PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Street Car Shootout

juicedimpss
11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Im working on the dates,but we should be set as far as rules go.

Pro Street
- .400 Pro Tree, Heads-Up
- Drag slicks allowed (any tire size)
Gasoline only – no alcohol
- Functional headlights, tail lights, brake lights, hazard lights, horn and turn signals for year & make of body used mandatory. Must have a speedometer All vehicles and/or drivers are required to have the following: Valid (current) drivers license, valid (current) vehicle registration, valid (current) license plate (NO dealer or transport plates permitted) and valid (current) insurance for the vehicle. VIN numbers for the above documentation must match VIN stamped on the vehicle. All items listed will be checked and recorded. The driver/competitor of the car must own the car.All vehicles must conform to N.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they will be running
- All entries are required to participate in a 30 mile road cruise (city and highway) to prove streetability. Any entry that over heats or breaks during the cruise will be disqualified. During and after the cruise all entries are required to shut engines off and restart within 2 minutes. Any entry that fails to restart in the allotted time will be disqualified.
- Vehicles must have full interior (back seat removal permitted. Area must be carpeted.) Kit cars exempt (Cobra, etc)
- back half cars ok, no full chassis cars
- exhaust and mufflers required and must extended to or beyond rear axle or be directed away from the car behind the doors.
- No Wheelie Bars

Pure Street
-.400 Pro Tree, Heads-Up
- Drag Radial (any tire size)
- Must run on pump gas...ie 93 octane(fuel will be checked at carburetor, fuel cell and other locations if necessary)
- Functional headlights, tail lights, brake lights, hazard lights, horn, turn signals, windshield wipes for year & make of body used mandatory. Must have a speedometer. All vehicles and/or drivers are required to have the following: Valid (current)Wisconsin drivers license, valid (current)Wisconsin vehicle registration, valid (current)Wisconsin license plate (NO dealer or transport plates permitted) and valid (current) insurance for the vehicle. VIN numbers for the above documentation must match VIN stamped on the vehicle. All items listed will be checked and recorded. The driver/competitor of the car must own the car.
- Must have glass windows(not lexan)
- Must have OEM body panels(fiberglass hoods ok)
- Vehicles must have full interior (back seat removal permitted. Area must be carpeted.) Kit cars exempt (Cobra, etc)
- All vehicles must conform to N.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they are running
- All entries are required to participate in a 30 mile road cruise (city and highway) to prove streetability. Any entry that over heats or breaks during the cruise will be disqualified. During and after the cruise all entries are required to shut engines off and restart within 2 minutes. Any entry that fails to restart in the allotted time will be disqualified.
- exhaust and mufflers required and must extended to or beyond rear axle or be directed away from the car behind the doors.
- No Wheelie Bars
- Tech reserves the right to deny entry to this class if they feel it is a racecar

Outlaw Street
- Functional headlights, tail lights, brake lights, hazard lights, horn and turn signals for year & make of body used mandatory. The driver/competitor of the car must own the car.All vehicles must conform to N.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they will be running
-NO MANDATORY CRUISE,INSURANCE,OR REGISTRATION.

DynoTom
11-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Outlaw Street RULZ !!

I really like the Outlaw Street rules you have listed.....I can meet all of them with my current plans set up....I will have to remove the wheelie bars though......

I also like the new name over KOTH......Wisconsin Street Car Shootout fits better as the HWY 100 theme of KOTH did not really respresent some the cars there....I know it's just a name......;) ;)

Crawlin
11-14-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm in for Pure Street.

My car is going back to a bit more street friendly.

scottie K
11-14-2006, 02:32 PM
I guess i have to build another car :crying

UnderPSI
11-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Yea, until tomorrow when you decide it is going to be a race car again:goof

scottie K
11-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Outlaw Street
- Functional headlights, tail lights, brake lights, hazard lights, horn and turn signals for year & make of body used mandatory. Must have a speedometer All vehicles and/or drivers are required to have the following: Valid (current) drivers license, valid (current) vehicle registration, valid (current) license plate (NO dealer or transport plates permitted) and valid (current) insurance for the vehicle. VIN numbers for the above documentation must match VIN stamped on the vehicle. All items listed will be checked and recorded. The driver/competitor of the car must own the car.All vehicles must conform to N.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they will be running
- No Wheelie Bars
- $50 entry fee payout based on entry

so if we get pulled over with slicks we dont get DQ'ed? i think the 30 mile cruise should be more for pure street

scottie K
11-14-2006, 02:40 PM
HAHAHAHA NMCA IS HERE IN MILWAUKEE:rolf :rolf

Crawlin
11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Hahaha Brad.... It's still a race car, but I just want it quieter to enjoy a summer cruise without worrying about cops. Hence wanting to put drag radials on it

juicedimpss
11-14-2006, 02:49 PM
so if we get pulled over with slicks we dont get DQ'ed? i think the 30 mile cruise should be more for pure street
it is fine for outlaw cars to run different tires for the cruise.

Crawlin
11-14-2006, 04:06 PM
In the spirit of the "Pure Street" stuff, would it be prefered I run a regular cloth seat or something? Or is a cover over my aluminum seats gonna be ok?

Myles
11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
In the spirit of the "Pure Street" stuff, would it be prefered I run a regular cloth seat or something? Or is a cover over my aluminum seats gonna be ok?

what, your pillow isnt doing it for you anymore?

blackhorse
11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Outlaw Street
i think the 30 mile cruise should be more for pure street

Leave it to scotty to start complaining already LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

MT98Z
11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
How are you going to make sure that the pure street class is REALLY on pump gas? And not on tank full of additives.

juicedimpss
11-14-2006, 04:19 PM
How are you going to make sure that the pure street class is REALLY on pump gas?
first of all,we only have to worry about checking the winner. The smell of racegas is fairly obvious. I also have connections with a guy that has a fuel analizer,im sure i can get it for the event.

scottie K
11-14-2006, 04:30 PM
not complaining just trying to fit in .... with slicks and a 5 gal fuel cell....
and a stock susp.....

juicedimpss
11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
not complaining just trying to fit in .... with slicks and a 5 gal fuel cell....
and a stock susp.....
leave your 30 gallon cell you already have in the car,it sahould be fine then.

Crawlin
11-14-2006, 04:44 PM
nope, the pillow isn't working. i was thinking about stitching it to the inside of a cover, but figure there wre better alternatives. Gotta call Jax seat cover

scottie K
11-14-2006, 05:25 PM
let me know when you call jax..... i just was ther shootn the crap

no more 60 gal fuel cell sorry

FASTZ2895
11-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Count me in. :banana1: :banana1:

Im working on the dates,but we should be set as far as rules go.

Outlaw Street
- No Wheelie Bars
- $50 entry fee payout based on entry

Pure Street
-.400 Pro Tree, Heads-Up
- Drag Radial (any tire size)
- Must run on pump gas...ie 93 octane(fuel will be checked at carburetor, fuel cell and other locations if necessary)
- Functional headlights, tail lights, brake lights, hazard lights, horn, turn signals, windshield wipes for year & make of body used mandatory. Must have a speedometer. All vehicles and/or drivers are required to have the following: Valid (current)Wisconsin drivers license, valid (current)Wisconsin vehicle registration, valid (current)Wisconsin license plate (NO dealer or transport plates permitted) and valid (current) insurance for the vehicle. VIN numbers for the above documentation must match VIN stamped on the vehicle. All items listed will be checked and recorded. The driver/competitor of the car must own the car.
- Must have glass windows(not lexan)
- Must have OEM body panels(fiberglass hoods ok)
- All vehicles must conform to N.H.R.A general rules for the time & speed they are running
- No Wheelie Bars
- $25 entry fee, possible payback or trophy
- Tech reserves the right to deny entry to this class if they feel it is a racecar

Waver
11-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I am in...I am going to need parts.....lots and lots of parts......

TuffEnuff
11-15-2006, 11:20 AM
No Alcohol???? Hmmmm.... I wonder why it says THAT?....Hmmmmmm (Chickens..bwack)

Myles
11-15-2006, 11:28 AM
No Alcohol???? Hmmmm.... I wonder why it says THAT?....Hmmmmmm (Chickens..bwack)

cause its a street car shootout, not race car shootout.

DynoTom
11-15-2006, 11:32 AM
it is fine for outlaw cars to run different tires for the cruise.

GREAT !!!!!!

You guys are really making some good calls on this event !:banana

juicedimpss
11-15-2006, 11:39 AM
updated rules,added a class.....i think even scotty and tuff can pass tech.:rolf

Myles
11-15-2006, 11:44 AM
lol, so outlaw is now a pure race car class, where as pro street and pure street are street cars.

Crawlin
Good addition.

Who's going to be the "tech" guy?

juicedimpss
lol, so outlaw is now a pure race car class, where as pro street and pure street are street cars.
correct.
outlaw is what it sounds like.

TuffEnuff
cause its a street car shootout, not race car shootout.

Are you going to enter the junkyard class or the horse and buggy class??:rolf

DynoTom
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
I like the addition / change of the class.....I will be in pro street now......

This change will add some more cars and action to the event......:)

juicedimpss
11-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Good addition.

Who's going to be the "tech" guy?
was that your polite way of volunteering to help?

Myles
11-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you going to enter the junkyard class or the horse and buggy class??:rolf

i would prefer you keep theshit talking out of this thread tuff, if you want to make fun of me, go to PM please.

TuffEnuff
11-15-2006, 11:49 AM
i would prefer you keep theshit talking out of this thread tuff, if you want to make fun of me, go to PM please.

what fun would THAT be? :goof :rolf

Myles
11-15-2006, 11:51 AM
what fun would THAT be? :goof :rolf

keeping this thread clear of bullshit so people can get valid information and not your bullshit.

ANYWAYS, back to topic.

I have the basics down for the site, when we get a couple of things confirmed ill make it live.

Crawlin
11-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Sure, i'll help.

I was more inquisitive about who was gonna decide if a car on a drag radial would be forced to be put into the mid level class :)

juicedimpss
11-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Sure, i'll help.

I was more inquisitive about who was gonna decide if a car on a drag radial would be forced to be put into the mid level class :)
if its racing on 93 and on a drag radial,it pretty clear....i think.
:confused

Crawlin
11-15-2006, 12:13 PM
I know... but there was that provision at the bottom that said the if tech determined it to be too much of a race car, it would be bumped up.

Just clarifying :)

juicedimpss
11-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I know... but there was that provision at the bottom that said the if tech determined it to be too much of a race car, it would be bumped up.

Just clarifying :)
its called..."cover thy arse"
IF the top pure street car runs faster numbers than the top 3 pro street cars,i would think it should bump a class....just seems like it would be more sportsman like.
do i anticipate that happening??? NOPE.

Myles
11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
its called..."cover thy arse"
IF the top pure street car runs faster numbers than the top 3 pro street cars,i would think it should bump a class....just seems like it would be more sportsman like.
do i anticipate that happening??? NOPE.

makes sense

Crawlin
11-15-2006, 12:31 PM
right. like i said, just wanted to clarify. cause in that terms, it doesn't have to run faster, it just has to LOOK like it runs faster. but i get what you mean. there's no way i'll be in the 9's anyways
:)

Want_Notch
11-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Will a car running 110 standalone system just for the juice be allowed in pure street?

Crawlin
11-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm reading the directions and coming up with no. since it states they would check tank/cell/etc...

scottie K
11-15-2006, 02:06 PM
im in outlaw street woohooooo

i see a low 8sec car that will be in prostreet....im mean 8.00 or better ( not mine)

scottie K
11-15-2006, 02:08 PM
I think Shane , Pat should tech?

blackhorse
11-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I think Shane , Pat should tech?

If they would????????? I think they would be perfect:thumbsup

FourEyedFord
11-15-2006, 07:48 PM

i see a low 8sec car that will be in prostreet....im mean 8.00 or better ( not mine)

Who, and they meet all the requirements???

nismodave
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Let me know if you need any help Ron.

+1 for putting this together.

TuffEnuff
11-15-2006, 09:45 PM

Up the pills...you'll be fine....Really. :headbang :D

scottie K
11-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Who, and they meet all the requirements???

its a secret he has deep pockets..... he will drive 30 miles on 16-1 alum roded motor

scottie K
11-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Up the pills...you'll be fine....Really. :headbang :D

hahahahah i will have small inch motor you can try and beat hahahahaha

FourEyedFord
11-15-2006, 10:51 PM
its a secret he has deep pockets..... he will drive 30 miles on 16-1 alum roded motor

Oh I see, its you and Aaron.

scottie K
11-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh I see, its you and Aaron.

its not our car thats fosho plus i dont have deep pockets I'v been out of work sense nov 2 i had surgury :wow

juicedimpss
11-15-2006, 11:02 PM

if its the car i think it is,i wanna see it run without wheelie bars....that should be a fun show.

FourEyedFord
11-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Why all the secrets.........

scottie K
11-15-2006, 11:31 PM
hehehehe and you guys were worried about me

that would be funny with out the bars....

FourEyedFord
11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
hehehehe and you guys were worried about me

that would be funny with out the bars....

Why would I be worried if some 16:1 nitrous motor is going to beat me?
I would be worried if it didn't! He has a little more than double the compression that I do!! :wow

scottie K
11-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Why would I be worried if some 16:1 nitrous motor is going to beat me?
I would be worried if it didn't! He has a little more than double the compression that I do!! :wow

NO when you add forced fed air ( super charger) doubles the CI and the cyclinder static compresion is higher...

example andys car 363ci add 18lbs 700ci motor and the static compresion is W/O blower is 8.5 with 18lbs it is now roughly 17-1
i had to some reserch for our stuff hehehe

TuffEnuff
11-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Then, when you add alcohol...woo hoo....hang on,cause you're goin for a RIDE, baby!

yee ha! :headbang

FourEyedFord
11-16-2006, 10:41 AM
NO when you add forced fed air ( super charger) doubles the CI and the cyclinder static compresion is higher...

example andys car 363ci add 18lbs 700ci motor and the static compresion is W/O blower is 8.5 with 18lbs it is now roughly 17-1
i had to some reserch for our stuff hehehe

Yes Scottie I know. I was just being sarcastic.
So you guys are doing a blowthrough, this should be interesting. :headbang

juicedimpss
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
everyone ready?

TURTLE
03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
can 4-cyl cars get some exemptions(like slicks and fuel and still be in pure street)...

just askin:goof

juicedimpss
04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
can 4-cyl cars get some exemptions(like slicks and fuel and still be in pure street)...

just askin:goof

sure
:thumbsup

T-TYPE
04-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Ron did you get the date set for this yet ? If so we would all like to know. thanks

2SLOW
04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
i can fit in any class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love having a street car that i own!

TURTLE
04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
ron, thanks... we'll see what my slow pile does this year and then i'll decide if it's a number decent enough to even show up ;)

Waver
04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
hell when you beat me you will have a number lol