PDA

View Full Version : Fair Wisconsin phone...

Nix
11-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Did anyone here happen to get the bot phone call last night that the news has been talking about this morning? It was "Fair Wisconsin" talking about voting "NO" on the gay/******* law. I personally didnt get it but Ive herd it on the radio several times already this morning and its bullshit how they worded it to be extremley decieving and to confuse people even more that they already are about this shit.:flipoff2:

VOTE YES TODAY!!!

Silver350
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
I looked at the sample ballet and I think it is worded to confuse people. I been getting mix messages between people and what they think. I saw some Kids outside marquette holding signs saying if you are religious vote no on the marrage amendment. I figure they would be voting yes for marrage to be between one man and one woman.

Here clarifys what Yes and No means

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/ag/opinions/ltr_kennedy_080706.pdf

animal
11-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Heh, I want them to change the ballot answers to "homos" or "no homos".

Much less confusing. But then again wording it funny and trickery are the only way it'll pass, right?

Flight_740
11-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Heh, I want them to change the ballot answers to "homos" or "no homos".

:rolf :rolf

twicks69
11-07-2006, 11:22 AM
So, after reading the Attorney General's explanation, it sounds like that if you vote:

Yes - Then you are permanently changing the constitution to prohibit the validity of same-sex marriages (which are already banned), and ONLY allowing traditional marriages (man-woman). Yet, the law can still be changed through legislative or judicial decision.

No - Then you are voting to not change the current law stating that Wisconsin allows ONLY traditional marriages (man-woman).

So either way, same-sex marriages are banned, and if you vote yes, it is essentially permanent unless there is another public vote (like this one). If you vote no, then it is open to discussion in the future for the public to vote to change it.

I agree, it is worded poorly on purpose - gotta love politicians. They know if they ever proposed a properly worded document, people would understand it and vote it down. The only way they ever get anything approved is by confusing the public to vote "wrong", and end up winning. :rolf

GRM-REPR
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes Vote Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirtyMax
11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
People who are gay don't interfere with our lives as a straight person so I don't know who people are in such a tissy. No homo has ever done something to intrude on my life other than that annoying god damn lisp but whatever... :rolf Do I agree with homosexuality? Not really. But at the same time, if two people wanna be gay and married that hell, why the heck not let them.

I would bet my life that there would be 1/4 the divorce rate among gay married couples than us straight people. Hell, even us hetero's fvck it up more than 50% of the time (the divorce rate) so who's saying the gays wouldn't be more successful.

The only real combatant to this ammendment should be the corporations who will have to shell out more for health insurance to insure more married people.

Regular Joes like you and I and all of us really have no legitimate reason to give a shit, really. Other than you might find out someting about a few people you know that you may not have before. :goof

P.S. Did anyone hear Doogie Howser came out of the closet last week... classic! :headbang

Nix
11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
People need to read the bible...:banana1:

This may get outta hand now that I just put that up. Just my 2 cents, that is all

Car Guy
11-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument here but what if I don't read the bible...? As in I don't follow any religion in general.....

Nix
11-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm not trying to start an argument here but what if I don't read the bible...? As in I don't follow any religion in general.....

Its a free country man, Im not gonna judge you if you dont believe in God. If you dont then you dont and thats all there is to it. I DO believe in god and I DO NOT believe gay marriage should be alowed anywhere. What I believe in and the way I was raised taught me this and I believe it to be correct.

SlowStee
11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
They worded the whole gay marriage thing completely wrong...thats not even what its about. :chair:

DirtyMax
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Politics and Religion in the same thread. Tisk, tisk...

Prime page 1 advertising space available. Inquire within.

http://www.pritchettcartoons.com/illustrations/worms.gif

Silver350
11-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Yes - Then you are permanently changing the constitution to prohibit the validity of same-sex marriages (which are already banned), and ONLY allowing traditional marriages (man-woman). Yet, the law can still be changed through legislative or judicial decision.

Same sex marrage is banned in the state of wisconsin but in the consitution it state marrage is between a husband and a wife, and if you vote no it gives people with interest in the same sex a loop hole to claim that it is not gender specific and argue that states should allow same sex marrage. This amendment is to change the consitution stating a man and a woman, not a husband and wife.

wikked
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
P.S. Did anyone hear Doogie Howser came out of the closet last week... classic! :headbang

LOL yes! wtfff
Well I can believe it, Wanda (his gf on the show - Lisa Dean Ryan) wasn't all that hot... definitely no Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar):D
Google Image the two... especially Danica (middle row 4th pic) :wow :drool:

That'd be a great sidebet/poll.
"Who's the next former child star/actor/actress to come out of the closet?"

Nix
11-07-2006, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=4EYED]Politics and Religion in the same thread. Tisk, tisk...[quote=4EYED]

Read post #8, I already stated that it may get out of hand.:D

animal
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Read post #8, I already stated that it may get out of hand.:D

And it was out of place with the discussion, so lets leave that topic completely out of this thread. I hate having to scroll down to heated discussions. Before you know it richard simmons will be on BCM crusading.... I'm sure we can all agree that's the last thing we need.

Karps TA
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
It's not all just about gay marriage. Gay marriage is already illegal. It's also about giving rights to couples that aren't married. Like say you and a girl dated and lived together for 15 years but never got married. Wouldn't you want some say in her medical care or legal matters if something were to happen to her?

I don't give a damn what gays do. As long as they aren't trying to stick it up my butt, it doesn't bother me.

Besides if the church is against it, they need to clean their own house out before dictating to others what should be done.

Nix
11-07-2006, 01:41 PM
And it was out of place with the discussion, so lets leave that topic completely out of this thread. I hate having to scroll down to heated discussions. Before you know it richard simmons will be on BCM crusading.... I'm sure we can all agree that's the last thing we need.

Thanks, I think I started this thread and was adding to it.:(

Admin, please move this to "Heated Discussion" asap to make animal happy:)

84hurst
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Marrige is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN! I could go into detail to decribe man and to describe woman, but that would probably be a waste of time. This nation was founded on Christian religion, clearly stating homosexuality is a sin and it will not be tolerated. Just because some peoples views have changed, doesn't mean we should be changing our laws. Homosexuality is what it is, be gay, but for God's sakes, don't get married because there is too much paperwork if you want to get a divorce just because your boyfriend slapped you again because he gets angry when he drinks wine coolers. :rolf
WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD

animal
11-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks, I think I started this thread and was adding to it.:(

Admin, please move this to "Heated Discussion" asap to make animal happy:)

Adding bible references to a thread about political phone calls ? Sorry, I didn't realize that was in place in the conversation.

Since it was apparently your intention to take the thread in that direction, then why didn't you create it in heated discussions in the first place? :confused

Karps TA
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
People act like marriage is sacred or still means much anymore. People marry for money, greed, careers, boredom, citizenship, etc... The "straight" people have made such a disgrace of marriage over the last couple decades, I can't imagine the gay people possibly making it mean any less.

Nix
11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
Adding bible references to a thread about political phone calls ? Sorry, I didn't realize that was in place in the conversation.

Since it was apparently your intention to take the thread in that direction, then why didn't you create it in heated discussions in the first place? :confused

Good question, I dont have an answer for you though.:banana1: Life goes on and on and on and on...:D

subliminal1284
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Marriage to me means nothing, if you really think about it all it really is, is a piece of paper declaring you love someone. I dont need a piece of paper to know I love someone, if you love them you love them. I am all for gay marriage I have a few gay friends and none of them have ever tried anything with me. If they wanna get married let them. And im sorry to all the bible thumpers on here but people dont choose to be gay its just how their brain is wired when theyre born. If gays cant have the same rights we do maybe we should just bring good ole serregation back too

srt4eh
11-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Marrige is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN! I could go into detail to decribe man and to describe woman, but that would probably be a waste of time. This nation was founded on Christian religion, clearly stating homosexuality is a sin and it will not be tolerated. Just because some peoples views have changed, doesn't mean we should be changing our laws. Homosexuality is what it is, be gay, but for God's sakes, don't get married because there is too much paperwork if you want to get a divorce just because your boyfriend slapped you again because he gets angry when he drinks wine coolers. :rolf
WE ARE ONE NATION UNDER GOD

We are a nation under God but we still want to seperate church and state? IMO - leave the gay people alone. Does it affect you in any way if they get married? What gives you any right to judge people that have different feelings than you? Look past the gay marriage part and look at what else you're saying "Yes" to. Whether it ends up yes or ends up no there will still be no gay marriage in Wisconsin BUT they will still be here.

Yeah - I'm Lutheran and I have read the bible. But not everyone is Christian or believes in the bible. Government has no control over what religion you are so they shouldn't have the right to tell you who can and cannot be married. And paperwork? We're gonna deny them rights because IF they get divorced there will be too much paperwork? Please. Thats like saying I have money and want to be a politician but don't want to campaign because I'd have no time to race at GLD.

Why don't we talk more about the death penalty? Now thats something that affects everyone. :headbang

95mustang302
11-08-2006, 02:33 PM
Marriage to me means nothing, if you really think about it all it really is, is a piece of paper declaring you love someone. I dont need a piece of paper to know I love someone, if you love them you love them. I am all for gay marriage I have a few gay friends and none of them have ever tried anything with me. If they wanna get married let them. And im sorry to all the bible thumpers on here but people dont choose to be gay its just how their brain is wired when theyre born. If gays cant have the same rights we do maybe we should just bring good ole serregation back too

exactly, i don't see what everyones big freakin problem is. If gay people want to get married, WHO CARES???

Why the hell do straight people care what gay people do. Are they affecting your life at all, are they hitting on you where ever you go? Are the being obscene in public, PROBABLY NOT. I've read the bible, and go to churt and I still think that if gays want to get married who are we to tell them no? That is NOT our place. All we did is set the civil rights of others back many years. Its an absolute disgrace how people can hate on others like this. I can only hope that our children won't be so hateful towards their fellow man in the future and that there is more tolerance.

Yooformula
11-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Again, "one nation under God" was not added until the late 1950's so please stop acting like that was an intention.

2ndly, my issue with this whole crap is the impact it could have on insurance premiums for companies and what I will end up having to pay. More people added to policies with more claims means more in premiums for joe family guy...ME! Allowing this to go through means that anyone that claims to be a longtime boyfriend/girlfriend or domestic partner can get the same benefits as a normal family.

Al
11-09-2006, 12:47 AM
People need to read the bible...:banana1:

I agree with you. The problem is that there are those out there who do not see this issue the same way we do.

I have asked myself if I could/should/would tell people why I believe this. I have spoken with people on both sides of the issue including a gay couple.

The couple understood where I was coming from and were not in the least bit 'liberalish' about the issue. The question that stumped all of us that I asked was "If I was to say nothing about this and let it go its own way, what would that mean to me? As a Wisconsin resident, how would my life change if marriage was allowed? As a Christian, would it be wrong to stand back and not put forth any effort towards this issue?

The "not bad" aspects of this that I can think of are: (1) no more whining, (2) less 'swinging' and less disease spread due to such committment, (3) statistically, Wisconsin might not be a worse place to live.

The guns I plan on sticking to are going to be faith on this one.

2ndly, my issue with this whole crap is the impact it could have on insurance premiums for companies and what I will end up having to pay. More people added to policies with more claims means more in premiums for joe family guy...ME! Allowing this to go through means that anyone that claims to be a longtime boyfriend/girlfriend or domestic partner can get the same benefits as a normal family.

Question: why would your rates go up? If these couples actually commit to eachother, they will be less likely to find new partners and STDs will be less likely to spread. One of the biggest internal issues of the GLTG community is the spread of STDs. I THINK that this is partially related to them not being able to committ to eachother.

I do not intend to sound sacireligious, but the GLTG community might form their own moral values towards relationships.

SlowStee
11-09-2006, 01:47 AM
man I thought we went through a thread like this already

:banana