PDA

View Full Version : State football tourney...

Prince Valiant
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
This is my favorite time of year...the wiaa state football tourney is in it's quaterfinals, and we (greendale HS) are still here. (I am their athletic trainer)

For those that don't follow HS football, we were a high pick in the early part of the year, but lost to a higher division school in our first game to waukesha west (who would beat defending state champs wisco a week later).

Since then, we haven't lost a game, even beating the #5 ranked team in IL, on their field, and they are 500 students larger than us...for whatever reason though, despite the record, we weren't even close to being ranked until the last week of the season...now we are number 5 last I saw.

This will be a tough game against madison edgewood this saturday though.

our strong suit is our d though...a little highlight from last year d though, and this year, we are only better

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6821419711212111561

great vid put together by one of the dads here :thumbsup

moels
11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
That is a great video! Greendale has had a great youth program for as long as I can remember. Looks like they have a very good team this year. My Port Washington Pirates lost on Saturday to Kewaskum in Div.3. A game they dominated but made way too many mental errors with penalties and such. It was a little heartwrenching to see them lose like that. 10 - 6 and we had the ball on their 2 yrd. line with 30 seconds left. Thought we had it won when our right tackle jumped. Couldn't punch it in after that.

VroomPshhTsi
11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
That's awesome!! I'm from New Berlin West (won basketball division 2 title my freshman year) but we haven't done anything special in sports since then. What time and where are the games? I'm in Madison and would love to go to the HS football games here at Camp Randall. I'll be front row in the student section for the Badger game against Penn State this saturday :headbang

Prince Valiant
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
My Port Washington Pirates lost on Saturday to Kewaskum in Div.3. Heh, I'm a port 1992 grad. Sad to see it too...Port should have won coming from such a tough conference. But it's good to see Port Football coming back as strong as it is...

Prince Valiant
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
What time and where are the games? I'm in Madison and would love to go to the HS football games here at Camp Randall.

The games will be played at camp randall will be in two weeks on the thursday, friday, not sure about saturday...

our game will be here in greendale on sat at 4pm.

NBW had a great year for them this year...huge turnaround from last :thumbsup

VroomPshhTsi
11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Good luck with your games, if you guys make it to state let me know and I'll buy you a beer while you're here in Madison.

moels
11-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Heh, I'm a port 1992 grad. Sad to see it too...Port should have won coming from such a tough conference. But it's good to see Port Football coming back as strong as it is...

I graduated in '89 I was the QB my senior year. Curious if I know you.