PDA

View Full Version : Housing permits? Anyone know if they are located online?

Yooformula
11-04-2006, 01:26 PM
I want to install a gas fireplace in my house and I want to know if the prev owner pulled a permit to install the one we had. I know it wasnt done right as WE energies said the pipe was all wrong but I still would like to find out.

Lash
11-04-2006, 03:01 PM
I think you have to go down to city hall and have them look it up....or maybe call.

Reverend Cooper
11-04-2006, 05:33 PM
usually have to go in yoo. sometimes they make you draw out where it goes. also just so you know they now have a rubber flexible line that is code correct for gas fireplaces. we just had one installed earlier this year. makes the install alot easier

Lash
11-04-2006, 10:39 PM
usually have to go in yoo. sometimes they make you draw out where it goes. also just so you know they now have a rubber flexible line that is code correct for gas fireplaces. we just had one installed earlier this year. makes the install alot easier

Is it rubber or is like the flex tube for hooking up a gas dryer?

Yooformula
11-04-2006, 11:47 PM
what is worrying me is that I think the prev owner did not get permits and I may be jinxing myself by asking in person.

DirtyMax
11-05-2006, 07:48 AM
You can view permits and violations on any given piece of property through the City of Milwaukee website. I'll try to explain this as best I can...

Go to http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/
Click on Get Property Information on the left hand column (2nd one down)
Type in the address, Submit
Then on the next screen there is a place that says "Property Recording, Code Violations, Service Requests and Permits" and right next to that is a "details" link. Click that.
Any permits pulled should be under the permits section.

Good luck!

Yooformula
11-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Got it thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holeshot
11-05-2006, 02:26 PM
what is worrying me is that I think the prev owner did not get permits and I may be jinxing myself by asking in person.
Yeah but if the house goes up in flames and you didn't fix that mistake your insurance might give you a hard time. But then if you had a home inspection done and the inspector missed it he is liable I think. I may be wrong though.