PDA

View Full Version : Da Beers.

jbiscuit
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
I want to hear peoples' recommendations on brews. I find it overwhelming to select the perfect brew. F Miller Lite in this thread....I want to hear your thoughts on micro brews etc....

I'll start. I LOVE the Capital Amber as well as the Capital Winter Skål. GOOOOOOOOOD stuff. The Autumnal Fire is good too.

Next up I would recommend trying a Louie's Demise from the Ale House. Thats a great dinner beer. I haven't been down there in months though. Maybe we need a night night to sample?

I drank Leinie's Sunset Wheat all summer. Still a favorite of mine.

GO!

Cryptic
11-06-2006, 11:51 AM
For the first time last Friday I had Goose Island - "Honker's Ale"

It tastes like a soup to me. That, or what I would imagine a goose's ass would taste like.

I'm not a huge beer fan to begin with. I tend to stick with whiskey and rum.

JC70SS
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I really like Paulaner. If you like sunset wheat, you will really like this. Also I like Hacker pshorr Weiss. A very expense treat I get once in a while is Delerium Tremens. Awesome beer.

PureSound15
11-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm a big fan of Spotted Cow :thumbsup

animal
11-06-2006, 12:57 PM
I enjoyed the riverwest stein beer.

Along the same brown ale lines, I also like Spaten Optimator, and "NewC's" (newcastle).

Lately I've been liking the leine's sunset wheat more than blue moon.

Check out some of the seasonal speciaties at Landmark on Howell, a lot of those are good. All time my favorite tasting beer was some crazy japanese imported dark beer that was like 5.75 for 8 ounces. I couldn't stop drinking them, they were awesome. Sadly, I was too drunk to remember the name itself, but I'd know it if I saw it. I never did see it on their menu again.

jbiscuit
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Newcastle is a GREAT beer. Prolly one of my favorites. Good call on the riverwest stein beer too

Slow Joe
11-06-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm a big fan of Spotted Cow :thumbsup

I second that... :thumbsup

deciuss
11-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Spotted Cow all the way, leinenkugels sunset wheat is also good or any wheat beer for that matter.

PureSound15
11-06-2006, 01:16 PM
I believe Texas Road house has Spotted Cow on Tap :headbang

H8RADE
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
MY GOODNESS MY GUINNESS!!!!!
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Guinness-Bottle-Tee.jpg
BRILLIANT!!!!

jbiscuit
11-06-2006, 02:06 PM
any stout fans?

beer guy
11-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I would have to agree with the sunset wheat or pretty much any lienies product for that matter. But then paulaner and hacker pschorr are good also. But then my favorite of all since it makes me the most money is miller lite lol

deciuss
11-06-2006, 03:09 PM
MY GOODNESS MY GUINNESS!!!!!
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Guinness-Bottle-Tee.jpg
BRILLIANT!!!!

At my friends engagement part over the weekend I tried that, I really have not found a beer that I can’t stand until then. To me for some reason it tastes almost like pure coco mixed with sweaty armpit.

Yooformula
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Spotted Cow and Blue moon own at my place. I am more of a bourbon drinker but I really like Sam Adams Okt. For all of the hoopla about Leini Apple spice....I think it sucks, way too sweet for me.

Prince Valiant
11-06-2006, 04:01 PM
me, I just like what gets me drunk. Rubbing alcohol, turpentine, miller lite....

guiness here in the US sucks, imo. Had some in europe and it was heavenly...went down WAY smooth. Was too good for my own good.

SSDude
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Just about anything from Capital Brewery or New Glarus is great but for a special treat try the Tyranena "Rockies Revenge" aged in Bourbon barrels. Kind of like having your shot and beer all in one. Like to have a good stout or porteron occasion.
Jay have you checked out any of the beers on tap at Benno's?
SSDude:thumbsup

Cryptic
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I believe Texas Road house has Spotted Cow on Tap :headbang

so does BW3's, its normally what I get when I have beer there.

Cryptic
11-06-2006, 04:42 PM
At my friends engagement part over the weekend I tried that, I really have not found a beer that I can’t stand until then. To me for some reason it tastes almost like pure coco mixed with sweaty armpit.

haha I could see that... :rolf

Silver350
11-06-2006, 08:37 PM
This weekend I went to a wedding reception at Lakefron Brewery. I had their cattail beer and White beer. I thought both were pretty good.

jbiscuit
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Jay have you checked out any of the beers on tap at Benno's?
SSDude:thumbsup

I haven't even gotten over there yet. I hear Bennos is cool though. I have been to Paulies a few times. :thumbsup :alcoholic

TURTLE
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
anyone go to applebees and try the "numbskull beer"... it's actually pretty good... i got the glasses to prove it.. lol

77thor
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
Blue Moon

BlownMe
11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Well, you already know im a fan of the Autumnal Fire. Hows the rest of that six pack treatin ya!!:alcoholic I like Sprechers Mai Bock, Oktoberfest and their Winter Brew. Theres a beer thats brewed in Black River Falls calles Oscars Chocolate Oatmeal Stout that blows Guiness completely out of the water. Its smoother than silk!! Dogfish 90 min IPA is a decent beer. Their 120 min IPA is damn strong stuff. Lakefront Brewery has a nice selection of beer. Ive taken their tour several times and been pretty tipsy walkin out the door.

Crawlin
11-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah, any of the New Glarus stuff is awesome, Fat Squirrel, Totally Naked, etc...

I have to agree with animal though, my favorites out of the "main choices available" would be the New Castle Brown Ale and the Spaten Optimator. That spaten shit is ******* aweome. Usually have that along with some Veal at the restaraunt I always eat at. Its lighter than what a Guiness would be, but still stronger tasting than anything else you'd usually find.

As for the smaller micro-brewery type places, there's so many good ones to list. I usually keep tabs of everything since I like trying new things when I'm on a trip. When i was at Breckenridge this year, they had a place where you'd get 7 different types as ONE order. Kind of like a "sampler platter" of 20oz glasses.

First one is a pic with the watch showing when he started(yes it says 10:25 in the morning), the second one is when he finished, hahaha

saintv90
11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Mmmm...New Castle...:alcoholic

Scott27
11-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Anyone had Lion Stout? Out of Sri Lanka maybe..

SSDude
11-10-2006, 07:54 PM
As for the smaller micro-brewery type places, there's so many good ones to list. I usually keep tabs of everything since I like trying new things when I'm on a trip. When i was at Breckenridge this year, they had a place where you'd get 7 different types as ONE order. Kind of like a "sampler platter" of 20oz glasses

You can get the eight glass sampler out in Lake Mills at the Tyranena Brewery also.
Their "Hop Whore" beer has a good bite.

Has anyone been to the Delafield brewhouse?

Yooformula
11-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Theres a beer thats brewed in Black River Falls calles Oscars Chocolate Oatmeal Stout that blows Guiness completely out of the water. Its smoother than silk!!

AHAHAHAH. That Oscars is brewed by the owner of the Wi BW3's. We used to sell it at all of our stores now its just kept in Madison and West Allis.

PB86MCSS
11-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Any Leinie's as beer guy mentioned, especially Sunset Wheat and Creamy Dark....Blue Moon is also superb, Labatt Blue isn't bad.

SSDude
11-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes Leineis Creamy dark good stuff!:shades

Teufelhunden
11-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Strongbow Cider + Guinness = :bananaBlack Velvet:banana

New Glarus and Capital craft brews are all great. I support Lakefront Brewery as much as possible.

Anyone like Pumpkin brews?:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Blue Moon + Guiness = Black Moon, pretty good stuff.