PDA

View Full Version : Project car for Prince Valiant...

Crawlin
10-11-2006, 12:17 PM
here ya go...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Dodge-Dart-Swinger-Coupe-318-V8-Ohio-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ230037021612QQihZ013QQcategoryZ67 83QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

nice banana yellow

Nix
10-11-2006, 12:22 PM
In the one pic of the trunk it looks like there was a roll cage bar extending to the rear pass side of the trunk?

I really like those Darts execpt for the front end, otherwise nice cars.:thumbsup The price is right too thus far in to the auction, I wonder what it will end up going for.

jbiscuit
10-11-2006, 01:36 PM
project car? Shitt that dart is dam near restored in Valiant's eyes! :rolf

Prince Valiant
10-11-2006, 01:40 PM
project car? Shitt that dart is dam near restored in Valiant's eyes! :rolfIt most definitely is... :goof

That would be a fun car to take some of the pieces I've got laying around and throw at, and then see how much nitrous a stock 318 short-block could take at the track :thumbsup

Good find though.....

DirtyMax
10-11-2006, 01:54 PM
In the one pic of the trunk it looks like there was a roll cage bar extending to the rear pass side of the trunk?

On those cars, that's the fuel filler neck passing thru the trunk!

I love those little Dart Swingers!! :headbang

P.S. I'm winning this auction...for now.

DirtyMax
10-12-2006, 10:09 AM
So, Mopar Nuts... what do you think this car is worth sight unseen? It looks clean but it could be a different story up close and personal. I am really intrigued by it and so far, the price is still low even though I've been outbid for now.

d0nut
10-12-2006, 10:14 AM
Anything over 1k is kinda high for that vintage of a Dart. They tend to really lose value when the front ends get ugly.

Of course it may just be the fact that A body guys are really cheap bastards...

So, Mopar Nuts... what do you think this car is worth sight unseen? It looks clean but it could be a different story up close and personal. I am really intrigued by it and so far, the price is still low even though I've been outbid for now.

Prince Valiant
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I only paid 350 bucks for mine...the guy just wanted it off his lot. 500-1000 bucks is fair sight unseen. If things are as solid as he claims, and you are looking for a decent platform to build a drag car, I might go as high as 1500...if that was a 68-72, I'd pay more...maybe 2x as much.

DirtyMax
10-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Iif that was a 68-72, I'd pay more...maybe 2x as much.

This is what I'm finding from research/talking to people. My uncle has a 74 fastback already so I thought it might be cool to have 2 in the family. The auction will have to stay around the current bid of around $600 for me to become a player, espceially without seeing it. Otherwise, there's plenty of other projects around.. just gotta find em'.

Prince Valiant
10-12-2006, 02:40 PM
The downside to the 73 and up variety for drag racing is that it uses the corporate 8 1/4 rear, vs the 8 3/4 rear used on pre73's.

While the stock 8 3/4 can live into the 11's stock, and very easily too, the 8 1/4 is on borrowed time with anything faster than mid 13's and on slicks (mine uses narrow tires specifically for this reason). The 8 1/4 is genreally tougher than the GM 7 5/8 10 bolt though...

Another advantage to the 8 3/4 is the relative ease of changing gears...some guys literally go to the track on hwy gears, and when well practiced, will have 4.88 track only gears on the car in less than 1/2 hour.

You could probably find an 8 3/4 for that thing anywhere from 250 bucks, to a completely rebuilt one with brakes for 1200 that'll just bolt right in....

MurphysLaw88GT
10-12-2006, 05:08 PM
It most definitely is... :goof

That would be a fun car to take some of the pieces I've got laying around and throw at, and then see how much nitrous a stock 318 short-block could take at the track :thumbsup

Good find though.....
i got a 68 318 that will come out of the coronet next year or so. buy it and hit it with NAWWWWWWWWSSSSS. And see how much a 904 trans can takeLOL. 30xxx miles on it. Blow er up! :goof

d0nut
10-12-2006, 07:01 PM
A Body 8 3/4 housings are going for about $500 for a bare rebuilder with no center section. The cheap way to go is a B or E body housing narrowed for it.
If you need one I have a 71-4 B body housing and a E body that I would sell.

I had a hard time unloading my 70 Dart Swinger that had a perfect body. I ended up trading it for the NY'er in the end. A bodies are just bottom of the ladder when it comes to values.

If you really want to go nuts I have a Direct Connection big block K frame for sale. It uses the 73 and up spool type mounts and makes it a nice easy bolt in....

I think I still have elephant ears also, would have to dig for those.

I have a rollbar too......

The downside to the 73 and up variety for drag racing is that it uses the corporate 8 1/4 rear, vs the 8 3/4 rear used on pre73's.

While the stock 8 3/4 can live into the 11's stock, and very easily too, the 8 1/4 is on borrowed time with anything faster than mid 13's and on slicks (mine uses narrow tires specifically for this reason). The 8 1/4 is genreally tougher than the GM 7 5/8 10 bolt though...

Another advantage to the 8 3/4 is the relative ease of changing gears...some guys literally go to the track on hwy gears, and when well practiced, will have 4.88 track only gears on the car in less than 1/2 hour.

You could probably find an 8 3/4 for that thing anywhere from 250 bucks, to a completely rebuilt one with brakes for 1200 that'll just bolt right in....

BadAzzGTA89
10-12-2006, 07:08 PM

I really like those Darts execpt for the front end, otherwise nice cars.:thumbsup The price is right too thus far in to the auction, I wonder what it will end up going for.
Gas filler:thumbsup

DirtyMax
10-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Oh well...

Dear ___,

Thank you for your bid on the following auction-style listing:

Item number: 230037021612
Title: 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger Coupe 318 V8 Ohio No Reserve

Unfortunately, eBay removed this auction-style listing because it's against the law, eBay policy, or both. All bids or offers on this listing have been canceled. We advise you to not purchase this item.

To learn how you can protect yourself and help ensure a positive buying experience in the future, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer_checklist.html

To review eBay's list of Prohibited, Questionable, and Infringing items, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

We're sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety