PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Company Dropping Me

PHDcamaro
11-13-2006, 02:02 PM
General Casualty Insurance sent me a letter telling me that are dropping everyone in our house as of January 16th because of my driving record and "High Performance Vehicle".... Since i live at home with my Mom and Grandmother, they are dropped due to " Exposer to David Lorino" aka Me... I dont know what they are thinking is a High Performance Vehicle, My Del Sol, my moms Carolla or my Grandmothers Malibu. My camaro hasnt been insured since the accident. What also is gay is that since i live at this house and the home owners and car insurance is with the same people, im forced to use General Casualty for car insurance or i cant live here anymore....
With the policy im on, im on the same policy with my mom and her 05 carolla typeS. since im the highest risk driver and my mothers car is newer, im paying a premium as is im driving her car. ******* RETARDED..... $353 a month to drive a 93 POS Honda Del Sol...
I have 2 accidents (1 blamed on me, one not), 2 speeding tickets and a bunch of retarded ones (tags, registration, suspended licience cuz i didnt pay ticketss.... i know plenty of people with wayworse records than me paying less and not getting dropped like i have,,,,

anyone know a good insurance company or agent i can give a call???

thanks,
Dave

H8RADE
11-13-2006, 02:08 PM
For the best insurance rates in town call 1-800-GENERAL now.
:rolf

juicedimpss
11-13-2006, 02:10 PM
I have 2 accidents (1 blamed on me, one not), 2 speeding tickets and a bunch of retarded ones (tags, registration, suspended licience cuz i didnt pay ticketss.... i know plenty of people with wayworse records than me paying less and not getting dropped like i have,,,,

now it brings a driving record into perspective..
sucks.
try Bob Kilby from American Family,he was cheapest for me....saved me 1400/year on my truck

Slow Joe
11-13-2006, 02:29 PM
PGAC or whatever it is... I think that's the General... That was the cheapest for Kristie and I... And that's with all my tickets, her tickets and accidents, and all that shit... $179/mo for all 3 of our cars... I havn't switched yet though, I'm waiting for the end of my American Family "contract" in Jan...

jbiscuit
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
wow. If my insurance was that much I'd be walkin or takin the bus

DirtyMax
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm waiting for the end of my American Family "contract" in Jan...

Your agent made you sign a contract? :confused

If I found a better deal than my Am Fam agent had and she couldn't match it, I could cancel tomorrow.

I think I'm around $150 a month for my 2 cars, 2 ATV's, house, and a 30 foot travel trailer.

Slow Joe
11-13-2006, 03:09 PM
It's not a contract, but it's... idk what it's called... All I know is that it's just one more month and I can get out of it with no problems... The way they have my billing setup I pay more the first couple months of the 6 mo period, and less at the end so I'd be screwing myself if I dropped it now...

88Nightmare
11-13-2006, 03:13 PM
hey not to get off the topic here, but jeremy, what does your ATV insurance cover?

DirtyMax
11-13-2006, 03:43 PM
hey not to get off the topic here, but jeremy, what does your ATV insurance cover?

Pretty much everything. Loss, theft, destruction.

Probably not mechinical failure like a blown motor or something like that but I'd bet big money that it would be lost, stolen, or destroyed before that happened... :devil

Ricky Bobby
11-13-2006, 04:11 PM
jim rouse am. family awesome guy let me take out his 01 TA drop top while he was doin my new quotes on the house i just bought, 527-3011 i have 2cars a jetski and a house all insured threw there im at 88bucks a month both cars full coverage. Im also 26 and have only had one ticket in the past 3yrs but before that :wooo

88Nightmare
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Pretty much everything. Loss, theft, destruction.

Probably not mechinical failure like a blown motor or something like that but I'd bet big money that it would be lost, stolen, or destroyed before that happened... :devil

who are you insured through for the ATV?

and back to the topic, thats pretty crappy. My brother, who has a pretty craptacular driving record, was living in our house and my mothers insurance company dropped her just because he was living in the house, he wasnt even on the insurance policy or driving any of her vehicles, all the violations were in his own vehicles.

DirtyMax
11-13-2006, 04:46 PM
who are you insured through for the ATV?

All my tons of stuff is insured through American Family Theresa Owens agency in New Berlin 262-797-7900. Very easy to work with and personally, she blew away everyone else's rates, even other AmFam agents (how that's even possible is beyond me!?!? :confused but I'm sure the agents are free to achieve their own margins )

SSDude
11-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Amer. Family:chair: would put you in high risk and you will pay up the ars.
Just start calling them all. You'll find one thats reasonable. Big problem for you is you got dropped.
I had my home owners dropped on me by African Fam.:fire It was hell finding someone to cover us. Had to go with a high deductable to get covered.
Good luck.

SSDude
11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Try Farmers or State Farm. Had good luck with both.

0TransAm0
11-13-2006, 06:18 PM
It's not a contract, but it's... idk what it's called... All I know is that it's just one more month and I can get out of it with no problems... The way they have my billing setup I pay more the first couple months of the 6 mo period, and less at the end so I'd be screwing myself if I dropped it now...

if you drop it they dont keep your money... they prorate it and cut you a check for what you "didn't use" so you could drop them at any time. just have to wait for your money they usually send a check in the mail. at least thats how its been at all the places ive been threw.

Slow Joe
11-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Yeah, skip that... I'll just finish up with Am Fam, but I still have to see what our rate will be through them... All I know is that the General was only $40 more with her on than I'm paying now avg per month... :rolf

Anakonda69
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
i have state farm agent mark bojarski on forest home...excellent guy try him

theavenger333
11-13-2006, 10:15 PM
i had american family, they were okay, but like was already mentioned, they will REALLY stick it to you as high risk. when my rates went a bit higher, Allstate did VERY well. i go to the one on North Ave, um its i think David Lerner? best bet, go to the Big 3, american fam, Allstate, State Farm, and have them give you an actual quote in person. it took me about 10 minutes to do so, Allstate was the cheapest by about 10 bucks, but what got me was their Forgive and Forget program, they give you Rewards on your rate every year you go without a claim or ticket. mine went down 15 bucks a month this year. :)

JC70SS
11-13-2006, 11:32 PM
No matter what, you are high risk. I used to work in that field. A suspended license is a gold mine for ins companies. You will need to go to a high risk company. Call my bro, Will. 262-305-4880. He has an agency and works with at least 20 companies. Hopefully you have good credit because your ins. rate is 50% driving record and 50% credit score.

-Joe

Al
11-13-2006, 11:42 PM
AAA

They saved me about 400/year with my current record.

Even back in the day with my speeding excess and accident with my 10 month old prelude, my rates were not that high. Your rates are a\being hiked up big time.

Expect to save at least 100/month.

BTW
-How old are you?
Also, I do not think credit matters if you own your car or are considered a dependant.

What type of ticket did you not pay?

Waver
11-14-2006, 12:27 AM
my mustang is insured with viking ins group...I have high risk due to some dumb ass shit I pulled when I was younger....paying 200 every month....

HITMAN
11-14-2006, 01:00 AM
General Casualty insurance blows dead donkey dicks. I wouldn't use them again even if they were the last insurance company on the face of the Earth.

I insure all three of my cars including my Cobra for $156.00 per month through State Farm. Lisa Ramlow is my agent.

PHDcamaro
11-14-2006, 06:27 AM
im only 23... i totally forgot till yesterday that i had those tickets in west allis when i got arrested that night on 108th ST (hahaha)for a warrant that was payed a month before and not taken out of the computer.... i should prolly go pay those

UnderPSI
11-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Talk to Atty. Basil you can find his info in the lawyer sticky. Pay some money and have him make some of your tickets dissapear and your insurance will go down. I talk from experience. I had a bunch of my old tickets turned into non-moving violations. My ins. dropped a ton.

ProjectCamaro
11-14-2006, 11:03 AM
That's stupid. Insurance companies will insure people as long as they make money, then the one time when they make a little less they drop you. I hate insurnace companies with a passion.

GRAMPS SS
11-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I had gen cas in the past,,,they dropped my butt too...i went to safeco.....midtown insurence in brookfield....414-464-7800...i was with them when i had the Monte SS.....ask for sandy and tell her wayne puffer sent ya...i believe they work with a few different companies as well....don'nt go with progressive....they are cheap but when it comes time to get something fixed, just say you get into another crash...they go with all cheap parts...my buddy ownes a body shop and says they are the worst....good luck in the hunt............wayne

DirtyMax
11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Lisa Ramlow

Oh, the ironing.... :rolf

SmokinRAM114
11-14-2006, 11:52 AM
im 20 i have 1 falure to stop at stop sign ticket and i pay 213 a month for my cummins what a rip. The vin reads 5.9L so they think its a "hemi" IDIOTS! and thats through progressive $40-60 cheaper then any you guys have listed. I have a 19 over ticket that im goin to court for today in lannon there goes my insurence.:stare

Nix
11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
My wife and I have Blue Badger and they are very competative. When I was younger and had my 94' Z28 I had over (I shit you not) in about 3 years I had about 27 tickets ranging from "Improper tire equiptment" to "driving with fog lites in liue of headlights", and a handfull of speeding tickets. Anywho I was paying around $225 a month for full coverage.

Since then I havent had a ticket in over 3-4 years now and I have a spotless record, after you turn 25 rates go down drastically and also after I got married my rates went down a ton more. To insure my 00' TA I pay $300 or so a year.:headbang

BLUE BADGER!!!

BAD LS1
11-14-2006, 12:50 PM
Allstate here... I have just a Hellacious record behind me... was paying about 2500 bucks a year for 2 vehicles. They never dropped me after all these moving violations and losing my license twice. Rates went up slightly on the camaro alone was about it. When i turned 25 last jan, i renewed the insurance again in may and when i opened the bill, i just about shit my self!! it dropped almost $1500 a year! So now i pay roughly $550 6 months out the year when the camaro is on, and the other 6 months i pay $320 for that 6 months. Not bad for being single and 25 and having 2 ,2 dr V8 powered late model cars, one having a loan on it (monte) camaro has been paid off for some time.

So case in point, there is light at the end of the tunnel for people with horrific driving records.

67-400
11-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Back when I had an accident, a couple of speeding tickets on my record, I went with American Advantage, Lindow Insurance based out off of Silvernail Rd, Pewaukee. They quoted me very reasonable rates, and surely not as much as $350.xx. I believe it was only like mid 100's that I paid per month for a 92 Z28....not my current one, but a different one.....and a 91 Eclipse GSX that were both insured full coverage. I think their # is 262 548-8070. Dan Lindow was my agent. He had a poor attitude when I left him when I had a clean record, so i feel bad for recomending him, but oh well. It's his niche. He's no longer needed for me. Good luck on your venture finding better rates!!

PHDcamaro
11-14-2006, 06:22 PM
thanks for all the help guys... ill check out some of the people yall recomended next week........ i should get a mail order bride so my rates can go down lol

GTSLOW
11-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Wow I cant beleive what some people are paying for some stupid pointless tickets!

I have Allied and pay $144 a month full coverage with a $500 premium. That covers my 02 Trans Am (+i'm 21 years old) and my wifes 98 Sunfire GT.

:guns1 auto insurance

http://www.alliedinsurance.com/

Might be worth checking out might not.

03CVLX
11-15-2006, 08:10 PM
My agent is Starr Insurance 414-421-3800.. They will quote you multiple different companies, I am through Secura Insurance right now and was through West Bend Mutual previously. Give them a shot. They quoted me a rate of $1000 a year for Renters/full coverage auto. Although I don't exactly have a sports car and no tickets/accidents either so its probably not a very good example.

**EDIT** I should say they will shop multiple different companies they use and quote you the lowest that they can find.