PDA

View Full Version : BAD LS4 Sighting...

DirtyMax
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Saw ya pulling into Briggs this morning. Car looked sharp! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Hey thanks! Were you on 124th or something? i got the winter wheels on though... It definatley lost something from the big stock wheels.

DirtyMax
11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Yes, I was going North on 124th. I really like the way the SS looked so it caught my eye then I noticed the plate. The wife wanted an SS earlier in the year and unfortunately she changed her mind .

BAD LS1
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, I was going North on 124th. I really like the way the SS looked so it caught my eye then I noticed the plate. The wife wanted an SS earlier in the year and unfortunately she changed her mind .

Yeah there is alot of subtle changes on the 06's from the 00-05's and the interior is different too. Not quite as bubbly all around, and interior has a more modern look to it. i have also done some looks changes my self to it, Removed the Bowtie from the front and all emblems on the rear and replaced them with SS emblems on the grille and the center of the trunk, also 35% tinted windows. The dealer installed the front plate bracket... so it would have 3 holes in the bumper if i took it off.

DirtyMax
11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
It felt like a "big car" to her. You're really kind of sunken in it I guess was the way she felt and it didn't seem like you could see where the hood began. It sure had some giddyup though for a sedan like that. That Blue color they had was really nice.. so is red though too.. :thumbsup

BAD LS1
11-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah.. Its a land yacht! Bad blind spots too out the sides. Its got too much low end torque off idle for its own good though. It rips... Ran a best of a 13.69@102 with the GF driving. 13.78@101 with me driving it lol, she has patience to deal with the wheel spin and just doesnt stuff it right away. I liked that blue too, looked at getting one in that color untill i realized... too much purple in it though under certain lights for any straight guy to feel good about driving around in the more i looked at it.

JC70SS
11-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey Tommy is that time stock?? We should run our cars against eachother. I am thinking GXP, but the fvuckers @ Brookfield Pontiac are a little out of sight on the price.

Prince Valiant
11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey Tommy is that time stock?? We should run our cars against eachother. I am thinking GXP, but the fvuckers @ Brookfield Pontiac are a little out of sight on the price.
not sure...but I think that's with some tunning, right tom?

BAD LS1
11-03-2006, 04:35 PM
With a intake, and off road down pipe (no cat or U bend) mated to the stock exhaust. Tuning was really done to the tranny, firmness and shift points. The motor actually had a pretty decent tune up stock, didnt have much wiggle room.

Removed the driver side head light, raised rear tire psi to 45, lowered fronts to 25. I made a personal best pass in it at 13.78@ 101 2.1 60'

The GF drove it to a 13.69@102 2.0 60' Fastest stock GXP on record is 13.6@ 103, just the head light out was it.

FourEyedFord
11-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Hey Tom, I was just wondering why you didn't bring the Camaro to KOTH?

BAD LS1
11-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey Tom, I was just wondering why you didn't bring the Camaro to KOTH?

Lol see drag racing thread for explanation. It made it through the year in one piece, im thankful no more money has to be dumped into it.

Besides all you guys are like 3/4 a second faster anyway... Not a snowballs chance of winning unless someone broke, which is not a cool way to win a race.