PDA

View Full Version : My New (99) Durango

RanJer
11-06-2006, 08:41 PM
Crappy 2mp pics, but I still think she's pretty.
99 w/ the 5.9. All options. New tires/brakes. I'm diggin it.
http://www.5350.net/j3r/durango2.jpg
http://www.5350.net/j3r/durango1.jpg

SmokinRAM114
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
dang sweet ride my g/f wants one. wats the mileage?

Yooformula
11-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats! I heard those had a recall on front end parts, my brother had his rebuilt from the dealer.

RanJer
11-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Gas mileage or mileage on it?
Either way it's technically 12/16 according to Edmunds. The digital read out says I've gotten an average of 13.9 in the past 3 days. Kinda been runnin her hard... ya know the deal.. new car, new fun.
Mileage on it is 105K, little high for a 99, but it helped the price a lot.
The 5.9 is running AWESOME. Intake is on it's way, should be here early next week :)

In reference to the front end, yeah there was a recall. The previous owner had all the recall work taken care of, with documentation. I believe they had 3 recalls total for 99-00

Yooformula
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Magnaflows sounded really GOOD on that Magnum engine when I had a Ram.

RanJer
11-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Magnaflows sounded really GOOD on that Magnum engine when I had a Ram.
As in a good deep rumble?? I don't want anything too loud as this is kinda my daily car, I don't need trouble.

H8RADE
11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I had that same ride.
Tall station wagon IMHO.
The Gibson cat-back will give the best power without a lot of racket, but needs a cai to work right.
The Superchips programmer works wonders on this engine and tranny.
Speaking of which...the tranny sucks.
Either way...hope you got a good deal, cause those bastids are cheap to buy but costly to own.
My $.02

Prince Valiant
11-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Did they corect the ball-joint problem? I know some outfits were offering ballj-joints with grease fittings to alleviate the prob...

Just make sure you follow proper maintenance on the tranny, with proper fluid (very important) and you should be just fine. Some like to remove the inline check valve to the trans cooler for better flow...rarely, if ever tow in OD unless the tranny holds electronic lock-up easily, even up small hills...fluid flow isn't great while in OD, so best not to let tranny temps creep up with the T/C unlocked and towing.

Hughes Engine performance specializes in magnum engines...they offer modified intake manifolds, TB's, cams (that work with stock ecu, or require modification to ecu's, your choice), roller rockers, etc...myself, I'd probably go with 1.7 roller rockers, stage 1 intake, stage 1 TB, long tube headers, gibson exhaust, stock cam, modified ecu...

6L chevelle
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Did they corect the ball-joint problem? I know some outfits were offering ballj-joints with grease fittings to alleviate the prob...

the frontend Problem was mostly with the 98-99 ball joints lowers and uppers, but the recall is for 00-03 uppers only. so i say they didn't address the real problem, grease fittings or not

RanJer
11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Well I got the CAI from S&B Filters, good kit. Easy to install, good directions. I'd buy from them again. Product listing --> http://www.sbfilters.com/product_display.php?id=96
Had it all set-up in about 35 minutes only because the stock airbox didnt want to leave, throttle response is better and my average MPG went from ~13.9 to 15.1. So that's always nice. I'll look into exhaust systems this week. Then probably the superchips programmer after.