PDA

View Full Version : Invidia downpipe 04+ STI NEW

HP ADDICT
10-10-2006, 10:16 AM
I am selling a brand new Invidia DP with the divorced wastegate. I would like to get $230 picked up for this as it is brand new. This is the catless DP and I decided that I would rather get somthing with a cat. Local pickup preferred.
Thanks,
Randy

UnderPSI
10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Looks like a good one for Mike (Red GSX)

HP ADDICT
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
I am pretty sure he has a APS catted TBE. Ill sell him this one as a catless swap out though!!

UnderPSI
10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
No cat is the way to go! I never had a cat on any vehicle I have owned yet, (besides the buick) Good luck selling it.

jbiscuit
10-10-2006, 10:40 AM
yea, you don't want a cat

SlowStee
10-10-2006, 11:11 AM
No cat is the way to go! I never had a cat on any vehicle I have owned yet, (besides the buick) Good luck selling it.
He's a little girl..he Doesnt want a BOV on the STI either :stare

grow some balls Randy!

jbiscuit
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
he doesn't need a BOV.

SlowStee
10-10-2006, 11:40 AM
he doesn't need a BOV.
Id still want one in a turbo'd car :banana

HP ADDICT
10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
He's a little girl..he Doesnt want a BOV on the STI either :stare

grow some balls Randy!
I am not really a big fan of useless noise makers that cost $$ and serve absolutely no purpose(short of making your car go rich on shifts). My tuner recommended that I go with a cat or port the turbo to avoid boost creep. Since this is my daily driver and not a race car by any means I don't think the 3 hp I lose with a cat will be a huge issue and my car won't smell like my other catless car...

WilliamZ
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Probably more than a 3hp loss and I didn't know I went to HS with such a Sally :sgay

SlowStee
10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Probably more than a 3hp loss and I didn't know I went to HS with such a Sally :sgay
I rest my case.

nismodave
10-10-2006, 04:20 PM

:rolf :rolf :rolf

HP ADDICT
10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh man oh man what can I say Im a Sally...I guess yeah on my daily driver 3-5hp is not a big deal to me. Main reason is my tuner P&L recommends that I do run a cat to avoid BOOST CREEP. I could care less about a cat and usually I am the first person to say fug it, its free HP. But boost spikes are a common issue on catless STI's due to the wastegate design. So no 3hp is not worth detonating to me. Cobb tuning showed no loss in peak hp with a cat and actually saw a slight boost in TQ with only a 3hp loss of hp in the low end. I am still ditching the cat in the midpipe. Keep in mind this is not a race car for me and I want to keep it quiet also. Me being a Sally for running a cat and doing what a tuner suggests:rolf . My other combo on my non daily car makes that statement rediculous:devil. So since Im such a Sally I am giving someone the chance to get a DP for a guy who has balls at a great deal!

HP ADDICT
10-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Buy Me Now!!

HP ADDICT
10-19-2006, 01:37 PM
No longer for sale..

Cryptic
10-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh man oh man what can I say Im a Sally...I guess yeah on my daily driver 3-5hp is not a big deal to me. Main reason is my tuner P&L recommends that I do run a cat to avoid BOOST CREEP. I could care less about a cat and usually I am the first person to say fug it, its free HP. But boost spikes are a common issue on catless STI's due to the wastegate design. So no 3hp is not worth detonating to me. Cobb tuning showed no loss in peak hp with a cat and actually saw a slight boost in TQ with only a 3hp loss of hp in the low end. I am still ditching the cat in the midpipe. Keep in mind this is not a race car for me and I want to keep it quiet also. Me being a Sally for running a cat and doing what a tuner suggests:rolf . My other combo on my non daily car makes that statement rediculous:devil. So since Im such a Sally I am giving someone the chance to get a DP for a guy who has balls at a great deal!

boost creep was eliviated in my RX7 by porting out my waste gate. :headbang

HP ADDICT
10-19-2006, 07:39 PM
boost creep was eliviated in my RX7 by porting out my waste gate. :headbang
After doing some research I decided to install it figuring hey if I get boost creep I can always get the wastegate ported or a higher wastegate DC tune to get rid of it. The install was cake so if it doesn't work with my Stage 2 Cobb tune oh well. Its almost time to put it up for the winter anyways and I can take care of it over the winter or in spring. I am already getting bored with the 300hp and stage 1 wasn't cutting it. Might be time for a FMIC and a different turbo. Just have to see how much $$ I can save over the winter with paying off the other cars modfest.:devil Now someone give me good rep for sacking up and installing it.