http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16450

Flight_740
10-16-2006, 04:34 PM
So what makes it 500 hp? Looks stock minus exhaust and a "hot air intake"

PureSound15
10-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Mitsu mechanic who added the 20lb. turbos and new system

Gosh, those are heavy turbos!

I have no idea what he means by system. Pretty car, but the description is odd.

Teufelhunden
10-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Other than the dirty non-free flowing K/N filter, EGT probe, rain catchers (upturned exhaust tips)...it looks stock. Upgrading the stock turbos to 13g's for example makes 3/S's pretty darn quick but one usaully upgrades the IC piping, fuel pump, injectors, fuel control, boost control as well. BUT there could be a set of upgraded turbos under all the stock piping....

True duals! I've got to see that!!

I think Mike should buy it.

RanJer
10-16-2006, 05:58 PM
It's my "friends" car. I've driven it, told him its NOT 500HP but he insists. It is fast yes, but not that fast. Everything was done before he bought the car, as he said. He's not the most knowledgeable car guy, obviously, but it should be easy to figure out he meant it's pushing 20lbs of boost. I told him last week he needs a full real description of what's been done from the previous owner, with documentation. Otherwise, if any of you guys live near the eastside and would be willing to check it out, tell him what's up, he's open to listen.

PureSound15
10-16-2006, 06:46 PM
but it should be easy to figure out he meant it's pushing 20lbs of boost.

I'm sorry, I was just bein a smartass:goof

Moparjim
10-17-2006, 08:26 PM
20 lbs of boost in a 3S car is pretty hard to do. I had many of them and we still run a "shop" that does nothing but work on Stealths and 3000GTs. They are tough to run high boost in without knock and spark blowout. Not to mention the bottom end has cast pistons and not a lot of bearing area - big boost typically doesnt last long before spinning a bearing or breaking a piston unless the motor is built. Did I mention they tend to knock? Big turbos, fuel management, and supporting mods are needed. As Scott said, where are the supporting mods...

I had a 92 with 15Gs, hard pipes, 550CC injectors, VPC/SAFC, fuel pump, etc etc. and had trouble with anything over 18 PSI.

RanJer
10-17-2006, 09:14 PM
HKS electronic boost controller

Custom non-mandrel bent 2.5 inch diameter dual exhaust with X pipe in the center of the system, dual DTM style mufflers that are Polished stainless steel.

Dual 14B turbos, from Texas Turbo, with port exhaust manifolds and front O2 housing,

EGT gauge in console, and boost gauge.

Power stop rotors and pads, (Street compound pads)

Eclipse 10 cd system and 10 disc changer.

That's from the guy who did everything. I'm gonna look at the car tomorrow night and get more pictures for you guys. I have no idea if it's actually 20lbs of boost, I realize it's highly unlikely. I'll get a much better description of the car up soon. He wrote that based on what he was TOLD. He did nothing to the car.

BigSnailBuick
10-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Good starter car that needs some tlc...TRUE...... 500hp.:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf