PDA

View Full Version : Any computer guys here ? Need help !

DynoTom
10-19-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to make some video clips of Boss , Bobbie and Sam doing some burners at Skeeters party!

My damn video maker program does not seem to be able to find my Sony Digital camera?

It will find the camera under "analog camera" and the program will do everything it's suppost to do but, the picture quality sucks....

I did find out that I need to hook up my digital vid camera into a IEEE 1394 port?

How do I find how to hook into a IEEE 1394 port so I can get these vids clear ????

Myles
10-19-2006, 01:52 PM
you need a firewire card or a port that was built onto your motherboard. you then need a firewire cable.

what program are you using.

DynoTom
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM
MAGIX MOVIE Edit Pro 11 is the program I use.....it does the exact same thing when I try Windows Movie Maker though......Is that Firewire thing easy to do?

Thanks for the help on fixing this.....:headbang

Myles
10-19-2006, 01:59 PM
look at the back of your computer, you are looking for a port that has 1394 under it or around it. it might also have a circle with 3 dashes surounding it. that is your firewire port. if you dont have one you need to get a firewire card and install it. its not that hard but i would suggest a friend who knows how to do that kind of thing do it for you if you are timid about going into the computer.

you then get the firewire cable. you will need one with the small end (which is sonys version) and the larger end which was the norm for firewire.

DynoTom
10-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I just looked on the back and I don't have any connection like that.....I will have to get that FireWire thing you talked about......At least now I know how to get these working though....Thanks for the help again !:banana1:

What's a good place to buy the stuff I need and what do I ask for?

Myles
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
any store like best buy or milwaukee pc. just ask for a firewire card, and cable. bring your camera so you can make sure the one end fits in there.

DynoTom
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
any store like best buy or milwaukee pc. just ask for a firewire card, and cable. bring your camera so you can make sure the one end fits in there.

OK thanks, I will go up to milwaukee pc and get the stuff.......:banana1: