PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable upper control arms......

Car Guy
10-25-2006, 12:31 PM
:banana1: :banana1: :banana1: (First time posting in the Sport, Compact, & Import Forum!!!) :banana :banana :banana

I was thinking about putting adjustable upper control arms on a 95' 4-door Civic (it's mainly a daily driver). But first I'm looking for some real world advice on how reliable these are compared to factory, how do they hold up to re-adjustment(s), and so forth. I was looking at the cheaper ones on eBay and I'd to like to know also how well (or not) they are built compared to the more $$$ ones.........

Thanks~!

TopStreetDsm
10-25-2006, 12:55 PM
How much adjustment do you need? It its only a small amount, I know Marty @ Big Bear Tire has replacement upper ball joints that are adjustable. They only give you a degree or two though.

Im not sure which ebay ones you were looking at, but I would try and stay away from the stamped sheet metal ones with the small allen head lock bolts.

My 2 Cents!

Jake

TURTLE
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
marty does good work... and i'm with jake on the crappy stamped ones...

whitehatch
10-25-2006, 03:22 PM
skunk 2:thumbsup

Car Guy
10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm going to try and figure out how much degree I need, I'll let you know what I find......

Car Guy
10-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Well my plan is on hold right now(only for a few days), but there are really only two brands I could find. The more popular one is Skunk2 and the other one is Tsudo, how are these two constucted and/or what is the big difference between them. I can't get anyone to send me a picture of the actual item that I'd be geting, the ones they show in the pictures are just file photos.....:confused