PDA

View Full Version : BCM Bowling Outing for FRED...???

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I just recently starting bowling in a league again after taking a few years off and forgot how much fun it was. Then I thought of getting together a BCM bowling outing, I figure there's not much else going on in the winter anyways and even if you don't consider yourself a 'bowler' you can still come out and have a good time. It would also be a chance for everyone to get together and hang out, or meet people that you haven't met yet and put a face to a screen name......

So I had that idea in my head and then I was also thinking about Fred and what he must be going through. Honestly having a hard time putting myself in his shoes, because it really could happen to anyone regardless of where you live or where you are in life. Not to mention it was a deliberate act that caused his situation, and that just blows my mind.....

Then it hit me, "why not have a BCM bowling outing with all the proceeds going to help out Fred...!!!"

Right now it's just an idea so I thought I would post up a poll thread and see what everyone else thinks of it, but please be honest in your choice as this poll will decide if this idea will get 'off the ground' or not......:banana1:

Thanks~!
Justin

Cryptic
10-13-2006, 11:47 AM
I have bowling tonight at Alpine Lanes in Muskego. 9:00pm
What time are you thinking? There's alot of leagues going on this time of year and hard to get in unless you do midnight bowling.

UnderPSI
10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
We could do midnight at alpine and just pass a hat around for donations.

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 12:03 PM
I have bowling tonight at Alpine Lanes in Muskego. 9:00pm
What time are you thinking? There's alot of leagues going on this time of year and hard to get in unless you do midnight bowling.

I was thinking something on the weekend around noon or early afternoon should work, but I'd have to call around to see for sure. I went to a few charity bowling outings and it was usually around that time and the majority of the lanes were 'ours'....

We could do midnight at alpine and just pass a hat around for donations.

Also a good idea, however I was curious if the use of the lanes could be donated by someone.....? The reason I ask is I organized a golf outing for charity and Milwaukee County Parks was willing to donate use of the 9 holes we needed for the afternoon.....

Flicktitty
10-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I might be up for going pending on time and date.

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 12:16 PM
I might be up for going pending on time and date.

If there's enough interest I will start calling on dates and times.....

Yooformula
10-13-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm down!

RanJer
10-13-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm in, I miss bowling.. I used to go every weekend. Well then it turned into drinking with a side of bowling but yeah oh well hehe. I'm in fo sheezy!

Nix
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Good idea, but make sure its in a decent bowling alley and not a dump on 3rd and smith where there will be no drama. It seems everytime I have done midnight bowling there is always a group of hard asses looking for trouble.

I would hate to put them in their place by smashing a 16lb bowling ball in to their dome for back talking.:goof

GRAMPS SS
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
i good with it..depending on what end of the city it would be.....and i have 12 year old with a 150 average .....and can he join in the fun as well most of the guys here know em , or is this or grown kids only?

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Good idea, but make sure its in a decent bowling alley and not a dump on 3rd and smith where there will be no drama. It seems everytime I have done midnight bowling there is always a group of hard asses looking for trouble.

I would hate to put them in their place by smashing a 16lb bowling ball in to their dome for back talking.:goof

i good with it..depending on what end of the city it would be.....and i have 12 year old with a 150 average .....and can he join in the fun as well most of the guys here know em , or is this or grown kids only?

I would try to have it in a centralized location so it's convenient for everyone to get to, and it will be a clean/respectable alley. As far as who can come I think everyone should be able to attend, it's for charity (Fred) and I think only allowing certain people would be ridiculous......

DynoTom
10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm in !

I used to be a pretty decent bowler.....I'm sure I have lost some of the skill but, I figure it's for a good cause to help Fred out so that is why I'm doing it....:headbang

88Nightmare
10-13-2006, 02:04 PM
i would definitely go, I miss my weekly league. Im probably not as good as I used to be. I think if someone knows a certain someone, maybe they could get us free use of an alley, they we can pay a cover charge to bowl that would go to help fred, maybe pay 15 bucks to bowl or somethin, all proceeds going to fred. 15 bucks per person, if you got 40 or 50 people there, im sure we all have friends who would like to go and bowl.

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know someone that either owns a bowling alley or is the manager of one......???

Anakonda69
10-13-2006, 04:28 PM
i bowl at 9 pm in a traveling league on friday nights

GRAMPS SS
10-13-2006, 04:43 PM
i know the owners of Kreugers in the Falls.........let me know what you need

theavenger333
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know someone that either owns a bowling alley or is the manager of one......???
yeah, north side, Brown Deer lanes, i can take care of stuff

77thor
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Who is he??

Yooformula
10-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Who is he??

who is who? the manager at the bowling lanes or the guy that we have the benefit going on for?(a member got shot in the back early this week) see sticky in general chat

beer guy
10-13-2006, 05:51 PM
If nobody else has found a spot by next thursday I can ask at the bowling alley I deliver to. It is lakeview lanes in pewaukee. I could see what kind of deal they could work out for me. Of course that would mean people could drink my brands of beer that I deliver lol

SmokinRAM114
10-13-2006, 05:52 PM
i know the owners of Kreugers in the Falls.........let me know what you need

Jimmy krueger rides motocross at my house good friend of mine. his bro now runs kreugers right? or does old man still? You know about the bullet in one of the lanes? must have been in the tree when they cut it down. still i think its cool.

but eitherway im game ill throw some down! haha:devil

88Nightmare
10-13-2006, 06:41 PM
I could probably talk to the owner of Rivera Lanes in west allis on 88th and greenfield ave.

Car Guy
10-13-2006, 11:07 PM
Of course that would mean people could drink my brands of beer that I deliver lol

And what kind of beer is that...???

beer guy
10-14-2006, 08:08 AM
And what kind of beer is that...???
well miller, mike's,lakefront,most imports (corona, hacker pschorr along those lines)and if it is after the end of the month berghoff huber and many others

Brandon W.
10-14-2006, 09:00 AM
we could do it here in the grove...its a decent bowling alley..not alot of fights...as long as you can tolerate a few hicks:shades

00SoSlow
10-14-2006, 06:13 PM
i work at a bowling alley and am pretty high up i can talk to my manager about it, give me details and what day were thinking of, i can see if its open and see if i can get a deal on it...

its a 12 lane house but should be fine, lots of alcohol !!!

working at the alley i only average 210, should be a little more haha

beer guy
10-14-2006, 07:27 PM
i work at a bowling alley and am pretty high up i can talk to my manager about it, give me details and what day were thinking of, i can see if its open and see if i can get a deal on it...

its a 12 lane house but should be fine, lots of alcohol !!!

working at the alley i only average 210, should be a little more haha
I see you are in pewaukee what alley do you work at?

Reverend Cooper
10-15-2006, 10:08 AM
if i cant make it for some reason i will drop a donation somehow....its for a great cause

Anakonda69
10-15-2006, 11:46 AM
i bowl at every bowling alley in southeast wis...from delavan to slinger to sturtevant....i will talk to my league pres. and try to maybe get some numbers of people to call....

00SoSlow
10-15-2006, 10:33 PM
i work at lake veiw lanes, on hwy ss just north of I-94... nice little 12 lane house

beer guy
10-16-2006, 04:57 AM
i work at lake veiw lanes, on hwy ss just north of I-94... nice little 12 lane house
yep it is a nice place I probably see you there on thursdays when i deliver there do you own the red mustang parked there?

Silver350
10-16-2006, 07:55 PM
I would probally be up for meeting up with you guys I dont know if I would bowl or not depends on what I feel like doing when I get there.

00SoSlow
10-18-2006, 01:17 AM
yep it is a nice place I probably see you there on thursdays when i deliver there do you own the red mustang parked there?

yep tahts mine, im there 5 days out of 7... im the one usually lounging on the bar stools or sleeping out back haha, its pretty boring till leagues start going? what distributor do u work for? thurs are w.o.w if im correct, i don't know, i just work there haha, ill be there this thursday yet again say hi if u see me im the only tall one there, everyone else is short, and i usually wear a nametag that reads.... everyones b*tch.... :headbang :headbang

ThatWhiteCivic
10-18-2006, 01:32 AM
82-70's????

GRAMPS SS
10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
any date or place set yet?

Pepino
10-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Interested.......:alcoholic

00SoSlow
10-30-2006, 11:53 PM
don't drop the ball on this one? any places yet?

anyone down to play for money?

Car Guy
10-31-2006, 06:28 AM
I'm still working on it, today I have to make a few more calls. I want to try and have it at a good centralized location on a day to where most eveyone could make it. To be honest I'm having a harder time than I thought getting everything lined up......

But don't worry it'll happen.....:thumbsup

anyone down to play for money?

How does a buck a pin sound, 3 games......:banana1:

00SoSlow
11-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm still working on it, today I have to make a few more calls. I want to try and have it at a good centralized location on a day to where most eveyone could make it. To be honest I'm having a harder time than I thought getting everything lined up......

But don't worry it'll happen.....:thumbsup

How does a buck a pin sound, 3 games......:banana1:

I may be down... what do you average? and wehre is this going to be at?

Car Guy
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM
To be honest it's around 200. I usually don't tell people that because they always think I'm lying, don't know why......? :confused

Maybe it's the beer gut......:eek:

AND as far as the outing goes I'm hoping to get a call today from this alley I've waiting to hear back from.....:fire

00SoSlow
11-11-2006, 02:19 AM
haha no biggy... where are u waiting to get a call back from? and what day are u planing

i just may have to throw in 5 a game or something

GRAMPS SS
11-21-2006, 04:04 PM
hey....we bowling or not....anyone find a spot yet