PDA

View Full Version : Who's the X-pert on chroming wheels.....???

Car Guy
10-22-2006, 10:44 AM
I have a set of wheels I would like to get chromed, however I have no clue on how the chroming process works and if there's a better way to do it or not. I'm not looking to do this myself but seeing other wheels that have been chromed before (professionally) scares me. Mainly because they just don't seem to hold up, and the wheels I want to get chromed are unfortunately going to see some salt, not everyday but some.....

If you have dealt with chroming wheels before and could lend some advice I would appreciate it. I'm not afraid to spend the money but I want something that will last and look good.......

Thanks~!

GRAMPS SS
10-22-2006, 02:13 PM
the problem is where are you going to go...from what i know, which at times is not that much, you have a choice of two chromers here in milwaukee....one takes for ever(excalaber) and one more i can get the name ...i guy i know had all his t-bucket stuff chromed there.....i can find out tonight of late tomorrow...i'll pm you with the info....they did a great job on his parts, so i don't see a problem with giving them wheels to do

Car Guy
10-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Don't know if this will make a difference but they are alloy wheels.....

loud91rs
10-22-2006, 05:40 PM
XXX chrome plating does good work. They are in the shorewood area I believe.