PDA

View Full Version : Had a lot of fun, and thanks to the Southside Crew!

HRSEPLA
10-15-2006, 07:29 AM
I just wanted to say that this day at the track was a blast!
The track was hooking, I got a new best 60' of 1.38, a new best 1/4 @ 9.52, and last and certainly not least a new knowledge of the boost and timing threshhold that my head gaskets will take...:)

But during this whole day, I had a ton of help and generosity from all the guys on the Southside, Ian, Mark, Ron, Myles, Little Whitey, and met a few new faces too.
From helping me with tires, lineup, videotaping, and just about everything else, Mark towing me from the big end, and all the way to Ron, letting me take his truck and trailer back to Waukesha to take my car back home when it broke. That was definately a generosity few would even consider, and he did'nt even hesitate to offer.

Thanks again guys, it was a great time at the track and it was really cool to be reminded again that the truly important part of this hobby is'nt even the cars...:)
I know its early but I gotta get wrenching!:headbang

nismodave
10-15-2006, 07:40 AM
WOW.......Every week all you guys are getting faster and FASTER!!!

Congrats Sam and Tina.....I bet running #s like that and having fun with freinds makes all the HEADACHES worth it.:thumbsup

Koth is going to be fun to watch.:wow

DoubleAron
10-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Good to hear, glad it was is a good day even with the headgaskets blowing.

BTW I have some 8548 PT2 gaskets laying here still in the package. Not sure if you still use them, I went to Cometics and have the 4.125 bore now so I have no use for them. $20 for the pair if you want them.

scottie K
10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Sam I heard congrats on the number you ran:thumbsup also i heard you did some out standing driving to save the car:headbang

I wish i could have been ther yesterday..

SSM

1fastdeuce
10-15-2006, 09:57 AM
I wish i could have been ther yesterday..

SSM
P*ssy:rolf :rolf

scottie K
10-15-2006, 10:04 AM
hahaha

i should of skippd the wedding

twirkin50
10-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Nice numbers Sam!!! There are some really good people around when it comes to the car hobby. Glad to hear you got it running good and had some good help when you were in need.

Greg@GLD
10-15-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm guessing he's already got it running again. :D

Congrats on the new best Sammy!!! :D :D

HRSEPLA
10-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys!
Well I spent the last 2 hours in the garage, and everything is apart, heads are fine, everything looks good, seems like just the gasket from the cylinder spread to the water jacket, and spit out of the coolant overflow, which put the water under my tires at 130...
I will order some new gaskets tomorrow and put it together on tuesday, roll with the punches...
Aaron, thanks for the hoolup, but I'll get the Cometics again.
See you next weekend!

PS, yes now that the car is performing, it does make it all worth it!
Yesterday was pushing things to find out my boundries, so I will be sticking with the 20psi, and the 22* timing, this turbo is done making much more power on my combo after that.

Sam

juicedimpss
10-15-2006, 11:17 AM
glad to hear it is savable,get it ready for saturday!

DoubleAron
10-15-2006, 11:49 AM
No problem, for some weird reason I thought you were still using those
Fel-pros. Hopefully if everything works out I'll be rolling in a van with 2400+hp on board ;) next weekend and won't be able to make it.

SouthSide1
10-15-2006, 02:17 PM
congrats sam hope you get it fixed

FourEyedFord
10-15-2006, 08:25 PM
No problem, for some weird reason I thought you were still using those
Fel-pros. Hopefully if everything works out I'll be rolling in a van with 2400+hp on board ;) next weekend and won't be able to make it.

:headbang

Congrats on the new best Sam! :banana1:

scaleracer
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
congrats sam and tina now you have a new goal to beat:headbang

Myles
10-15-2006, 11:21 PM
no problem with helping you out sam, hope the vids are helpful.

Crawlin
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
AWESOME!!! Glad to hear you'll be out on Saturday! I don't know if Mark will be though :)