PDA

View Full Version : Car Detailing......

Car Guy
10-17-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm looking for someone to do some good* detailing, called a few places around me and $150 was the average (some were much more). Seems like a little much to me but maybe that's the going price and I'm the one that's not 'with it'...? Never really had to pay someone to detail a car as I used to be able to do them all myself. If there's somebody on here that does detailing, or can do it on the side:shades please let me know......

*Now for my definition of good (cause I know I'll catch crap for it), and I hope I don't sound like some anal retentive perfectionist, cause I'm not. A good detailing to me is a good overall cleaning, the cars I have are not show cars but they're also not buckets of F(you)(see)K so wet sanding the paint, taking out the seats to shampoo the carpet, and cleaning the interior's dash with a Q-tip is not needed. The biggest part (to me) of a good detail is not seeing any evidence that it was actually detailed, I've seen some and it looked like they just dumped a bottle of every cleaner on the vehicle and took one wipe with a towel and called it a day.....:rolleyes:

Thanks~!

TURTLE
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
pm'd..........

Flight_740
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
My uncle is our detailer here. He is open to making side cash. He is good at it. Usually $100 inside and out.

Silver350
10-17-2006, 11:16 AM
pm'd
sent

Goat Roper
10-17-2006, 01:33 PM
My last FULL detail was at Tender Car and they did a hell of a job.

http://tendercar.com/

Don't remember all their prices though.

67-400
10-17-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm looking for someone to do some good* detailing, called a few places around me and $150 was the average (some were much more). Seems like a little much to me but maybe that's the going price and I'm the one that's not 'with it'...? Never really had to pay someone to detail a car as I used to be able to do them all myself. If there's somebody on here that does detailing, or can do it on the side:shades please let me know......

*Now for my definition of good (cause I know I'll catch crap for it), and I hope I don't sound like some anal retentive perfectionist, cause I'm not. A good detailing to me is a good overall cleaning, the cars I have are not show cars but they're also not buckets of F(you)(see)K so wet sanding the paint, taking out the seats to shampoo the carpet, and cleaning the interior's dash with a Q-tip is not needed. The biggest part (to me) of a good detail is not seeing any evidence that it was actually detailed, I've seen some and it looked like they just dumped a bottle of every cleaner on the vehicle and took one wipe with a towel and called it a day.....:rolleyes:

Thanks~!

Riversedge Car wash in Mukwonago did mine, $110.00 both inside & out and they do a fantastic job! Polishing all chrome, under the hood, tail pipes, couple coats of wax, steam clean the carpeting inside and everything. PM me if you want the contact info......and yes, that is the original paint.

nismodave
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Well all I can say is Custom Portering by Barbie in Butler, is the finest for portering I know.

She does my car once a year, and the work thats done there is AMAZING.

When you pull up the place does not look like much, but then you see BENZs, Vettes, Porsches, ETC.:stare

She cleaned up my dads Suburban a few times, and he does not take care of the interior well.

Her Location (http://local.yahoo.com/details;_ylt=Api9kAZG6JHrCEZXsGiZEtWHNcIF;_ylu=X3o DMTBra2U2OWdoBF9zAzk2NjEzNzcwBHNlYwNyZWNv?id=16683 687&city=Butler&state=WI)

Her Work...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1010011.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1010023.jpg

MIKESPACECAR
10-19-2006, 11:10 AM
I use to detail at BRAGER jeep on 27th st theres 2 guys there (clint)and(wolf)thats his nick name. They do verry good details and they'll do side jobs on the weekend $60.inside and out they have taken care of all my familys/friends cars/trucks/suvs they do good work

Cryptic
10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
I've had Brian @ www.cleanestcars.com buff out my GTX a few times.
414-429-2781