PDA

View Full Version : ******* Pissed!!!!!!!!!!

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 09:22 PM
What would you do if you took your BRAND NEW CAR with 5400 miles on it in for an oil change at an unnamed place, and they left the oil cap off, and it wasn't noticed, allowing more than 1 quart of oil to escape all over the engine bay??

This is after they ****ed up for your actual appointment when they said they had the right filter and actually didn't and had to reschedule your appointment, then they rescheduled your appointment and used the wrong oil (partial synthetic instead of full synthetic)...

I'm a little, no wait, ALOT PISSED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to hear what y'all think I should do tomorrow morning, other than walk into unnamed service department furious... I already left a message on the service manager's voice mail informing him so there isn't any problems tomorrow...

Poncho
11-06-2006, 09:27 PM
hey if the engine blows you're ****ed. you didn't follow manufacturer's guidelines for oil type first.

secondly incorrect maintainance as oil level was wrong, and the oil cap was not present.

but hey if you spin a rod bearing don't tell me I didn't warn you.

**JudgeThis** helping other people out via his stupidity since 2006**

try to get into some kinda car wreck via the failure of the car's motor all involving her car, your car, and somehow the prizm, in an ellaborate scheme to get you three new cars.

but seriously.... Raise hell and demand compensation. Heavy compensation. If they don't like that go to the news. Seriously. They very badly ****ed up a VIRGIN OIL CHANGE on a new car.

I'd laugh if it was your own shop.

"It must be modified, theres a Steeda lic. plate frame. Lets make an example and deny the warranty on this fawker."

"hehe, yea, nobody f-s w/ our service department"

SNKSKNR
11-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Go postal:guns1

penji04
11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
sock it to em joe make sure you get the engine bay professionally cleaned and some free oil changes out of it. Make sure they know about the profesional cleaning first so they dont screw you over. Please give me a call and ill let you know exactly what to do.

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 09:57 PM
"It must be modified, theres a Steeda lic. plate frame. Lets make an example and deny the warranty on this fawker."

Not even a steeda plate frame on this one... Just MidwestMustangAssociation.com and Concordia University Wisconsin stickers...

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
sock it to em joe make sure you get the engine bay professionally cleaned and some free oil changes out of it. Make sure they know about the profesional cleaning first so they dont screw you over. Please give me a call and ill let you know exactly what to do.

PM Me ****er!!! :rolf :thumbsup

Poncho
11-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I'd let them know you work @ The EVS In The Falls and be condecending. Like hello you f-ers, I work in the business!!!

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I'd let them know you work @ The EVS In The Falls and be condecending. Like hello you f-ers, I work in the business!!!

Yeah, sounds like a good idea :durr

Korndogg
11-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Why do you want to keep it unnamed....damnit..i dont want to take my truck there or something.

Yooformula
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
have em clean it and give you numerous free oil changes but if you only lost a quart, I cant see something catasrophic happening to it.

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:12 PM
have em clean it and give you numerous free oil changes but if you only lost a quart, I cant see something catasrophic happening to it.

I said more than 1 quart... I'm not exactly sure 'casue the dipstick is hard as hell to read, all I know is that I filled it til I could see it and stopped there so I didn't overfill it...

Poncho
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
holy shit joe, you're racking on the miles.

the mustang still has 2,200 miles on it

H8RADE
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
First off...I would be more pissed if someone sold me a 'brand new' car with 5400 miles on it!!!
Sounds more like...'kinda new'.
FWIW...I would say to learn how to maintain your own fuggin conveyance...
Not once have I left a dealership without a full inspection on the work done. Even when I am pressed for time on the road and need to use an oil change joint, I walk around underneath and watch whatever they do, and then I go over everything that was touched by someone other than me before I leave the premises. Someone else cares for your vehicle about as much as they care for a hotel room.
If you sat in your car quietly listening to the radio, or watched soaps in the waiting room, while some hourly employee monkeyed with your new ride, you deserve what you get.
Hope tomorrow is better.
:thumbsup

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Kristie was the one that picked it up, she was in a rush to get back to school after they took an hour and a half to do a 20 min oil change...

WilliamZ
11-06-2006, 10:43 PM
I am going with do it yourself so you know it's done right. If you don't do it right you can only kick yourself in the head.

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I am going with do it yourself so you know it's done right. If you don't do it right you can only kick yourself in the head.

Yup, this is the first time I took any car in for an oil change in 5 years (when I got the first oil change free on my Mustang from Hiller) and this is what happened... Only reason I didn't do it myself is 'casue I just finished moving stuff from my storage shed and the garage is full... Plus I thought that people were competent enough to follow directions... And that the un named service department was able to do an oil change...

73Dustr
11-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Yea. That really sucks. PM and let me know what dealership that's at. My old man had is F250 in a couple weeks back for some ball joints. When he got his truck back, the one hub fell off and he couldn't even turn the other one to lock it into 4 wheel drive. He took it back in and then the tech got a huge attitude and gave him all sorts of crap. My dad was a service manager at a dealership for 15 years, and before that owned his own littile service station. Needless to say he was pissed. To top it off, this past Friday, the lugs were apparantly never tightened all the way and his wheel fell off. Took it back in, now for the third time and the manager told him that someone replaced the rotors so they aren't liable (rotors replaced months ago). Furious he went to the General manager and he told him that because the truck has since put on 800 miles it isn't the dealership's fault or problem. After a lot of threats, pissing and moaning, he finally got the dealer to take care of it for $200. Given the same tech worked on my car a week prior to my dad's truck, I checked my lugs and sure enough, not all of them were tight! It's terrible when you pay to get stuff done, and then it gets done half a$$. So I'm just curious as to what dealership you had this at and if it's the same one where we just got screwed over recently. Anyways, good luck with them straightening stuff out. Hope it all works out for you.

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:49 PM
First off...I would be more pissed if someone sold me a 'brand new' car with 5400 miles on it!!!
Sounds more like...'kinda new'.
FWIW...I would say to learn how to maintain your own fuggin conveyance...
Not once have I left a dealership without a full inspection on the work done. Even when I am pressed for time on the road and need to use an oil change joint, I walk around underneath and watch whatever they do, and then I go over everything that was touched by someone other than me before I leave the premises. Someone else cares for your vehicle about as much as they care for a hotel room.
If you sat in your car quietly listening to the radio, or watched soaps in the waiting room, while some hourly employee monkeyed with your new ride, you deserve what you get.
Hope tomorrow is better.
:thumbsup

I love it how you continuely change and update the things you post as you see fit... And it had 35mi on it when I got it... So in my book it's still new... And it'll be new til I've made at least 4 payments...

Thanks for the contributions to my thread... Or something

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 10:53 PM
73Dustr... PM Sent!

DirtyMax
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Out this place. Please for the good of all that is man.

H8RADE
11-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I love it how you continuely change and update the things you post as you see fit... And it had 35mi on it when I got it... So in my book it's still new... And it'll be new til I've made at least 4 payments...

Thanks for the contributions to my thread... Or something

Fear the edit bish...
At least you have 'inspiration' to finally name your car...
Drippy...leaky...dry-popper...puddles...squirty...black gold...shamu...
I like shamu...picturing that 'Texas Tea' rustproofing the inside of the hood.
Good times...
Also...you should beat the piss outta that woman for fawking up your ride...
Hell...beat her even though its your fault for not wanting to get yer hands dirty...
Always makes me feel better...
:rolf

Bobby72GTO
11-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Wow that is f**ked up man. Damn service departments you think they would do a better job since they do it everyday of there lives.

moels
11-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Joe, I am confused. Why didn't you just take it into EVS in the Falls where you work?? I hear they are pretty good. lol

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Joe, I am confused. Why didn't you just take it into EVS in the Falls where you work?? I hear they are pretty good. lol

I'm not able to comment on this at this time... :rolf

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow that is f**ked up man. Damn service departments you think they would do a better job since they do it everyday of there lives.

I agree 100%...

Poncho
11-07-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm not able to comment on this at this time... :rolf

EVS FTL!

should have taken it to Foste............... nevermind

Reverend Cooper
11-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Like I Said They Just Made The Inevitable Happen Sooner Joe. Lol
Good Luck And That Sux

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
It should be alright... I worked out a few things with the service manager... He said this don't happen often, but it does once in a blue moon... Of course our car was the blue moon...

H8RADE
11-07-2006, 03:02 PM
It should be alright... I worked out a few things with the service manager... He said this don't happen often, but it does once in a blue moon... Of course our car was the blue moon...

Looks like yoo got yoosef a car-name.
*06 Fusion 'Blue Moon'
:rolf

BAD LS1
11-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Well at least the exhaust manifold is rust proofed!

Besidse i used to use AC delco PF46's on the ex's 05' Focus ST with the 2.3 in it... Hard to believe they wouldnt have the right filter, being that motor has been out for ever a year.

Oil changes on that motor take 5 min! Hardest parts are finding a jack point and not trying to notspill oil all over the plastic valve cover.

Do it thy self.

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 03:32 PM
It's the internal cartridge filter... They changed it mid year or something... I changed the oil the first time, but the garage is full right now so I figured it'd be easier this way... Guess I was wrong... There's only two companies that make the filter... Motorcraft and Fram

The jacking points aren't that bad on it, since I've done it before... And spilling oil... Use a funnel! :rolf

Lash
11-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Tis why I change the oil MYSELF on all our cars.

I didnt even take my wifes car into the dealer for the year of free oil changes they gave us.

BAD LS1
11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
This is also a reinforcment as to why im fixing a leaking front half shaft seal at the tranny on the monte my self too... i had the same dealer do the same job on the colorado, leaked a week later... Making seals not leak isnt rocket science... but if you got some guy that cares for your car as much as a hotel room like stated before... carelessness happens.

for a 5 dollar seal, some emery cloth and 1.5 hour of labor on a saturday i will do it my self... regardless of it being a kinda new car with a warranty.

88Nightmare
11-07-2006, 04:56 PM
joe I gotta say, using quick lube places are not necessarily a good idea. Mostly kids working there, and they don't care what happens to your car.

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Tis why I change the oil MYSELF on all our cars.

I didnt even take my wifes car into the dealer for the year of free oil changes they gave us.

Scarry enough I turned down the free oil change from where we bought the car too... And paid for this.. Man was that a mistake... I'm still kicking myself for this grand idea... But she wouldn't take it there 'cause of what they did to her old car...

This is also a reinforcment as to why im fixing a leaking front half shaft seal at the tranny on the monte my self too... i had the same dealer do the same job on the colorado, leaked a week later... Making seals not leak isnt rocket science... but if you got some guy that cares for your car as much as a hotel room like stated before... carelessness happens.

for a 5 dollar seal, some emery cloth and 1.5 hour of labor on a saturday i will do it my self... regardless of it being a kinda new car with a warranty.

Damn those GM's hey? Leakin already :rolf Just messin with ya Tom! This is the first time I've taken a car to a dealership for work in 4 years... And the last in a very long time!

joe I gotta say, using quick lube places are not necessarily a good idea. Mostly kids working there, and they don't care what happens to your car.

It wasn't a quick lube... I think the quick lube would of done a better job...

SSDude
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Cough up the name i'm in the market for a new ride. Our lease is coming due and i wouldn't want to get screwed with a sh!t service dept on a new car. Nor would i want anyone else to go through that either.
SSDude

BadAzzGTA89
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
When i bought the sunfire in 2002 the Ecotec just came out and i had to go to the dealer to get the filter due to no one else had it yet and i been doing my own oil chainges and such from day one to look for leaks and other things with a fine tooth comb!

Cyberdx16
11-07-2006, 05:59 PM
drain all ur oil out and blow the motor and get a new one. I use to work for sears and one kid that worked with me forgot to put oil in a car, luckly the motor wasnt bad, other wise all liability is on the shop

H8RADE
11-07-2006, 06:43 PM
drain all ur oil out and blow the motor and get a new one. I use to work for sears and one kid that worked with me forgot to put oil in a car, luckly the motor wasnt bad, other wise all liability is on the shop

-1 for being a jagbag and a taker.
You are what's wrong with society.
:devil

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 07:14 PM

Why would I do that? Please elaborate... I'm not out there to screw someone over, just to make sure that people pay for their mistakes.

I agree with BGCountry... -1 for you

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Cough up the name i'm in the market for a new ride. Our lease is coming due and i wouldn't want to get screwed with a sh!t service dept on a new car. Nor would i want anyone else to go through that either.
SSDude

Eh, it's not a Ford service department so I can see some confusion, but not this kind of confusion. I'm not giving out the name due to possible reprocussions (I can't spell you get the idea).

Karps TA
11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Having worked as a lube tech at a dealership a long time ago, I've done what your bitching about. Although I caught all of them before they left. Shit would get busy and shit happens. I've left out a few drain plugs. Those were funny. Driving around back and wondering why the oil light is on. lol

Bent a hood on a Corsica once. When your used to working on Pontiacs, you don't expect the prop rod to be on the side of the hood in the middle of a fender. Doesn't take much to bed those in half.

Also had a Grand Am nearly drop off the lift, cause one of the arms on the lift failed. Thankfully the oil drain catch can was there to catch the car enough. Didn't do much to help clean the brown stains in my pants though....

anyways thats why I don't ever take my car to any place that has a 30 minute or less garuntee. When you force your employees to rush, the odds for making a mistake are higher.

Slow Joe
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I agree, but the oil change took an hour and a half... So I can't say anything about that... At least they admitted they were at falt... Last night I was on more of a rant now I'm a bit more calm, but it still pisses me off...

Brandon W.
11-08-2006, 06:40 PM
why didnt you just do the oil change yourself???...sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
My garage is currently packed with stuff from moving that's getting organized this weekend... I figured it'd be fine to just get the oil changed once by a dealership...

wikked
11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
why didnt you just do the oil change yourself???...sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Yup, this is the first time I took any car in for an oil change in 5 years (when I got the first oil change free on my Mustang from Hiller) and this is what happened... Only reason I didn't do it myself is 'casue I just finished moving stuff from my storage shed and the garage is full... Plus I thought that people were competent enough to follow directions... And that the un named service department was able to do an oil change...

Reading is FUNdamental! :goof

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 12:37 PM

:rolf :rolf :thumbsup

rally_scort
11-09-2006, 01:24 PM

give him a break guys...he does all his own oil changes on his broke-ass car:thumbsup

Scott27
11-09-2006, 08:25 PM
What would you do if you took your BRAND NEW CAR with 5400 miles on it in for an oil change at an unnamed place, and they left the oil cap off, and it wasn't noticed, allowing more than 1 quart of oil to escape all over the engine bay??

This is after they ****ed up for your actual appointment when they said they had the right filter and actually didn't and had to reschedule your appointment, then they rescheduled your appointment and used the wrong oil (partial synthetic instead of full synthetic)...

I'm a little, no wait, ALOT PISSED ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to hear what y'all think I should do tomorrow morning, other than walk into unnamed service department furious... I already left a message on the service manager's voice mail informing him so there isn't any problems tomorrow...

Speaking of being PISSED!!! I'd be PISSED if I woke up and looked in my garage and saw all the cars you drive!!! I'd rather ride a bicycle then drive your cars......a V6 Mustang?????????? You a chick????? :banana1:

Slow Joe
11-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Speaking of being PISSED!!! I'd be PISSED if I woke up and looked in my garage and saw all the cars you drive!!! I'd rather ride a bicycle then drive your cars......a V6 Mustang?????????? You a chick????? :banana1:

How does **** off dickhead work for you? Says the same thing as the negative rep I gave you... Nice first post assbag!

TURTLE
11-09-2006, 10:42 PM
joe, i think he's just jealous because you actually have a car... he's tired of the 10 speed schwinn and the frostbite required to get to middle school in the morning...

lol

try again assclown...

Poncho
11-10-2006, 12:14 AM
yea them v6 mustangs suck...

oh wait. sh1t.

ban em yoo.

Scott27
11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
How does **** off dickhead work for you? Says the same thing as the negative rep I gave you... Nice first post assbag!

Sorry to be so blunt, but why would you buy a V6 Mustang?

TURTLE
11-10-2006, 10:10 AM
why not... they're good cars..

Larrygto
11-10-2006, 10:26 AM
My 89 year old grandma pulled in my driveway about a year ago and I notice oil everywhere! Yeap same as you no cap on! Aleast her cap was right on top of the engine and she drove all the way from Chicago. Did you find yours?

Slow Joe
11-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, it was by the prop rod...

BAD LS1
11-10-2006, 01:01 PM

BWHAHAHAHAH i remember back in the day i used to get ripped for buying 4 cylinder S10's... That shit wore through pretty quick lol, went out and bought the 4.3V6 model a year later hahah

Peer pressure is a *****!

Ever since ive been getting cars with the largest possible engine for that model... Why settle though? if you cant get the biggest engine, wait till you can i guess or go used car with the big engine...

Slow Joe
11-10-2006, 01:01 PM

I have a better question for you... Why wouldn't you? :stare

Scott27
11-10-2006, 03:17 PM
I have a better question for you... Why wouldn't you? :stare

Its a car designed around a motor that's meant to have some power, a "sports" car and without the motor, it kinda takes the "sports" out of it. I have a friend with a 4 cyl mustang and it just doesn't make any sense to me, that's all....but enough of this, sorry about before

Slow Joe
11-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Its a car designed around a motor that's meant to have some power, a "sports" car and without the motor, it kinda takes the "sports" out of it. I have a friend with a 4 cyl mustang and it just doesn't make any sense to me, that's all....but enough of this, sorry about before

It's alright, just that the V6 Mustang jokes went out with Mullets... Wait there are still a few of those aren't there? :durr :rolf

But anyways, it's got around 200hp, a 5-Speed, a bit of suspension work, a ton of potential, and runs a mid 15 sec 1/4 Mi in Stock Form (thus far)... Plus it's been extremely reliable, so where can I complain?

BWHAHAHAHAH i remember back in the day i used to get ripped for buying 4 cylinder S10's... That shit wore through pretty quick lol, went out and bought the 4.3V6 model a year later hahah

Peer pressure is a *****!

Ever since ive been getting cars with the largest possible engine for that model... Why settle though? if you cant get the biggest engine, wait till you can i guess or go used car with the big engine...

Insurance is a *****... Need I say more? :rolf

Poncho
11-11-2006, 12:58 AM

why the fvck would you join a muscle car club with a jeep cherokee?

Brandon W.
11-11-2006, 12:39 PM
give him a break guys...he does all his own oil changes on his broke-ass car:thumbsup

i do oil changes on more then just my Car ass-wipe:chair: :flipoff2:

Brandon W.
11-11-2006, 12:39 PM

hahahaha:rolf :rolf :thumbsup

Scott27
11-11-2006, 03:01 PM

I don't own a Jeep Cherokee

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9L... I think you get the point... My car vs your Jeep stock for stock yields a smilar result in 1/4 mi times... The biggest difference is that I can stop and turn

Scott27
11-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9L... I think you get the point... My car vs your Jeep stock for stock yields a smilar result in 1/4 mi times... The biggest difference is that I can stop and turn

I understand, apples to oranges...you can turn and i can go through anything...i just stated for this judgethis guy, that's all

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Yup, trust me, in no way do I knock the 5.9L Grand Cherokee... It just pissed me off when you decided to rip on my car in your first post... It's fine though...

I'm actually a big fan of that body style Grand Cherokee... I use to have a '95 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L V8...

Scott27
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Yup, trust me, in no way do I knock the 5.9L Grand Cherokee... It just pissed me off when you decided to rip on my car in your first post... It's fine though...

I'm actually a big fan of that body style Grand Cherokee... I use to have a '95 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L V8...

How are the Fusions? I'm not a big fan of Ford cars, but he Fusion/Milan look kinda good, nice change from the usual.

Poncho
11-11-2006, 08:46 PM
niceness? what the hell is this

Slow Joe
11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
The Fusion is an AWESOME CAR!!! Lots of car for the money! I'd recomend it to anyone looking for a nice, smooth, good looking midsize car! Of course we got the SEL with 2.3L I4 and an Automatic Transmission... 30mpg All day! :thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
11-11-2006, 09:20 PM
I understand, apples to oranges...you can turn and i can go through anything...i just stated for this judgethis guy, that's all
go through anything like a whole bunch of diff's,trannies and transfer cases lol sorry had to

88Nightmare
11-11-2006, 09:55 PM
go through anything like a whole bunch of diff's,trannies and transfer cases lol sorry had to

damn. someone got bitchslapped. good job coop :headbang

Brandon W.
11-11-2006, 11:14 PM
niceness? what the hell is this

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf