouldn't think it'd get pulled off by anyone not covered by some sort of insurance...that was surley my thought! Even with those trucks, we only locked the back if we were downtown or the truck would be parked a few houses down from the delivery site.
At Abt Electronics in Chicago, we had an entire truck get stolen & its crew got instantly fired.

Brian98GTP
11-15-2006, 06:49 PM
The driver said it happened on a one-way street also. So I'm guessing somebody had to have seen SOMETHING. I can't imagine everyone was at work that lives on that street..especially in that neighborhood..... :rolf

PB86MCSS
11-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Not suprising, sadly. I purchased my SS back in 98' from a guy on 49th & North (a white dude if anyone cares ;) ). At the time the neighborhood didn't seem bad, still close enough to Wauwatosa. Drove through the last 1-2 years and it just feels alot worse.

SSDude
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
ouch....friggin thieves should have there hands cut off
+2

ProjectCamaro
11-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Wow, this is why I will never live in Milwaukee. There's tons of threads here about stuff getting stolen. I couldn't imagine living somewhere where I'd be scared of my car getting broken into or something. That's just sad.

Daytonapacecar959
11-15-2006, 08:56 PM
that happened in my 'hood and yes it's getting bad around here,i mean i got shot in the back in my own backyard.And yes as soon as i get back to work i'm moving the hell out of here.

Al
11-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Inside job?

Poncho
11-16-2006, 12:38 AM
don't lie Brian, you followed them and stole it, soon you'll be inviting us over to watch TV on your dual TVs.

but really that sucks, but you got your TV no prob though?

Big Boost
11-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I bet BET looks sweet on that 55 inches!!!!

Not necessarily true. When you assume......

Anyway, I used to be a salesman at Flanner's working with HeatSeeker. 55th and North is NOT a bad neighborhood especially seeing that it borders Tosa. What I bet that happened was that some a-holes were trailing the delivery truck and stole the TV. They could been from Brookfield, the hood, Waukesha, who knows. Regardless if they were Black, White , Hispanic, it doesn't matter, they will get what's coming to them. They probably already have a PS3 and HDMI cable too.

94greenbandit
11-16-2006, 02:21 PM
55th and North is NOT a bad neighborhood especially seeing that it borders Tosa.

Uh I have to disagree with you there. My wife and her dad used to live on 55th and north and I would hear some stories from her dad about the individuals that would peruse that area. Not a place I would wnat to hang out and just because it is near Tosa doesn't make it better.

juicedimpss
11-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm all over this one...
I grew up on 57th & Lloyd.
damn,i used to stay on 57th and lloyd back in the day.....never had any problems.

Holeshot
11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm all over this one...
I grew up on 57th & Lloyd. Holeshot- you worked at Kushes?

No North Ave Auto 5714 w North.
Before he leveled it and rebuilt with grants from the city to stay.

Heat Seeker WS6
11-17-2006, 09:05 AM
damn,i used to stay on 57th and lloyd back in the day.....never had any problems.

I was there from birth to '97-ish and my parents moved from there '03 and the neighborhood was fine to live in. The only major or auto theft that occured there was one of my '86 Celeberties getting stolen- but that was by a kid who wanted to joyride. I had the T/A and other nice cars I've owned sit in the driveway and not one ever got touched. Its definately worse as you get north of North Ave and east of 55th st. But, going west towards Tosa it was fine.

That Flanners truck was watched & followed at least from the previous stop they made. Theres too much BS involved in offloading a big TV from those trucks to do it successfully spontaniously.