PDA

View Full Version : Import Wars 7 Oct 15th Last of the YEAR!

TopStreetDsm
10-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Ok Everyone! This is going to be the last Import wars of the season... So who's going and what the hell are you bringing?

I have already checked weather.com and the forcast calls for cold (low 50's) but only 20% chance of Precip. Cloudy, Blah Blah. All the normal crap.

Either way, I am going to be praying for good weather so I can get some street time on the car before heading down. If all goes well and they can get the track sticky, and I can keep my head bolted down... I am going to be looking to shatter my old time. This is when its going to happen if it does because of the air temps.

I am hoping that there are other import guys here that are willing to try and end this season with a really nice turn out!

Jake H.

Bee
10-12-2006, 12:50 PM
i'm trying to get 3-4 cars to show...need dyno time to get them ready....hopefully they make it!!! AND finally break into the 10s... :thumbsup

ThatWhiteCivic
10-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I'll be there...

nismodave
10-12-2006, 09:30 PM
To cold. I dont have my car and the few hot Asain chicks that will be there, will be bundled up.

See ya in spring.

twicks69
10-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I should be there testing a new setup. We'll see if the tranny gods are nice to me. Now on tranny #9.

Syclone0044
10-13-2006, 06:18 PM
What keeps breaking on those transmissions?

TopStreetDsm
10-13-2006, 07:38 PM
this one was a defectinve new part

twicks69
10-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Well, I have pretty much broken everything in them at least once.

1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, 2nd gear synchro, 3-4 shift fork, 3-4 hub and slider assemblies, center differentials, center differential cross shaft, front differential, etc.

The only way to keep it from breaking is to reengineer the entire transmission since it was designed for 200 torque, not 600 torque.

The dogbox is the only answer to potentially prevent transmission breakage, but they aren't "bullet proof" either. The tranny can still break, but it is much less likely to do so.

This time, I shattered the 3-4 hub assembly into 3 pieces, and broke the 3-4 shift fork into 4 pieces. Essentially, it was either defective, or it couldn't handle the torque. This is the 2nd time I have blown up this part.

Berettaspeed
10-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, I have pretty much broken everything in them at least once.

1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear, 2nd gear synchro, 3-4 shift fork, 3-4 hub and slider assemblies, center differentials, center differential cross shaft, front differential, etc.

The only way to keep it from breaking is to reengineer the entire transmission since it was designed for 200 torque, not 600 torque.

The dogbox is the only answer to potentially prevent transmission breakage, but they aren't "bullet proof" either. The tranny can still break, but it is much less likely to do so.

This time, I shattered the 3-4 hub assembly into 3 pieces, and broke the 3-4 shift fork into 4 pieces. Essentially, it was either defective, or it couldn't handle the torque. This is the 2nd time I have blown up this part.

damn dude. you must really slam through these gears. LOL ease up alittle i could not imagine going throught that many trannys

Prescott
10-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I'll be there as usual. I haven't had time to go thru the car yet.
Still have to run the valves and go thru the check list.
Maybe have some time later to hit the practice tree.
Get a couple hundred passes in on that.
Then I'll be ready.
Alot of drama around the house lately, going to the track will be a nice distraction.

Don't forget Mike from Phil's Inc. is kicking in bonus cash to the winners of all classes. $75 to $100 extra depending. Just register at his display and run his stickers and your in.

See everyone on sun.
(dress warm!)

Flicktitty
10-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I might go actually i was just talking to my buddy and he said he will call me tomarrow morning and tell me if he is going. I'll stop by and say HI if i see you guy's.

nismodave
10-15-2006, 01:50 AM
RICE WARS!!!!!!!! BATTLE OF THE 16 second CARS!!!!!!

esthirteen
10-15-2006, 10:44 AM
im going with my friend. hes got a red 99 civic with black rims and slicks with speedquest racing stickers on it. see me say hi!

EVIL AWD
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
So how did everyone do? I wasn't able to make it today.

esthirteen
10-15-2006, 06:42 PM
my friend that i said i was going with up there^ won 1st place in the B class. it was a good time i guess, annoying rotory cars as usual. Other friend did pretty good too with his h22 coupe. And got to see a fast 240sx. so all in all, it was good.

Bee
10-15-2006, 06:55 PM
i did bad... having breaking issues too!!!:mad:

cyl 2 retainer took a sh1t while I was warming up slicks:mad:
split it right in half... hopefully i can salvage some parts and get this lil' honda into the low low 10s....maybe 9s...

EVIL AWD
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
my friend that i said i was going with up there^ won 1st place in the B class. it was a good time i guess, annoying rotory cars as usual. Other friend did pretty good too with his h22 coupe. And got to see a fast 240sx. so all in all, it was good.

Was the fast 240sx a maroon colored one from AMS? If so, what did he run today? Should be 9.xx if it's the one I'm talking about.

Cjburn
10-15-2006, 08:48 PM
9.22 in the high 140's. Built KA, C4 trans, 94 mm GT42R, stock rear end, axles. Pretty cool car...

Flicktitty
10-15-2006, 09:31 PM
That's most likly Ivan's car then. Have to emphasize though it's NOT A AMS CAR!!! IT'S HIS CAR! He had the car back when he worked at Sound Performance.

Prescott
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I was a pretty nice day for the last import race of the year.
little cool but good for HP, alot of carnage thru out the day.
couple oil downs slowed the day down but still got it all in before the sunset.
really nice outlaw ss duster hit the wall hard. real shame.
I'll post the final year end points standings on GLD.com in a couple days.
congradulations to all the winners.

TopStreetDsm
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
i did bad... having breaking issues too!!!:mad:

cyl 2 retainer took a sh1t while I was warming up slicks:mad:
split it right in half... hopefully i can salvage some parts and get this lil' honda into the low low 10s....maybe 9s...

Hey I saw that shit... Sorry to hear man. :thumbsup For the nice burnout though!

9.22 in the high 140's. Built KA, C4 trans, 94 mm GT42R, stock rear end, axles. Pretty cool car...

Edit that^^^ That car was through the roof man. Second run of the day was nearly 158mph. His 9.2 was @ 156. That thing is making 1000hp on a stock (no swap) KA24de!!!!! F'ing nuts.

juicedimpss
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
jake,how did yours run?

TopStreetDsm
10-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Kept the car at home. Im glad I did too, considering how many breaks there were.

I never got a chance to break in the clutch pack and didnt want to chance it.

Cjburn
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
The earlier run I was talking about, when a friend and I went to talk to him (shoot the breeze and we personally know a guy who works at AMS) they were talking about that it was losing pressure. It was around 42psi (can't remember exactly) in first gear and was losing pressure in every gear after that ending up around 38 psi which is what he called "low boost." He said that he's run it up to 50 psi. The car sprays to spool up the turbo to 25psi and it's shut off. Really nice guy to talk to, very approachable...

Bee
10-16-2006, 02:30 PM
CJ now go build your car..... hehe!!! get it ready for 2007 dude!!!

what will you build anyhow??? :thumbsup

esthirteen
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
yea, i talked to the guy too. his name is ivan and the car is crazy. thought it was funny how he was saying it was a small turbo. i mean, maybe for him, but for me, its pretty ******* big.