A Benelli SuperSport :banana1:

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/images/superSportFeature.jpg

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/large/superSportCTSynthetic.jpg

Bart H
10-31-2006, 01:26 PM
whatcha gonna shoot with it?

Cryptic
10-31-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm going trap shooting tonight at Southeast Rod and Gun (Mukwonago/East Troy area)

But I pheasant hunt with a buddy of mine about 3 times a year.

My Winchester took a crap on my years ago. The action wore out and seen a gunsmith 3 times, and has been decommissioned. :goof

This should be the last 12 ga I have to buy.

UnderPSI
10-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh, now that is nice! :wow

theavenger333
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Benelli is a quality unit. only problem is glare on the Carbon fiber....

UnderPSI
10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
That and not extracting the shells with light loads. Keep it clean and there should be no problems. The only people that I heard having problems were trap shooters, but it is nothing for some of them to shoot hundreds of shells at an event so one shell not extracting is not a big deal. Never heard of any hunters having problems with the big phesant loads. Let me know how you like it. :thumbsup

t_a_crazy121
10-31-2006, 02:54 PM
that is a beautiful gun, i gotta start getting to the trap range so that i can start myself on some bird hunting of any kind:goof , but yeah kick a** gun you got there:headbang

73Dustr
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Benelli is a quality unit. only problem is glare on the Carbon fiber....

Yea, but glare really isn't a huge issue for upland game hunting. Waterfowl, then that could become an issue. Definitely a nice shotgun though.

Cryptic
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
pretty much just trap and pheasant for me... I havent done much waterfoul hunting at all.

Cjburn
10-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice gun.
Kind of off topic here, but does anyone know of a reputable gun shop around here that has good prices on new/used rifle? Or maybe someone wants to sell one? Preferably looking for a bolt action (Remington, Winchester, Tikka)30-06 for deer hunting.

DirtyMax
10-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Nice Benelli!! Those things shoot so awesome!

Cjburn - If you're in the market for a bolt action, look into the Savage rifles. Hands down the most accurate shooting bolt action rifles out there in the "affordable" catagory. You can try Badger on 43rd and Lincoln. Otherwise Gander always has used rifles for sale.

blackhorse
10-31-2006, 05:58 PM
When i seen this post all i could think of is napolian saying a fricken 12 Gage what do you think

theavenger333
10-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Pheasant hunting i think it would definatly make a difference regarding the glare, sunlight tinting off of it. depends on what kind you're doing i guess. as for a bolt, yes, Savage is a nice rifle. otherwise old reliable Remington and Winchester do fine. personally, i use a Marlin lever, and a Remington 30-06 semi.

73Dustr
10-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Pheasant hunting i think it would definatly make a difference regarding the glare, sunlight tinting off of it. depends on what kind you're doing i guess. as for a bolt, yes, Savage is a nice rifle. otherwise old reliable Remington and Winchester do fine. personally, i use a Marlin lever, and a Remington 30-06 semi.

Yeah, I guess it depends what type of land your hunting. As far as a bolt action goes, if you're looking for nice gun at a nice price, look into the Weatherby Vanguards. Very accurate guns and the price is great for a Weatherby (base models start at $399 I think). I know every guy is partial to a certain caliber, but if you are getting a new gun, have you looked into getting a short mag at all? In my experiences, I think Sportsmans Warehouse is a great place to buy new firearms from. When I was shopping around, they seemed to be a good $50-$75 cheaper than Gander.

Cryptic
11-01-2006, 12:06 AM
All this talk about 12 gauge accuracy??? It's all familiarity with your own gun. Whether its pump, auto, break, over-under, etc... I think 99% all the same with shotguns.

Weight, action mechanics, recoil suppression, reliabilty, ergonomics...
Accuracy is a direct result of these things (plus practice).

I can hit a bird with a Remington and I can miss with a Benelli. That doesnt mean that one is more accurate than the other. It means I know how my gun shoots.

Pheasants/gross/quail could give a rats ass about gun glare in my experience and I really dont think it would be an issue with the gun. Its not that bling blingy.

----

Of that subject, one of the guys shooting with us had a Remington that had a sticky firing pin issue. He had the gun broke down to troubleshoot the issue and my first observation was all the rediculous amount of parts compared to the Benelli. The Benelli breaks down into just a few solid pieces effortlessly. The action can be effortlessly operated with one hand. (not like some that feel like it will take off your finger when you close the action)

I had a great first experience shooting this gun for the first time tonight and so far was pretty happy with the purchase.

The gun came complete with 5 CrioChokes, drop and cast shims, hard case, oil, and the ported 30" barrel. The pictures do it no justice. "Must see to appreciate" :goof

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 01:38 AM
All this talk about 12 gauge accuracy??? It's all familiarity with your own gun. Whether its pump, auto, break, over-under, etc... I think 99% all the same with shotguns.

Weight, action mechanics, recoil suppression, reliabilty, ergonomics...
Accuracy is a direct result of these things (plus practice).

I can hit a bird with a Remington and I can miss with a Benelli. That doesnt mean that one is more accurate than the other. It means I know how my gun shoots.

Pheasants/gross/quail could give a rats ass about gun glare in my experience and I really dont think it would be an issue with the gun. Its not that bling blingy.

----

Of that subject, one of the guys shooting with us had a Remington that had a sticky firing pin issue. He had the gun broke down to troubleshoot the issue and my first observation was all the rediculous amount of parts compared to the Benelli. The Benelli breaks down into just a few solid pieces effortlessly. The action can be effortlessly operated with one hand. (not like some that feel like it will take off your finger when you close the action)

I had a great first experience shooting this gun for the first time tonight and so far was pretty happy with the purchase.

The gun came complete with 5 CrioChokes, drop and cast shims, hard case, oil, and the ported 30" barrel. The pictures do it no justice. "Must see to appreciate" :goof

I think you maybe misread the posts? The guys were discussing rifle accuracy because Cjburn kind of hijacked the thread a little bit and asked about rifles. I agree with you, there really is no accuracy issue with shotguns. Yea, you need to know how each gun/choke/shot combinations pattern, but there really is no accuracy when shooting bird shot. I agree with you 110% with the glare issue and upland game hunting. Their in brush and grass and usually don't see you and fly up until you are within shooting range anyways.

It's good to hear you like your new toy. How easy is it to adjust the drop and cast shims? Is it at 3.5" chamber? I'm pretty sure I saw one of these at the NRA show this past spring. Sure are nice looking shotguns and they seem to be well balanced and draw up real nice.

Cryptic
11-01-2006, 08:59 AM
No just 2.75" and 3"... I wasnt too concerned with 3.5", although it should be able to for the money :fire

Brandon W.
11-01-2006, 09:14 AM
you guys are lame...you gotta use Turkey load for pheasant.

Cryptic
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
.... :durr

DirtyMax
11-01-2006, 02:28 PM
3.5" Turkey loads are the shizzle. That's what's in the gauge at home. Some poor bastard tries breaking into my shit he's going to be gobbling alright...

73Dustr
11-01-2006, 02:55 PM
3.5" Turkey loads are the shizzle. That's what's in the gauge at home. Some poor bastard tries breaking into my shit he's going to be gobbling alright...

:rolf :rolf 3.5" Dead Coyote Loads are pretty tough too. Either way, I wouldn't want to mess with a 12 gauge.