PDA

View Full Version : new car opinions

88Nightmare
11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
So im looking into a new car for my mother. not sure if I should buy or lease. I know some of the downsides to leasing, like limited in mileage....etc, but what do you guys think of leases compared to buy?

Here are some of the cars I'm considering:

07 Monte Carlo SS with the 5.3 V8
07 Imp SS with the 5.3 V8
07 Colorado crew cab all decked out with options
07 Lincoln MKZ (test drove it, very nice for 30 grand)
07 Mercury Milan
07 Civic Si (dont laugh, I drove one, 197hp in a light car and 6speed manual is very very nice)
07 Civic 2 door with good options
07 Accord probably a 2 door, most likely would be a 6 cylinder with a manual
I want to go check out a VeeDubb Jetta or Passat.

Any other suggestions for cars to look at? Any no-go's on cars I listed? Lets get some assholes....errr.... opinions up in here :chair: :durr

88Nightmare
11-08-2006, 07:04 PM
BTW, I would be the one making the payments on it, it would pretty much be a gift, so keep that in mind. My mother does have a lead foot and likes a peppy car that grips the road well, although I know she would not turn down a Colorado at all. I guess it all boils down to what shes comfortable in, but do you guys forsee any major problems in cars I listed? Honestly I'm leaning towards getting her a honda of some sort. Got the reliability of a Jap car plus they look pretty cool now, Motortrend gave the 06 civic car of the year, and they get sweet gas mileage. Some of them, specially with the 5 speed, move pretty damn good.

Flight_740
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
New camry hands down. Bigger plus since you are making the payments. They hold Killer resale. Drive it for 3-4 years and probably dump out of it for what you owe if you feel like it.

Fuk all the other cars. Seriously, american have the worst resale ever.

Edit: for an extra $2500 ( I believe) you can get the hybred. 40 MPG!!:wow Thats city driving.

hrsp
11-08-2006, 07:07 PM
damn...wish i could buy my mom a car... sweet deal

Berettaspeed
11-08-2006, 08:28 PM
you should buy a beretta :thumbsup

i have been thinking of getting somthing nice to drive, but i want it paid for in 6 months you know.. i hate the fact how cars cost so much then the resale drops like a bicht

oh and keep in mind nice cars = alot more money to fix when broken. you end up paying for the car again in repairs. hybrids cost too much right now to repair. all that gas money saved goes for repairs.. mitsu, and nissans are really expensive to fix.. honda and toyota are a bit cheaper for an import.stay away from those german cars. wiring and electrical probelms and it seems to be they are trying to fix that but yeah.... ford usually has more expensive parts than GM. i would say GM is the cheapest overall. chrysler has nothing good all most of the cars are gas hogs. but GM has horrible quality control.

88Nightmare
11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
what about the honda civics? I showed my mother a brochure and she is taking a liking to the 2 door Si.

Car Guy
11-08-2006, 10:41 PM
what about the honda civics? I showed my mother a brochure and she is taking a liking to the 2 door Si.

Well it's a honda, right.....??? :thumbsup

ThatWhiteCivic
11-08-2006, 10:45 PM
They look like nice little cars.
I vote Monte Carlo.

JC70SS
11-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Grand prix GXP!! Don't give your money to people that hate us...The Japanese. Those people will never get mine:chair:

Car Guy
11-08-2006, 11:06 PM
Grand prix GXP!! Don't give your money to people that hate us...The Japanese. Those people will never get mine:chair:

I can understand your thoughts but I would bet money that the Japanese own more of GM than americans do.....

Slow Joe
11-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Mercury Milan, since it's the same as the Fusion... Which is a Mazda 6 in Ford clothing... They're quiet, handle well, are comfortable, and our 2.3L I4 Automatic is getting an average over 30MPG!!! Plus they're VERY reasonable for what you get!!!

EDIT: The Jetta and Passat are nice cars... I actually enjoy driving the new Jetta very much so! The ride is a little rough for some customers though...

johnny--2k
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I sold Milan's and Zephyr's, and if you are gonna spend 30K on a car, go buy a TL or a loaded Accord. Much more bang for the buck IMHO, but I'm also biased. :banana1: :D

They are not bad car's by any means, but not the best for the money. Look at Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus, Mazda. Stay away from the 1.8T motors in any of the VW's since they tend to have problems with sludging. Honestly, Honda/Acura, or Toyota/Lexus are probably your two best bets.

Al
11-09-2006, 12:30 AM
If you car to look into German cars, try Audi. The Passat is a cheap version of an A4, yet it does not cost much less.

Try an A3. I could go on and on about these cars, but I will keep it simple:

$25,000 gets you AWD, 200 hp, 6-speed manual, power EVERYTHING, and a ride better than anything American or Japanese I have experienced

Go to International Autos on Highway 100 or Brown Deer Rd.

BadAzzGTA89
11-09-2006, 06:54 AM
If you car to look into German cars, try Audi. The Passat is a cheap version of an A4, yet it does not cost much less.

Try an A3. I could go on and on about these cars, but I will keep it simple:

$25,000 gets you AWD, 200 hp, 6-speed manual, power EVERYTHING, and a ride better than anything American or Japanese I have experienced

Go to International Autos on Highway 100 or Brown Deer Rd.
I agree100%
S4 twinturbo:drool:

BAD LS1
11-09-2006, 07:10 AM
Monte or Impy SS!!! Its the quickest out of the ones you listed, mine gets in the mid 20's for mileage on avg 27-28 on longer trips. Fit and finish is great compared to the past, especially the interior. No squeaks or rattles, no wind noise! Ive got 11,000 miles on it now... no issues

Colorado's depreciate in value quicker than any vehicle i owned in my life! If your gonna spend 30K on one... keep the silverado!

UnderPSI
11-09-2006, 07:14 AM

Seems like Civics=Stolen

jbiscuit
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM

come on now Joe.....I this statement is a little far fetched:rolf

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Seems like Civics=Stolen

thats true, never thought about it in that way. specially a brand new Si. Limited production. Sweet cars though, 197hp, 6 speed manual, that thing really sings at 6 grand. I feel the VTEC kick in around 4 grand :thumbsup

anyway, I never thought about checking out an Audi. I always figured those cars were out of my league as far as price. Anyone recommend a good Acura dealership for checking out TL's? What does a nicely equipped TL go for? How about an Infinity? I like the G35 sedan, that would be a pretty sweet ride. Does It'l Autos on ****** sell Infinities?

Red97GTP
11-09-2006, 08:39 AM
88, if you want an MKZ or Milan, come see me. I think I'm the only member here that sells Lincolns and Mercurys. I'm at Boucher on HWY 100 & Oklahoma. BTW, that MKZ is awesome, lots of power, AWD option, tons of standard features, etc.

Brian

Red97GTP
11-09-2006, 08:40 AM
88, if you want an MKZ or Milan, come see me. I think I'm the only member here that sells Lincolns and Mercurys. I'm at Boucher on HWY 100 & Oklahoma. BTW, that MKZ is awesome, lots of power, AWD option, tons of standard features, etc. They also have a Sign and Drive event on them. Nothing out of pocket, $385/mo plus ttl for a 39mo lease.

Brian

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
I can sell Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ford, Mercury and VW!!! Just an FYI not a plug...

And an FYI they don't use the 1.8T motor anymore!!! It's either a 2.5L I5 or a 2.0T.

johnny--2k
11-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Grand prix GXP!! Don't give your money to people that hate us...The Japanese. Those people will never get mine

Considering the Accords and TL's are built in Ohio, that's a pretty dumb statement.

johnny--2k
11-09-2006, 10:06 AM
And an FYI they don't use the 1.8T motor anymore!!! It's either a 2.5L I5 or a 2.0T.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. Good catch!

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 01:25 PM
anyone recommend a good acura dealer so I can go and check out a TL?

JC70SS
11-09-2006, 01:34 PM
There is only one in the area. Acura of Brookfield.

BAD LS1
11-09-2006, 01:55 PM
There is only one in the area. Acura of Brookfield.

And thats virtually the only car they have on the lot... sucked when trying to find a RSX or anything....

JC70SS
11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Considering the Accords and TL's are built in Ohio, that's a pretty dumb statement.

Yeah, where does the profit go back to??:shades I do admit I like Acura.

johnny--2k
11-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah, where does the profit go back to??:shades I do admit I like Acura.

Profit I can understand, but think of all the jobs they are providing.....

Flight_740
11-09-2006, 03:13 PM
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ncal_id=920452&car_id=212103331&dealer_id=84794&car_year=2007&model=CAMRY&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=2005&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=new&distance=25&make=TOYOTA&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=53227&advanced=&end_year=2007&doors=&transmission=&car_year=2007&max_price=&cardist=0

Might want to check them out.

Red97GTP
11-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I've got a used 04 TL 6 speed on the lot if you wanna check it out...

PureSound15
11-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Acura of Brookfield has got to be the best car dealership experience I have ever had. Even to get a key made they treat you like a king, when I made that comment to the parts guy he says "Sir, you drive an Acura" :rolf :rolf .

I like them a lot, and I also like my Acura a lot. 3.2L+veeeetach= plenty of fun!

Flight_740
11-09-2006, 03:39 PM
And why people buy new is beyond me.

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 03:46 PM
whats wrong with buying new? if its so bad, why do they continue to make cars?

RanJer
11-09-2006, 04:29 PM
whats wrong with buying new? if its so bad, why do they continue to make cars?
So ignorant people can buy them and sell them to us a year later for half what they paid??:goof

Flight_740
11-09-2006, 04:48 PM
So ignorant people can buy them and sell them to us a year later for half what they paid??:goof

Exactly:rolf

Even if I had the money, it's usually a bad financial move. Thats just my point of view.

johnny--2k
11-09-2006, 04:51 PM
I've got a used 04 TL 6 speed on the lot if you wanna check it out...

Yes, I have seen it. Base car, no navigation, Deep Green Pearl with a Tan interior. :puke :durr :stare

No offense to you, but the original owner of that car had to be a moron to purchase that color combination in a 6-speed. Either that, or the dealership just handed him the keys. Horrendous color combo IMHO. I looked at it a while back, I'm not surprised you still have it. It needs a very particular buyer.

DirtyMax
11-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I usually do it, buy new cars that is, for the sole reason that I am pretty meticulous about maintenance and this way, I am assured that the vehicle is being taken care of since day 1. I don't want to spend 20K+ on a truck that has 35000 miles on it as a lease turn-in and the douche that had it before didn't care and never changed the oil so it takes a dump on me in a year. Been there, done that. And yeah I know they sell ext warranties, but then you gotta deal with all that deductible crap and risk them not covering things via technicality. Plus they aren't free either.

fireguyrick
11-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Al's comments about Audi left out one added feature. They all come standard with a little green electrical gremlin.

In reference to Infiniti:

My wife and I got F'd over by International Autos Infiniti to the tune of around $3500 and no car for 2 months because of issues with our G35 coupe that we had. I will NEVER EVER buy a car from IA again. It is unfortunate, as we purchased an Audi from IA Audi and had great service. Though, IA BMW gave me ALOT of issues when I wanted to just check the interior of a E46 M3, so that also adds to my hatred of that facility.

I would say go with the Honda Civic Si.

Rick

Oh yeah, just for Al, the AWD system found on Audi's is extremely out of date. AWD is really should not be a huge selling point. Everyone raves about how well AWD works in the snow, but in the end 90% of snow handling is from tires. Heck, the wife's RWD G35 handled better in the snow with Blizzak LM22's then my Subaru did with a decent set of All Seasons.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I was gunna quote people, but I won't... Don't be ignorant because you're "paying less for the car" you have to look at the whole investment... If you're "saving 5,000 up front" you might be paying $8000 in interest, and spending more... Plus as was mentioned before you know all the service, etc that's went into the car, and how it was treated and taken care of... I'm normally not much of a new car guy, but I've had issues with my used cars and many less issues with the new cars I've bought...

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
I suppose its hit or miss with anything, new or used. Its only a piece of machinery built by humans. I'd like to get her into a Civic Si but im afraid of potential theft. It would be a pretty good target.

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Can I suggest GAP insurance?? :rolf

fireguyrick
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Just another import to throw out there would be a Subaru Legacy GT. It has nearly the same engine as the STi (different turbo, Intercooler, and plumbing).

Rick

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
I second the Subarus... Nice cars :thumbsup

Even though we just got the Fusion I still want an Impreza RS as a driver... But the Legacy I drove was a really nice car... Plus if AWD is really a concern...

johnny--2k
11-09-2006, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah....totally forgot about that. Awesome car for the price point.

Get a Spec B with the Bilstein Coil Overs, Nav, Leather, and Heated Seats

Flight_740
11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
How bout an 01 civic EX with a 5 speed?

$8995

:rolf Have to try.

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 08:26 PM
arent subaru's notorious for rusting chassis?

BadAzzGTA89
11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Just get a Yugo FTW:thumbsup

fireguyrick
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Not recently, I know a few Subarus well over 100K Miles, even over 200K and still running.

Rick

88Nightmare
11-09-2006, 09:40 PM
yes running, subarus seem to run forever, but the bodies dont :)

Poncho
11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Grand Prix GT w/ the GenIII 3800SC

get the blown one then the special edition package. about as much go as a GXP for alot less (if lightly modded)

RanJer
11-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I suppose its hit or miss with anything, new or used. Its only a piece of machinery built by humans. I'd like to get her into a Civic Si but im afraid of potential theft. It would be a pretty good target.
I realize a lot of civics have been stolen, especially lately... but a brand new one? completely stock? you'd have to be quite the moron to take that over another car. Take off the dumb Si badges and everything and it'll be just another civic... I personally hate honda's, but i know they run forever if maintained for the most part.

I'm still with the 07 Camry though. That's my choice.

88Nightmare
11-10-2006, 08:52 AM
yeah take the Si badges off and then no one would know ya got the 197hp under the hood :)

77thor
11-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Passat is the WORST rated car in it's class, by Consumer Reports.... VW's in general, tend to be oil-burners

Larrygto
11-10-2006, 10:41 AM
They have 15 new GTOs on the lot over by my house and they have been there a while! I'll bet you could get a good deal!

88Nightmare
11-10-2006, 11:55 PM
As much as a GTO would be fun, I don't think she would enjoy driving that in the snow.

Al
11-11-2006, 12:12 AM

If you know what you are doing, you can get more when you trade it in at the dealership.

Al's comments about Audi left out one added feature. They all come standard with a little green electrical gremlin.

My wife and I got F'd over by International Autos Infiniti to the tune of around $3500 and no car for 2 months because of issues with our G35 coupe that we had. I will NEVER EVER buy a car from IA again. It is unfortunate, as we purchased an Audi from IA Audi and had great service. Though, IA BMW gave me ALOT of issues when I wanted to just check the interior of a E46 M3, so that also adds to my hatred of that facility.

I would say go with the Honda Civic Si.

Rick

Oh yeah, just for Al, the AWD system found on Audi's is extremely out of date. AWD is really should not be a huge selling point. Everyone raves about how well AWD works in the snow, but in the end 90% of snow handling is from tires. Heck, the wife's RWD G35 handled better in the snow with Blizzak LM22's then my Subaru did with a decent set of All Seasons.

That car is an Infiniti you are speaking about with the issues. The new A4 tends to have fewer issues.

I am guessing that you have seen the "Subaru takes on the World" video. In certain situations, the Subaru AWD system has an advantage. BUT the current Audi system will outperform the Subaru in most real world situations. That video goes on to find the glitches in specific systems on other cars while cloaking their own by creating specific situations where they will not fail. Also, the Audi's used in the comparison have the older torsian central differential. This is what my car has. It requires more input torque before it begins to transfer power to the rear wheels as well as some slippage up front.

Tires are important, but add them to AWD and you have something better.

Larrygto
11-11-2006, 08:07 AM
As much as a GTO would be fun, I don't think she would enjoy driving that in the snow.I get stuck in the driveway every time it snows even if its just a trace!

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 09:38 AM
well guys ive been doin more thinking, and I might be leaning towards a Monte SS. any negatives about this car ya'll want to holler out about?

Poncho
11-11-2006, 10:32 AM
I get stuck in the driveway every time it snows even if its just a trace!

you have an 04 w/ 17s?? what the hell is wrong with you, lol???

only once did my goat get "stuck" last winter, but that was because the tires were halfway bald and the snow drifted upto it's hood up front while it was parked during our worst snow storm.

w/ the GTO as long as you have good tread out back it's fine in the snow.

sadly though, according to last nights results the TA for some reason feels more planted than the GTO in the snow.

probably how the weight sits. i know the TA is more nose heavy and the GTO is near 50/50.

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Passat is the WORST rated car in it's class, by Consumer Reports.... VW's in general, tend to be oil-burners

Consumer Reports = Bias!

The new Passat is a very nice car, and don't seem to have many issues... Even the older ones I see comming in on trade with over 200k on the clock and hardly any issues...

fireguyrick
11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
If you know what you are doing, you can get more when you trade it in at the dealership.

That car is an Infiniti you are speaking about with the issues. The new A4 tends to have fewer issues.

I am guessing that you have seen the "Subaru takes on the World" video. In certain situations, the Subaru AWD system has an advantage. BUT the current Audi system will outperform the Subaru in most real world situations. That video goes on to find the glitches in specific systems on other cars while cloaking their own by creating specific situations where they will not fail. Also, the Audi's used in the comparison have the older torsian central differential. This is what my car has. It requires more input torque before it begins to transfer power to the rear wheels as well as some slippage up front.

Tires are important, but add them to AWD and you have something better.

I fixed my post so it was clear I was responding to the comment about getting an Infiniti.

The Haldex AWD system found on all 1998 and up Quattro Audi's is still antiquated in many ways. You can also find the Haldex system on 1998 and up VW Golf's and Jetta's. The issue with the Haldex system is that it does less to prevent issues then the old Torsen setup. It assists with recovery, but would the recovery even be needed if there was a better AWD system.

Then of course, you have the STi with a different type of AWD when compared to other Subaru's. The big difference is the adjustable center diff.

I suppose that most of this would all come down to a driving preference and style then anything else. That being said, my STi handles rain, snow, ice, and dry weather better then my Uncle's A4 with Quattro does.

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
I fixed my post so it was clear I was responding to the comment about getting an Infiniti.

The Haldex AWD system found on all 1998 and up Quattro Audi's is still antiquated in many ways. You can also find the Haldex system on 1998 and up VW Golf's and Jetta's. The issue with the Haldex system is that it does less to prevent issues then the old Torsen setup. It assists with recovery, but would the recovery even be needed if there was a better AWD system.

Then of course, you have the STi with a different type of AWD when compared to other Subaru's. The big difference is the adjustable center diff.

I suppose that most of this would all come down to a driving preference and style then anything else. That being said, my STi handles rain, snow, ice, and dry weather better then my Uncle's A4 with Quattro does.

Not Golfs and Jettas... R32, Passat, and possibly Phaeton... No AWD Jettas or Golfs though... Not even the Jetta GLi or the Golf GTi

Edit: And in VWs it goes by the name of 4Motion instead of Quattro, and the Touareg has 4X Motion...

Al
11-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm wondering about the VW/Audi thing also.

Did you see the Subaru Takes on the World video?

BTW- that Sti has a beefed up drivetrain. I do not know how it compares to a regular A3/A4/A6/A8, but the S-series Audi's are something else too. I'd like to see an STi vs an S3 on a road coarse with some snow and ice.

Larrygto
11-11-2006, 02:03 PM
you have an 04 w/ 17s?? what the hell is wrong with you, lol???

only once did my goat get "stuck" last winter, but that was because the tires were halfway bald and the snow drifted upto it's hood up front while it was parked during our worst snow storm.

w/ the GTO as long as you have good tread out back it's fine in the snow.

sadly though, according to last nights results the TA for some reason feels more planted than the GTO in the snow.

probably how the weight sits. i know the TA is more nose heavy and the GTO is near 50/50. My driveway faces north and is on an incline
so there always ice and snow on it. If I don't get a run at it no way I make it in the garage! Other than that its pretty good in the snow.

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
anyone recommend a good subaru dealership?

Reverend Cooper
11-11-2006, 05:40 PM
dont ever lease unless you can write it off as a business. any sales person on this site or anywhere that tells ya diff. is full of it. buy, with all the factory incentives,holdbacks,low interest you cant go wrong.yes i agree with the camry hybrid. not only on gas savings and reliability,but you also get a tax credit for clean air and they come with options a reg camry does not. if you need help in the toyota area you can call me i dont sell im in service so let me know i can get ya a good hook up. otherwise good luck and have fun getting her a new ride.

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 06:12 PM
i didnt know there was a camry hybrid out....

what about a WRX wagon? that just hit me. I know they made them like in 04, but do they still produce them?

fireguyrick
11-11-2006, 06:14 PM
anyone recommend a good subaru dealership?

I have been a fan of Sommer's having purchased two subaru's there in the past. Both the people I would have recommended are gone though. Don Jacob's on 27th seems to be a decent place. I also recall they, at least use to, include oil changes for free with any vehicle you buy there.

Rick

Yes, they still make WRX wagons. They have the STi's 2.5ltr engine, but with a smaller turbo and other items. Also, the Forester XT and Outback XT have similar engines. Essentially the performance Subaru's are the STi, WRX, Forester XT, Outback XT, Legacy GT Sedan, and Legacy GT Wagon.

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 06:46 PM
a wagon would be cool..... hmm

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Leases are only good if the car has a higher residual value than the car would be worth trade-in in two years and you know you'll be putting on that amount mileage or less... They're also good for businesses... I know that Saturn runs some lease specials that are amazing (like 99/mo for 36mo) sometimes, and Honda has some good ones too...

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 09:26 PM
my pops works over at saturn. I hear the Saturn Aura is pretty cool. I think its got a 3.5 optional engine, 240hp about, loaded with a moonroof and stuff, autostick, for about 24k. probably less with his employee discount.

Reverend Cooper
11-11-2006, 09:29 PM
there is also a highlander v6 awd hybrid too!

Poncho
11-11-2006, 09:32 PM
My driveway faces north and is on an incline
so there always ice and snow on it. If I don't get a run at it no way I make it in the garage! Other than that its pretty good in the snow.

i had that problem a few times last winter. needed a running start, only to end up on ice w/ half the car in the garage and the back half just sliding around on a patch of ice. so i hear you there.

plus the stock BFGs are like frickin' rocks.

Larrygto
11-11-2006, 09:43 PM
i had that problem a few times last winter. needed a running start, only to end up on ice w/ half the car in the garage and the back half just sliding around on a patch of ice. so i hear you there.

plus the stock BFGs are like frickin' rocks.I'm more worryed I may not be able to stop before crash into my son's room!

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 09:56 PM
the GTO is a cool car, but I think that might be a little too much for a 51 year old woman to handle in snow :D

Poncho
11-12-2006, 03:41 AM
I'm more worryed I may not be able to stop before crash into my son's room!

it's a GTO, not a Mustang.

Larrygto
11-12-2006, 07:36 AM
it's a GTO, not a Mustang.It has nothing to do with the brakes it's the BFG's on the slippery garage floor!