PDA

View Full Version : 06 Buck Contest

73Dustr
10-31-2006, 10:42 PM
It seems there are a decent amount of hunters on the board so I was wondering if maybe you guys would be interested in some sort of big buck contest. It could just be for fun or maybe even some type of contest so everyone could post pics up of this years gun season. I think someone may have set something up last year like this, I can't remember. What do you guys think? Suggestions?

Korndogg
10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Sounds good to me.

PureSound15
10-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Works for me! kelly and I walked right past the biggest buck I have ever seen the other day. Non-typical LONG brow tines HUGE palms on the top, and a fork coming out next to one of the brows, a down tine on one side. Maybe 30 yards away and didn't flinch when he saw us.

UWGB being a conservatory, we see deer every day, and some of the bucks that the bow hunters (special season) took out of here last year were massive 12 pointers, and one other non-typical.

I'll take a picture if I get something good when I hunt in Baraboo.

Cryptic
11-01-2006, 12:22 AM
http://www.crypticvault.com/albums/random/Picture_026.sized.jpg

PureSound15
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
:thumbsup Very nice Andy! Whats the spread?

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 01:43 AM
Nice buck. Sadly, the largest one I've ever gotten was only a buck given his genital characteristics. Last year, I had one come through and at first thought he had broken off one side, but then realized it was about a 15" tall fork. Weirdest looking thing I have ever seen before. Looked like he just had two sticks on his head. Not a very wide spread, but very tall.

theavenger333
11-01-2006, 07:14 AM
maybe just biggest deer in weight otherwise? with earn-a-buck and such some might not even get a shot at one. i'll be shooting the first decent size deer that walks by, the freezer is very low

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
maybe just biggest deer in weight otherwise? with earn-a-buck and such some might not even get a shot at one. i'll be shooting the first decent size deer that walks by, the freezer is very low

I see where you are coming from with the EAB and everything. Most my hunting will be EAB this year as well and I passed up a couple baldies last year so I didn't pre-qualify. With weight though, that isn't the easiest to determine looking at a picture. Plus, I'm sure many people don't have access to decent scales to weigh them on. Obviously guys would be more than welcome to post up pics, but I think it would be somewhat difficult to have judge anterless. Just my .02.

t_a_crazy121
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
well does it matter if the deer has been shot with a bow. after my first deer 2 weeks ago i went back up this last weekend and missed a big 10 pointer right before shoooting light ended. im probably gunna go back up this weekend to try and pull him out

DirtyMax
11-01-2006, 02:17 PM
If I shoot both ten pointers that are running around my land, do I get to sign in for a 20 pointer? :goof

By the way, I'm down.

DirtyMax
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I win:

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4083&d=1162415060

J/K.., that isn't my buck. But it was shot in WI this archery season... :wooo

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
well does it matter if the deer has been shot with a bow. after my first deer 2 weeks ago i went back up this last weekend and missed a big 10 pointer right before shoooting light ended. im probably gunna go back up this weekend to try and pull him out

I was thinking of the gun season just because it's much shorter. Maybe we could just do two classes: Gun and Bow. Then everyone can get involved. How about that?

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 03:19 PM
If I shoot both ten pointers that are running around my land, do I get to sign in for a 20 pointer? :goof

By the way, I'm down.

If you want, but you still aren't going to beat me because I'm gonna shoot da tirty pointer!:banana1: