PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER stolden civic

A B4C Z
10-19-2006, 09:45 AM
My buddie was selling his civic ex. White 99-00 sohc built motor persicion turbo some type of ram horn manifold custom downpipe to keep ac and a wide band built in. The car was stolen last night about 3am. He had it in his driveway at his apartment (franklin). The car is loud and usally he wakes up from alot of noises such as horns blah blah but did not hear is car start or leave. If any sees this type of stuff for sale let me know. Interior was all stock for the most part akak no aftermarket seats/dash wasnt painted had the lighter grey interior.

Kyle

b18cef
10-19-2006, 09:47 AM
good luck
this is why i'm selling mine

Car Guy
10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Any kind of exterior markings to look for, or anything else that would make it stand out........?

juicedimpss
10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
damn,those are turning up missing more than a g-body in the hood............

scary thing is they are turning up missing from decent neighborhoods.

Car Guy
10-19-2006, 09:50 AM
damn,those are turning up missing more than a g-body in the hood............

scary thing is they are turning up missing from decent neighborhoods.

Them thugs are getting smart.....:loser

jbiscuit
10-19-2006, 09:54 AM
yea you can't leave a Honda with mods parked outside for sure and if you park it in a garage, you need to keep the doors locked and throw a Club on it and park another car outside in front of the garage so they can't get it out. Stolen Hondas are a HUGE problem in our area right now. Theives have figured out that its REALLY easy to steal them so they make easy targets. The parts are easy to get rid of also. In most cases they just want the motor.

RanJer
10-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Them thugs are getting smart.....:loser

wow, never heard someone be called smart for stealin a honduh :goof

Good luck with finding it, hope it goes well. This is getting ridiculous.

PB86MCSS
10-19-2006, 10:45 AM
good luck
this is why i'm selling mine

I'd say your Malibu is about as likely to be stolen, unfortunately...

Keeping a nice g-body outside is a risky proposition too, also nice b-bodies I'm sure.

Hopefully its recovered soon...where are Honda's recovered usually? Southside hoods?

b18cef
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not Rob.
Yeah, soufside.
10-17th between National and Burnham or so.

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
yep thats my car. thanks kyle for posting that up. I have another post in the sport compact section here w/ the list of parts so when they might show up for sale on different forums. any help would be appreciated.

junk mx6 no rly
10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
funny thing is theres a rumor going around that someone that owns a shop is part of this,not gonna say who i hear its a member on here.

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Can you tell me at least? PM me or something. If it's who I was told it could possibly be, or thats a part of all this stealing.

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 01:32 PM
funny thing is theres a rumor going around that someone that owns a shop is part of this,not gonna say who i hear its a member on here.

yea right ..now your saying someone here is a theif and you know who, but won't say....why don't you just leave the site for a post like that....calling someone a theif is serious crap....if your wrong you could get someone in alot of crap.....do us a favor,,,,,,don't post your crap..because now everyone is going to wonder here who has a shop and is he the one.....i have a shop could it be me....leave the site.......

84hurst
10-19-2006, 01:56 PM

Yeah, that's a pretty serious accusation. If you know who it is, why not just tell the police? That would be pretty shitty if it was a fellow member but you can't just keep that a secret, man. Help out the rest of the guys on here that have had the're cars broken into or stolen!

junk mx6 no rly
10-19-2006, 02:57 PM
tell ya what ..i have a shop and it's in nomans land away from the city, and people here on the site know i have the shop...anything happens that they accuse me...............i'm not going to be a happy person...do us all a favor ..leave the site all you do is cause trouble....the main one being with STKMACH....or don'rt post anything because it's all crap anyways

pm from pro show

dude wtf i didnt say it was you i heard about and i didnt even know you owned a shop and stkmach plz im just ******* with him i dont know him like my brother but i talk to him about his car once when i see him.

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
tell ya what ..i have a shop and it's in nomans land away from the city, and people here on the site know i have the shop...anything happens that they accuse me...............i'm not going to be a happy person...do us all a favor ..leave the site all you do is cause trouble....the main one being with STKMACH....or don'rt post anything because it's all crap anyways

pm from pro show

dude wtf i didnt say it was you i heard about and i didnt even know you owned a shop and stkmach plz im just ******* with him i dont know him like my brother but i talk to him about his car once when i see him.

so you showed everyone my pm to you...i don't care you said someone with a shop ...i have a shop thats it you tool.............if you know who it is spill it out.

A B4C Z
10-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Something that could very very likely tell the car would be that the HONDA CITY decal was cleared over. AKA its under the clear coat. was on the driver side i think. So unless someone were to really take the time to sand the shit out of it and then re clear it over where the honda city badge was that could be a easy peice to make it stand out.

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 03:47 PM
i hope you and your friend finds the car...it's a pain ...we had a car stolen and they found it in the hood 3 days later....stripped to nothing and thats what we got from the insurence company....zip

Firefighter Z
10-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Check 6th and Rodgers on the South Side, thats where they found my Civic. You wanna check the dead end alleys and make sure you really check the end of the alleys.

That neighborhood is full of Ricers, but make sure you have a gun or something cause a white boy in that neighboorhood ='s 1 owned honky.

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Something that could very very likely tell the car would be that the HONDA CITY decal was cleared over. AKA its under the clear coat. was on the driver side i think. So unless someone were to really take the time to sand the shit out of it and then re clear it over where the honda city badge was that could be a easy peice to make it stand out.

Haha, thanks man, I forgot to add that in there. I told the cops that, but hell, they really wont do anything, I'm not expecting too much from them. I really don't know what else to do but wait. Snow is helping me out a little since he knows some guys over in West Allis that know of these kinds of things happening alot and if anything, I just want those **** smokers to be put away for once or get what they deserve.

Its just sad to see people who work hard for what they want, while others come and take it from under their nose. :flipoff2:

Berettaspeed
10-19-2006, 04:24 PM
thats sucks.. any car person to get their car stoeln is maybe one of the worst things to happen.. hope he gets it back with little or no lose. hopfully the idiots just went on a joy ride

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Check 6th and Rodgers on the South Side, thats where they found my Civic. You wanna check the dead end alleys and make sure you really check the end of the alleys.

That neighborhood is full of Ricers, but make sure you have a gun or something cause a white boy in that neighboorhood ='s 1 owned honky.

Oh I know, theres a place over off of 36th Street down by Greenfield Ave. that has Honda stuff all over. Motors, interior parts, everything. I cringe thinking of what my car looks like right now. I have spoke to a few people now that have no problem going down that way and taking a little look, they have done it before and said they will do it agian.

If only they knew who they took the car from, they sure wouldn't want me to find them alone in that alley w/o a gun. I'm not calling myself a thug or bad ass, but I'm not the skinny little nerd in shop class, I just wish I would have heard somethign last night, it wouldn't have been pretty. :punch:

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 04:30 PM
thats sucks.. any car person to get their car stoeln is maybe one of the worst things to happen.. hope he gets it back with little or no lose. hopfully the idiots just went on a joy ride

It really is one of the worst things. Just scary to know they probably could have been following me around and finding out when I come home, when I go to work, obviously where I live now. Even if they did go on a joy ride, I feel like I wouldn't want to keep it. Like I've been violated of my personal property. I baby that thing, and take extremely good care of it considering the cars I've grown up with, I would probably sell it right away.

tommyt5078
10-19-2006, 05:57 PM
yea right ..now your saying someone here is a theif and you know who, but won't say....why don't you just leave the site for a post like that....calling someone a theif is serious crap....if your wrong you could get someone in alot of crap.....do us a favor,,,,,,don't post your crap..because now everyone is going to wonder here who has a shop and is he the one.....i have a shop could it be me....leave the site.......

Yeah, that's a pretty serious accusation. If you know who it is, why not just tell the police? That would be pretty shitty if it was a fellow member but you can't just keep that a secret, man. Help out the rest of the guys on here that have had the're cars broken into or stolen!

You both need to read the post your bitching about, the guy didn't call anyone a thief and what did he accuse someone of, nothing! He was only talking about a rumor he heard! Read more post and you might understand what he is saying! I get it and I don't visit much!

SmokinRAM114
10-19-2006, 06:42 PM
ya i read it as he didnt wana spread the rumor like he was kinda askin if anyone else heard?

junk mx6 no rly
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
excalty the way i hear it is all they have to do is get your vin number,get that and get a key from honda dealership and boom you got yourself a free honda.myfriend told me his friend would put electrical tape over the vin on the inside of his car so they couldnt get his vin. thats why he sold the car too espically being that it has a itr swap i belive not really a honda guy.it was that blue hatch all motor that ran low 13's.

lets just me being a mazda guy im not gonna go try and steal a vw you know what i mean?

rally_scort
10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
ya i read it as he didnt wana spread the rumor like he was kinda askin if anyone else heard?

yeah well some people like to fly off the handle and hope others follow thier lead.He obviously didnt accuse anybody in particular otherwise im sure he would have posted a name or a good enough hint as to who it was.If it clears anything up, ive heard a rumor that Beeyond is the one involved with alot of honda thefts in the area.Ive heard it from people who used to hang out at their shop and also plenty of honda owners so its not something that should be taken like a joke.Take it for what its worth but i dont think you will find your stuff sittin outside.I hear they send it outta state and it gets sold little by little unless its something they need for themselves.Ive also heard of turbos at their shop with numbers filed off but like every other rumor i dont have proof and obviosly nobody else does or they would have no kneecaps.I hope you find out who did this shit to your car along with anybody else who got their car stolen.Its obviously somebody who knows hondas and has plenty of knowledge with em to be able to steal them so easily and quickly.Ill keep a look out but i dont plan on seeing anything.Good luck and like i stated above this is all rumors ive heard so im not directly accusing because there is no proof so i dont need to have 30 pms from people with a poor attitude with my opinions.

Firefighter Z
10-19-2006, 07:47 PM
isnt blocking out vin tags illegal in Wisconsin

rally_scort
10-19-2006, 07:59 PM

no when the car was parked or at GLD he put electrical tape over the vin so nobody could take the vin down when he wasnt in the car.He didnt drive the car with it covered.

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 08:03 PM
You both need to read the post your bitching about, the guy didn't call anyone a thief and what did he accuse someone of, nothing! He was only talking about a rumor he heard! Read more post and you might understand what he is saying! I get it and I don't visit much!

i will be the first to say i'm wrong...what i read was....not gonna say who i hear, its a member here....so i thought it was a member here.....so i was wrong...i admit it.......but he could write just a tad better also not like i didn't grad from collage

rally_scort
10-19-2006, 08:07 PM
i will be the first to say i'm wrong...what i read was....not gonna say who i hear, its a member here....so i thought it was a member here.....so i was wrong...i admit it.......but he could write just a tad better also not like i didn't grad from collage

collage or college?:goof

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 08:10 PM

yes it must be..i got pulled over for speeding...and they went to write the vin down and i had it blocked...he told me to remove it or get another ticket...so it must be illegal to block it.............still got the speeding ticket...damm shorewood

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
collage or college?:goof

the spelling police....excuse me for hitting the wrong key...but you must be perfect:thumbsup

SSDude
10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Getting you ride stolen sucks. I had 3 G-body cars taken over five years. Two Monte SS's and a Regal. It's better if you don't get it back because its usually trashed and you would never trust it to run like before it was taken.
Hope you got insurance. Play hard with the insurance adjuster's . Do your homework, Find the cleanest comparable replacement cars for sale with the highest retail values to make your case to fight for a fair settlement with them. If you have pictures of the car get them enlarged to show what you had and insist you want replacement value! Remember though nonstock equiptment may not be covered.
Good Luck
SSDude

sohcex20
10-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Getting you ride stolen sucks. I had 3 G-body cars taken over five years. Two Monte SS's and a Regal. It's better if you don't get it back because its usually trashed and you would never trust it to run like before it was taken.
Hope you got insurance. Play hard with the insurance adjuster's . Do your homework, Find the cleanest comparable replacement cars for sale with the highest retail values to make your case to fight for a fair settlement with them. If you have pictures of the car get them enlarged to show what you had and insist you want replacement value! Remember though nonstock equiptment may not be covered.
Good Luck
SSDude

I have insurance, and I'm not too worried about getting what I deserve for it. I just found my reciepts for most of the stuff I have on the car, and I have good pics such as the ones from earlier in this thread or the other one in the import section, but I have many more too. Thanks again, hopefully something shows up, but then again, I don't want my car back considering someone else has been driving it, almost like a girlfriend cheated on me:mad:

PB86MCSS
10-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I had 3 G-body cars taken over five years. Two Monte SS's and a Regal.

If you don't mind me picking your brain, where were they stolen from about and where recovered (if you know?). I like to make a mental note of these things...I'm paranoid enough with mine. Joyrides or stripped?

I've been lucky so far that nothing has happened with me, knock on wood. Then again I think I take some pretty good measures to help prevent it..

Al
10-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Remember though nonstock equiptment may not be covered.
Good Luck
SSDude

Think of it this way:

The value of an AEM intake= $200
The value of the complete OEM airbox with all of the other things you removed to make the AEM one fit= >$200

You are better off reporting it as stock.

RanJer
10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I know its not from your car judging by the post date... but does this seem a touch fishy to anyone else?? http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/221594218.html

SSDude
10-20-2006, 05:03 AM
If you don't mind me picking your brain, where were they stolen from about and where recovered (if you know?). I like to make a mental note of these things...I'm paranoid enough with mine. Joyrides or stripped?

The first Monte was taken from behind the house in West Allis, Found a year later on the Norf side. Repainted, switched vin tag and trashed i was told as i never saw the car. The next Monte was taken in the vicinity of the airport and never seen again. The last the Regal was taken from West Allis again and found in Bay View two weeks later trashed. Thankfully I had just settled the day before it was found. I gave up on G-bodies for daily drivers after the third one was stolen. Switched insurance companies after the second one as the were on the verge of dropping me. The third happened with the new company. Your ride being stolen gets old real fast.

PB86MCSS
10-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Yikes...

Stories like that lead me to get a standard issue throw away car like my LeSabre for daily duties :). If I lived farther out and didn't have to take them anywhere to put at risk I'd drive mine more often.

I used to daily drive various g-bodies (different MCSS's, a Cutlass, a Monte LS) but most were beaters somewhat so probably a bit less disireable. Anyone who has one without at least an anti theft device or three is almost asking for it, sadly.

Slow Joe
10-20-2006, 10:10 AM
I guess I drive stuff that don't ask to be stolen... :rolf Or even broken into for that matter...

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Well when its a v6 stang, I don't know anyone that would want to steal it for anything. Don't post if you don't have anything informative to say.

juicedimpss
10-20-2006, 11:54 AM
all i can say is if it was MY car that was stolen,I would post PICS of it if I really wanted to find it.
Im done with these dumbass civic threads..........

Nix
10-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I seriously dont know what I would do if my shit was stolen. Its really strange that I never hear of F Bodies being ripped off left and right, i know they get stolen but I mean seriously how often do you hear about them getting ripped off.

i guess these Civics are a very easy target, why or what makes it so easy to steal these cars and only them? Are Acuras as easy to steal? I just dont understand why it is only Civics getting jacked daily around in our area. I'm in no way complaining but I just find it odd.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
all i can say is if it was MY car that was stolen,I would post PICS of it if I really wanted to find it.
Im done with these dumbass civic threads..........

My mistake, I thought I posted it on here, it was on a different forum. I'll make sure to do that right now.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I have a thread in Honda-tech, I'll make sure to get it up here too that I have pictures of the car.

And if your done with these "dumb ass" civic threads, they just ignore them. Its that easy. If I could afford it, I would have a beefed up Camaro like Kyle who was nice enough to start this thread for me, but I just couldn't afford it at the time, so I went the budget way and was different building a Single cam. I hate how import drivers get the bad name because most are idiots, but there are plenty of us out there who just love cars, and chose that route instead for their own reasons.

I'm to the point where I wouldn't want my car back. Just want to know who did it and make sure they don't get the opportunity to do it again. Thats it.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 12:56 PM
http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1786171

The picture is located here. The Wheels were no longer on the car, just had stock alloy civic rims.

Slow Joe
10-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Well when its a v6 stang, I don't know anyone that would want to steal it for anything. Don't post if you don't have anything informative to say.

I can post if I'd like to... You gunna stop me? And :rolf at you, you obviously don't know what I've got done to my car...

juicedimpss
10-20-2006, 01:13 PM
And if your done with these "dumb ass" civic threads, they just ignore them. Its that easy. If I could afford it, I would have a beefed up Camaro like Kyle who was nice enough to start this thread for me, but I just couldn't afford it at the time, so I went the budget way and was different building a Single cam. I hate how import drivers get the bad name because most are idiots, but there are plenty of us out there who just love cars, and chose that route instead for their own reasons.

I have no problem with the "import guys" and to each is own for what your own preference is,but it was like pulling teeth to get you to post a pic of YOUR OWN car. Most people i can think of have somewhat current pics of their cars,and would post as many pics of their custom mods as possible to possibly find the thief.
thats all from this corner,good luck getting your stuff back.

PB86MCSS
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
i guess these Civics are a very easy target, why or what makes it so easy to steal these cars and only them? Are Acuras as easy to steal? I just dont understand why it is only Civics getting jacked daily around in our area. I'm in no way complaining but I just find it odd.

Not to keep this thread off the main subject, the stolen Honda, but consider yourself lucky that your car isn't a popular target :). Hondas are commonly stolen especially modded ones, but many other cars are choice targets too...GM G, B and A-bodies to name a few. Chances are there is a nice black market for aftermarket Honda parts, or maybe The Fast & The Furious has an influence, making stolen import stuff cool :goof ...at least thats what I think took place in the movie, right? I couldn't stomach watching the whole thing.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I can post if I'd like to... You gunna stop me? And :rolf at you, you obviously don't know what I've got done to my car...

No and I don't really care.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I have no problem with the "import guys" and to each is own for what your own preference is,but it was like pulling teeth to get you to post a pic of YOUR OWN car. Most people i can think of have somewhat current pics of their cars,and would post as many pics of their custom mods as possible to possibly find the thief.
thats all from this corner,good luck getting your stuff back.

No I understand where you are coming from. I don't really have any updated pictures of my car, I think my dad took some pics when i stopped over last week when it was nice out that is about it. I just haven't had time for my car lately.

But as far as my comment for the "import guys", I guess I came off on the wrong end. I usually get the negative comments by domestic guys, and get the whole crap between import and domestic. Forget I said anything about it. I got 2 sites mixed up, I had pics of it on H-T, but not on here when I thought I did. My mistake.

Slow Joe
10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
No and I don't really care.

Good way to make friends... Then why should anyone care about the whereabouts of your car?

Berettaspeed
10-20-2006, 05:11 PM
i have an M&M wrapper blocking my vin.. the keys are not original, but you can still get owner info and its not hard to find out where they live if you really want a car. i had my car stolen on the south side about 2 yrs ago maybe longer, but it sucked.. they crashed in a curb and bent the tie rod.. which left almost no damage except a new rim and a BFH got it back on the road.

my car will run super lean and will die or wont get over 10 mph.. when i park it LOL oh yeah.. but i garage it.. every little bit helps.

sohcex20
10-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Good way to make friends... Then why should anyone care about the whereabouts of your car?

I could care less when someone like you is talking the way you do. There are plenty of other people that would be interested in helping not just to maybe have my car recovered, but to eventually stop these people or catch them in the act.

One person that doesn't care on this site isn't going to kill me. Thanks anyways buddy.

Al
10-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Its really strange that I never hear of F Bodies being ripped off left and right.

The cops know that something is wrong when the driver does not have a mullet

Most everything from honda without a computer key is easy game.

I never had one of my cars broken into or had anything valuable taken from it.
The closest thing to it was when someone left something it it: 1 gallon of mustard, 1 gal ketchup, 1+ gal of other stuff...all in the gas tank.

ANYONE HERE EVER CONSIDER A GOOD SECURITY SYSTEM??? LoJack?

Slow Joe
10-21-2006, 09:44 AM
I could care less when someone like you is talking the way you do. There are plenty of other people that would be interested in helping not just to maybe have my car recovered, but to eventually stop these people or catch them in the act.

One person that doesn't care on this site isn't going to kill me. Thanks anyways buddy.

Well, I just made a joke, you responded like a jag... What would you expect? Good luck finding your car or something...

sohcex20
10-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Sorry, I just didn't take it as a joke right then and there. Today, maybe a different story if I read it, but then, I was just really pissed off over the situation and just wishing I could get a minute.....or 10 with the douche bags that stole my car, but hey, no big deal. I'm over it.

Slow Joe
10-21-2006, 09:50 AM
It's alright... Like I said good luck finding it... The sad part is that it's probably in peices somewhere by now...

awsomeears
10-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I know if that was my car I would be spending all day driving around the south/north side. When I used to do allot of work in these parts there were cars just sitting in strange places.

And large Asian familys with way to many honda cars and parts.

I'm not pointing fingers just typing what I saw

sohcex20
10-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Got a call from the police this morning, they found the car with no wheels, no engine, no exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff missing around 10th street downtown I believe. I wonder if that is where they just ditch the car, or if thats right where they strip it down?? Either way, its stripped, and I hope insurance doesn't want to fix it.

PB86MCSS
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear how it was recovered...I can't imagine.

Probably very near by where they stripped it...they won't haul a hot car very far from what I understand and it makes sense.

A B4C Z
10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Damn that sucks man. At least they found it i guess.

sohcex20
10-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks again Kyle for starting up the thread to at least get people informed. What happened, happened, and thats about it. Just bought a new truck today, but next spring a new build will be in the process, and will not be kept anywhere that those low lifes will get to it.

Cryptic
10-21-2006, 02:50 PM
these guys must know what their doing to have it stripped out so fast. I hope your insurance company does their job and doesnt leave you hanging.

SSDude
10-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Good to hear it's found but bad that it's stripped. I don't think the insurance Co. will spend a fortune to fix it. Don't let them pricks stiff you.

sohcex20
10-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh I know, I'll be stingy when it comes to them giving me offers. I have all my recipets and pictures of everything so maybe they will cover more.

Mssplayboybunie
10-22-2006, 11:16 AM
wow the joy of owning a honda, we went through that crap this summer with ours being stolen, then a couple weeks ago someone tried to steal it yet again I hate that car with a passion now

Goat Roper
10-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I just got everything covered on mine under something called "Customized Vehicle Coverage" through American Family. $40 every 6 months, can't beat that for the peace of mind.

PB86MCSS
10-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Progressive also allows an additional amount to be added for aftermarket items, I believe up to $2,500 over the book value on the car. I know many of our cars go well over that in parts alone added but it helps and doesn't cost that much more.