PDA

View Full Version : Stolen car!

srt4eh
11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
This is not mine.....but a friend of mine from myspace. He lives in Milwaukee.....I know its just a civic but still - stealing is wrong...

hey peoples my car was stolen at around 9pm 2nite... it has DC sports written on the front windsheild, and a batman and misfits sticker on the rear window.... it also has a extreamly loud fart can on it.......
it is most likely on the southside of milwaukee... i need help finding this car,,, i put blood sweat and tears in this machine,,, 4 some asshole 2 do this.... so can u please help me???? thankyou.... if any question call my cell at 614-0331... thanks ~~andy~~

http://myspace-399.vo.llnwd.net/01395/99/36/1395186399_l.jpg

Flight_740
11-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Is it even worth owning a civic anymore?

jbiscuit
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
not really. Its not a matter of will it get stolen but rather a matter of when. The thefts in this area are just insane in the last year with civics. If its decently clean or has a motor swap etc they will follow you home and come get it. Sorry to say man but your buddies Civic is long gone. Its cut up and parted already. Start roaming the eastern portion of National for the body.

Yooformula
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
You would think by now all civic owners would have lo-jack..damm shame there are so many punks nowadays.

GRAMPS SS
11-07-2006, 10:15 AM
what's with all the civics disapearing lately.......what you have to stand guard with a gun 24/7 I don't care what kind of car it is...stealing someones elses things is just freckin wrong....what is this world coming too....i hope they catch these low lifes and hand there asses to them

PureSound15
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm just afraid of what they'll move onto once there aren't anymore 'tuned' civics out there for them to steal and part out.

/sarcasm

It does suck, and I can't imagine having my car stolen having felt the horid feeling of my car being broken into. Good luck finding it.

wikked
11-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Cops should set up the street version of a honeypot.
1. Place some decent/modded/ricey looking Civics parked on various sidestreets on National.
2. Install cameras in the b-pillar or GPS.
3. It would lead them right to the source(s).
4. Touchdown!

GRAMPS SS
11-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Place some decent/modded looking Civics parked on various sidestreets on National... install cameras in the b-pillar.
It would lead them right to the source(s).

great idea, but WAPD do something that will help put a end to something,,,,,there too busy with.................well busy with something

Flight_740
11-07-2006, 10:33 AM
1. Place some decent/modded/ricey looking Civics parked on various sidestreets on National.
2. Install cameras in the b-pillar or GPS.
3. It would lead them right to the source(s).
4. Touchdown!

Or just hang out at the spot that they ALL seem to be dumped. It's just insane that more of these guys have not gotten caught.

Karps TA
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Well ask the police about stolen cars and you'll hear "that's what you have insurance for"

The cops know where the "chop shops" are. They just aren't worth their time.

Flight_740
11-07-2006, 10:49 AM
The cops know where the "chop shops" are. They just aren't worth their time.

But they have time to keep filing new police reports on stolen cars? Thats stupid. I think it would actually save them time by busting the shops themselves. That is if they actually do know where they are.

jbiscuit
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
it costs a LOT of money to set up these stings to bust car thiefs. Its a GREAT idea to set up a modded Civic with a camera in the dash on the pillar and bait them to steal the car. No doubt about it. Youhave to understand though that this stuff is cakewalk for those stealing these cars. They see your car at the mall, they follow you to where you live, they are easy to steal so they break in and off they go with it...easy as pie.

This kind of crime is more of a nuisance than anything. Should it be stopped? Yes. Will they set up a sting that costs LOTS of money to arrange and fund? Probably not. Whats funny is the body of the stolen car shows up a few days later in the same area almost EVERY time yet still no witnesses or criminals caught.

Karps TA
11-07-2006, 10:57 AM
When my TA got stolen in 97 I first waited 3 hours for a police officer to show up who never did. Then I went to the station to file the report, where the cop told me "ah well that's what insurance is for buddy".

Then I talked with a cousin who was a cop and he talked to some other cops and gave me a list of places to check that were "known chop shops". The cops had no interest in actually finding my car.

It's no different then reading in the news that someone was shot at a known drug house.

My car was found 2 weeks later, gutted on 2nd ave near Allen Bradley. Cops were very impressed with themselves that they found it.

Prescott
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
cops don't give a sh!t about another stolen civic.
They consider it one less punk cruising the highway or street racing, running over little girls.
Bottom line is they don't see an up side to catching these guys.
It doesn't effect the tax paying homeowners that pay for police protection.
One less fart can blasting thru there neighborhood.
What we need to do is set up our own sting. Park a tricked out civic at someone's popular hang out and then park it where it can be easily jacked overnight. When they boost it, we jump out and beat the living crap out of them. death wish style.

Nix
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM

Excellent question.

animal
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I figure, at least they're still busy stealing civics and not domestic v8s. :)

Flight_740
11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Now that I think about it, I have never been helped by a cop. Even when I have called them for help they do nothing. They are all right there when I do somthing wrong though.:goof

animal
11-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Now that I think about it, I have never been helped by a cop. Even when I have called them for help they do nothing. They are all right there when I do somthing wrong though.:goof

I've been helped by them actually. We had some theft going on at work during offhours, and the PD came through in three seperate cases within a few days and nabbed the guys. I was actually very impressed. Wasn't MPD tho.

SmokinRAM114
11-07-2006, 04:29 PM

was it ever?

Poncho
11-07-2006, 05:27 PM
was it ever?
x2

once they're done w/ civics they'll move up to integras. they have a long way to go until they start stealing anything domestic

Al
11-07-2006, 05:38 PM
was it ever?

Yes! They are good on gas and reliable. Why would you not want one? (other than having it stolen)

How about a citizen's sting or calling the news about it?

Today, an inside story: Cops eating donuts even when peoples cars are stolen.

One cop we spoke with said:
"Well..[munch]..the kid looked upset..[gulp]..but these donuts are just so damn good! How the hell do they..[burp]..do this?