PDA

View Full Version : Decrease in home heating. Copied from WE Energies

UnderPSI
10-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Decrease in home heating bills expected this winter

We Energies projects a decrease of between 5 and 10 percent in home heating bills this winter, assuming this year's weather is comparable to last winter. Precise projections on the cost of natural gas for the heating season are, at best, an educated guess due to the many factors influencing the market price of natural gas, and the company will update its forecast in the event of any significant change.

Approximately 70 percent of the typical We Energies customer's heating bill reflects the cost of the natural gas that the company must buy on the open market. Customer bills have varied over the past year as there has been more volatility in the price of natural gas in the past 12 months than virtually any other period in history.

This was on the page at work thought I would share

Myles
10-18-2006, 10:30 AM
this is good news.

i might be able to turn the heat up to 65 instead of 60 this winter!

Cryptic
10-18-2006, 10:44 AM
It was 80 in my house last season. My fireplace insert rocks! It's alot of work, but it's comfy.

jbiscuit
10-18-2006, 10:48 AM
this is good news. But at the same time, natural gas is like gas for our cars....regardless of the price, you'll still have to buy it. I keep my thermostat on about 68-69 while I am there and 64 at night. Its perfect. Open your wallets and buy some replacement windows if you want to cut down on your utility usage. Add some extra insulation to your attic.

Like I said though, good info regardless Brad!

animal
10-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Heh, I keep my thermostat at 47 until it gets below 10* outside. The old guy that lives underneath us keeps his $hit at about 85 all winter so we just sap his heat haha. I usually only run it a few nights a year actually, even then it runs for like 15 minutes and my apartment raises like 10 degrees it seems like.

Bites us in the ass in the summer for running the a/c though heh, since he doesn't cool his $hit either.

Yooformula
10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
I wish it were so easy for me to just replace windows but my issue it appears is cold wind actually coming through the walls as if the insulation is all gone. I am still going to insulate my attic and attempt a window replacement or 2 but you can still feel the cold air drift.

jbiscuit
10-18-2006, 01:34 PM
start with the windows Yoos....menards has Crestline windows on sale right now in fact

juicedimpss
10-18-2006, 01:36 PM
even plastic crap on the windows helps a bunch if you cant get the windows before the winter.

Yooformula
10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
start with the windows Yoos....menards has Crestline windows on sale right now in fact

I have almost no time right now as much as I want to.