PDA

View Full Version : 99 Burb big block hi-perf upgrades?

Rontiac
10-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey folks, newbie here.
I'm more of an old school guy, but I'd like to get more performance out of my burb. It's a 1999 Burban with the 454 and 4.10 gears with 3" dual exhaust.

-I know I can either get a programmer or chip, which one is better?
-What other upgrades should I do as a package to compliment?
-Where's the best place to purchase everything?

Many other Q's, but you get the idea. I just want to get the most for my money.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!:thumbsup

Ron M.

Prince Valiant
10-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I'd probably go with a cold air intake system, true headers, and some high-flow cat's to go with the 3 inch duals you've got. As far as programer vs. chip, I'd probably go with a programer so that you can customize a little, and go back to stock when the need arise...a chip will certainly mean that you'll always have to run premium gas, which at the rate that454 consumes, could be costly.

May want to look at ignition upgrades as well for bigger spark...modern engines do pretty well vs the old school stuff as far as ignition output is concerned, but they offer upgrades for the new stuff for a reason.

If you wanted to do even more, certainly there are vendors selling upgraded intake manifolds, and computer compatible camshafts that'll really help upgrade th power potential, and even the torque substatially...without too much penalty to driveability or even fuel mileage...just the cost and work involved can be higher than most want to spend.

Start looking in the basic sources, like summit/jegs/etc. Can also shop around the net to various internet post boards specifically for the 'burban or larger tow vehicles to.

bobo
10-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Put a dmax in it!

b18cef
10-28-2006, 10:25 PM
This might help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKIHxTMNDs

Brandon W.
10-29-2006, 04:28 PM
This might help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdKIHxTMNDs

big talk from somebody with 9 posts and neg rep:loser

junk mx6 no rly
10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
big talk from somebody with 9 posts and neg rep:loser

the sad part is thats almost your age.:rolf :rolf :rolf

junk mx6 no rly
10-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Hey folks, newbie here.
I'm more of an old school guy, but I'd like to get more performance out of my burb. It's a 1999 Burban with the 454 and 4.10 gears with 3" dual exhaust.

-I know I can either get a programmer or chip, which one is better?
-What other upgrades should I do as a package to compliment?
-Where's the best place to purchase everything?

Many other Q's, but you get the idea. I just want to get the most for my money.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!:thumbsup

Ron M.

my friend was looking at hte whipple blowers for his 03 rado b4 it burned down to the ground.:alcoholic

BAD LS1
11-01-2006, 01:57 PM
my friend was looking at hte whipple blowers for his 03 rado b4 it burned down to the ground.:alcoholic

Guess you guys wont be smokin dope in anymore of his vehicles heh?

How do you explain that to the inusrance co? " I dropped my wicked fat doobie between the seats, and we stopped at wally world to get some munchies and a couple pizza's and we came back out and where like whoaaaaaa the "rado" is on fire!" :rolf

Slow Joe
11-03-2006, 10:55 AM

How do you explain that to the inusrance co? " I dropped my wicked fat doobie between the seats, and we stopped at wally world to get some munchies and a couple pizza's and we came back out and where like whoaaaaaa the "rado" is on fire!" :rolf

:rolf :rolf That's fuggin hilarious...

junk mx6 no rly
11-04-2006, 10:44 PM

actually kfed the insurance said it was cuz a faulty battery.:alcoholic