PDA

View Full Version : Another Stolen Honda

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 10:30 AM
My car was stolen last night right next to my bedroom window in Franklin. My White 1999 Boosted single cam. If anyone comes across some of these parts in the next few days or see the car, please let me know, authorities have already been notified but I dont think they will take very much into consideration as far as aftermarket parts and what not, they just look at it as another normal car stolen.

Engine mods:
-Built d16y8 block, SRP pistons .020 over 9.0-1 comp. ratio, eagle rods, all new oem gaskets and seals, oem bearings, new timing belt (10,000 miles on belt and motor)
-Port and polished stock y8 head milled .030, stock cam, stock springs, valves and retainers, stock cam gear. OEM head gasket
-ARP head studs
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator w/ gauge
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Stock y8 intake manifold
-Custom 3" test pipe
-14" stainless 3" resonator
-Kteller 3" cat back exhaust with Magnaflow turbo muffler

Turbo set up:
-Precision sc50 dual ball bearing turbo .48a/r (oil and water)
-Aeroquip AN fittings for turbo feed and return lines
-Stainless oil feed and return lines
-LoveFab mini-me a/c compatible manifold
-LoveFab 2.5inch flared to 3inch downpipe to clear the a/c compressor
-LoveFab dump tube exiting under oil pan
-Custom 2.5inch intercooler piping
-Precision Intercooler, rated at 320hp i believe
-Precision 525cc injectors
-Black Tial BOV
-Black Tial Wastegate
-GM 3bar map sensor

Drivetrain:
-ACT Xtreme Pressure plate
-ACT 6 puck sprung clutch disk
-New throw out bearing and pilot bearing
-Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
-Stock axles
-B&M dual bend short shifter
-Stock SI leather wrapped shift knob

Suspension:
-Jackson Racing lowering springs 1.5in drop
-Stock struts

Wheels/Tires:
-SI 15" wheels
-205/50/15 Goodyear Eagle HR's, bought in April, approx, 8,000 miles. Lots and lots of tread left.

Tuning/Electronics:
-PLX m-300 wideband, hooked up to ecu to read a/f all times
-P28 chipped ecu street tuned with Crome by me
-Datalogging cable
-Moates chip burner
-Carbon Fiber boost gauge
-Greddy turbo timer

I'm not going to start pointing fingers, but all these cars end up on the South Side anyways and so many parts show up in the same shop. Its getting a little old, and its just plain pathetic. These theives are going to get what they deserve pretty soon.

I hope if anyone sees these parts for sale that it throws up a red flag.

FASTZ2895
10-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Sorry to here your car was stolen. When I park my car I disconnect the battery. This way they just can't drive away. I will keep a look out here on the northside. I hope you find your car.:(

My car was stolen last night right next to my bedroom window in Franklin. My White 1999 Boosted single cam. If anyone comes across some of these parts in the next few days or see the car, please let me know, authorities have already been notified but I dont think they will take very much into consideration as far as aftermarket parts and what not, they just look at it as another normal car stolen.

Engine mods:
-Built d16y8 block, SRP pistons .020 over 9.0-1 comp. ratio, eagle rods, all new oem gaskets and seals, oem bearings, new timing belt (10,000 miles on belt and motor)
-Port and polished stock y8 head milled .030, stock cam, stock springs, valves and retainers, stock cam gear. OEM head gasket
-ARP head studs
-Adjustable fuel pressure regulator w/ gauge
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Stock y8 intake manifold
-Custom 3" test pipe
-14" stainless 3" resonator
-Kteller 3" cat back exhaust with Magnaflow turbo muffler

Turbo set up:
-Precision sc50 dual ball bearing turbo .48a/r (oil and water)
-Aeroquip AN fittings for turbo feed and return lines
-Stainless oil feed and return lines
-LoveFab mini-me a/c compatible manifold
-LoveFab 2.5inch flared to 3inch downpipe to clear the a/c compressor
-LoveFab dump tube exiting under oil pan
-Custom 2.5inch intercooler piping
-Precision Intercooler, rated at 320hp i believe
-Precision 525cc injectors
-Black Tial BOV
-Black Tial Wastegate
-GM 3bar map sensor

Drivetrain:
-ACT Xtreme Pressure plate
-ACT 6 puck sprung clutch disk
-New throw out bearing and pilot bearing
-Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
-Stock axles
-B&M dual bend short shifter
-Stock SI leather wrapped shift knob

Suspension:
-Jackson Racing lowering springs 1.5in drop
-Stock struts

Wheels/Tires:
-SI 15" wheels
-205/50/15 Goodyear Eagle HR's, bought in April, approx, 8,000 miles. Lots and lots of tread left.

Tuning/Electronics:
-PLX m-300 wideband, hooked up to ecu to read a/f all times
-P28 chipped ecu street tuned with Crome by me
-Datalogging cable
-Moates chip burner
-Carbon Fiber boost gauge
-Greddy turbo timer

I'm not going to start pointing fingers, but all these cars end up on the South Side anyways and so many parts show up in the same shop. Its getting a little old, and its just plain pathetic. These theives are going to get what they deserve pretty soon.

I hope if anyone sees these parts for sale that it throws up a red flag.

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 10:36 AM
thanks i appreciate it. hopefully something turns up

whitehatch
10-19-2006, 12:19 PM
damn man that sucks, i think ive seen the car around before, did you work at braeger i think ive talked to you a few times.

juicedimpss
10-19-2006, 12:21 PM
wouldnt a pic be more effective than a for sale list?

Nix
10-19-2006, 12:27 PM
wouldnt a pic be more effective than a for sale list?

?? For sale list? There is another Thread about this same car I believe in the general chat section from his buddy.

juicedimpss
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
?? For sale list? There is another Thread about this same car I believe in the general chat section from his buddy.
im referring to the listed mods,almost like the car is for sale.
most people are not likely going to see the JE pistons driving down the street.

UnderPSI
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
Maybe he has stickers all over it?

Flicktitty
10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
that ******* sucks man! my buddy's hatch was just stolen on Sunday from gurnee mills. i have a topic about it in the "general chat" asking if anyone know's this guy. you might want to take a run up by him!

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM
damn man that sucks, i think ive seen the car around before, did you work at braeger i think ive talked to you a few times.

Yea I used to work there, I work at a different shop now.

And as far as a "For Sale" list, I put everythign up there due to the fact that car is not going to stay together for very much longer, for all I know its already down to nothing. If someone were to drive that around, someone would say something and then they would be busted. I didn't nickel and dime myself when piecing my car together, some of those things are not cheap and are pretty much top of the line. If the turbo and manifold/downpipe/dumptube, the electronics, the built motor, and all the other stuff starts popping up for sale, then we can at least catch the pieces of sh*t before they do it again and again and agian.

No its a fairly low key looking car. Stock SI wing, SI wheels, intercooler can easily be see through the cutout grill, and a 3" turbo exhaust. That would be it.

Yea a friend of mine posted it up on some sites, I put it on Honda-Tech, Turbod16, and here so far. I'd really hope to get some kind of a lead, but not all of us can be that lucky.

juicedimpss
10-19-2006, 01:07 PM
ok,for some of us who are import challenged....what the hel do those wheels etc look like?
just trying to help,a pic is pretty easy to post.

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 01:12 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1752962

the first car, the blue civic. those wheels.

bearsek
10-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your car tom, I sure parts will end up at a shop by miller park.

juicedimpss
10-19-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1752962

the first car, the blue civic. those wheels.
didnt you post that your car was white?:confused

bearsek
10-19-2006, 01:51 PM
didnt you post that your car was white?:confused
He meant just the wheels to give you an idea what SI wheels look like.

JDMbeee16
10-19-2006, 02:50 PM
hey man srry to hear about ur car bro and im sure mike is right about the shop by miller park

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
The picture was just to show the wheels, but yea, my car is posted in Honda-tech and Turbod16, just a plain looking Civic Ex with SI wheels, and an intercooler poking out the front grille. Its really unfair to us that work for what we love to do and have in life, and some people just dont care. Unfortunate.

EVIL AWD
10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Man, I swear for years it has just been one Honda stolen after another. I think all thieves should be killed. :mad:

1loudrex
10-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Ill watch out for it out by me.

awsomeears
10-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Whats really sad in those pictures is always seeing 4 skinny spares on them. Stocking up on spares to steal cars is horrible.

MrBigShot
10-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I bet money that the thing is down in Chicago allready striped .

TopStreetDsm
10-21-2006, 12:33 AM
I see 2 closed threads in the near future....:argue

sohcex20
10-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Got a call from the police this morning, they found the car with no wheels, no engine, no exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff missing around 10th street downtown I believe. I wonder if that is where they just ditch the car, or if thats right where they strip it down?? Either way, its stripped, and I hope insurance doesn't want to fix it.

bearsek
10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Thats what i thought, again sorry to hear that tom, 99% of the time if they can't start it it won't get stolen.

Al
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
Are they putting these things in neutral and pushing them down the street before starting/towing them?

rally_scort
10-22-2006, 10:57 PM
i think they push em down the street and tow em.I heard a story of a kid in milwaukee who had his acura stolen from a parking complex.He went to the car to get his ciggerettes and went back to the party.5 min later he came back out to leave and his car was gone.The ****ed up part is that he had the alarm with the pager feature to tell when your doors are locked,unlocked,etc.His pager still said the doors were locked and there was no broken glass where his car was parked.I think they just use a towdolly,flatbed,enclosed trailer,etc to get the cars.

TopStreetDsm
10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
they pry the window back and crack the steering wheel. Then they pull the collum plastic back and start the car. Drive it away.

I had a car they would have taken if it had a motor in it.

TopStreetDsm
10-22-2006, 11:13 PM
These bastards will slip and get caught. Just wait to see how many people will be looking for blood by the time it happens.

rally_scort
10-22-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah i love how they think they wont get caught but just wait till they do.Once one gets caught i guarantee the rest will fall with em.For as many hondas stolen over a long period of time i dont think they will see daylight ever again and thats gunna be great to see the stupid asses try and get outta it.

sohcex20
10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Oh how i can't wait until that day comes. I looked at a map at where it was recovered, they probably took a straight shot down Forest Home from my apt. to the 10th and Lapham area.

They will get caught, its only a matter of time. They will make their move, and the owner, or someone around will see this going on, and hopefully its the end, or the beginning of the end for all these vehicles being stolen. :flipoff2: to theives, what goes around comes around co(k suckers

wikked
10-23-2006, 09:28 AM
eh, for every 3 that go down, there's another 10 getting started.
The ones that go down will get a slap on the wrist, and back on the streets to continue where they left off.
It's a lose-lose.
When can we start cutting hands off for thefts?

floaters
10-23-2006, 09:56 AM
so the cops not even bother to fingerprint these cars ? or do they just suppose they were all wearing gloves ? cause these people probably have records ? ?

TopStreetDsm
10-23-2006, 11:56 AM
When can we start cutting hands off for thefts?

I didnt say anything about them being caught by the cops! :shades

"Eye for an Eye" is the way I look at it. We love our cars that we work on, and stick money & time into.... They love not having a shotgun shell in their faces.....

I would say at that point we are just about even.

Nix
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
Atleast it was recovered and you now have an idea of what happened to it. So do you get the shell or what happenes to it?

sohcex20
10-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Well I just spoke to the adjuster again, someone from the insurance company is going to get the car, determine how much I get for it, and thats about it. I haven't even seen it yet. There are no wheels, engine, turbo parts, exhaust and some interior in it. I personally don't want it back, I'd rather call it a loss and move onto something bigger and better.

And like I said before, someone is going to catch them in the act and take it into their own hands depending on how crazy they are, there just might be some blood shed. I know plenty of people like that, and they way they value their cars, it gets quite personal, but im sure just about anyone on here knows that since we all love our cars.

wikked
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
I've got "aftermarket equipment/modifications" covered on my insurance.
It's like $3/mo for $2,000 covered.
They also had much higher coverage for very little a month. (esurance)

Is that a normal option?
If so I've never been offered it anywhere.

sohcex20
10-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Well the thing is, I knew about that coverage, was just procrastinating, and not getting in contact with my agent, and now I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for it. I'm just hoping they will take into consideration my pictures and recipets and help me out a little.

1loudrex
10-23-2006, 07:32 PM
More times than not they wont help ya out. Insurance companes are a**holes about everything. Unless they somehow decide to be nice for once, all they will do is give you the money as if it were stock. You may get a little for like a head unit and maybe the wheels, but thats bout it. Thats just from experience, i dont know if its like that with all but thats how mine is.

Good luck with it, for your sake I hope that you do get a good chunk of money back, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

TheBlueSupra
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
Do not settle for anything less then what you want. the insurance company isnt just gonna give you it without you being a **** right back to them. trust me on this.

bearsek
10-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Most of the time they have keys, a guy was caught in kenosha(or something) with over 75 keys with VIN codes attached. Makes you wonder, cover your VIN codes and Don't let it start for theives.

sohcex20
10-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I didn't really even think about that to begin with. I mean, where I work, you have to have proof of ownership, and some other stuff just to get a key made. Didn't realize it was that easy at Honda Dealerships, or do they take them to True-Value or someplace like that?

TheBlueSupra
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
the dealerships around here dont ask for proof of ownership

sohcex20
10-24-2006, 05:19 PM
When I worked at Braeger, ownership was a must, otherwise no dice. Same thing where I work now. That should just be mandatory anywhere, even at wal-mart or something. But its pretty much whatever now, the car is gone, parts are gone, now its the waiting game as to see who has my parts driving around Milwaukee now. Hopefully someone will slip up and will lead to someone getting busted.

wikked
10-27-2006, 09:08 AM
lordy :popcorn

Yooformula
10-27-2006, 10:03 AM
cars get stolen all the time, if you think you know who did it....CALL THE COPS. Keep the bs slinging off of our boards, or every person involved can get the *&$@ out.