PDA

View Full Version : Flurries on Thursday? Get ready for the salt!

jbiscuit
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I saw this morning on Fox 6 that we could see flurries thursday. I would suggest avoiding areas like Hales Corners that are notorious for dumping metric tons of salt on the roads at the very thought of snow. I hope we do get a few flurries. I'll be ready :devil

juicedimpss
10-09-2006, 03:18 PM
my snow slicks are ready.

Nix
10-09-2006, 03:30 PM
If this is the case my Bonerville will be ready and my TA will begin its hibernation a tad bit early.:crying

PureSound15
10-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd almost rather have Salt like Milwaukee rather then here in Green Bay. They won't even start plowing until after it's done snowing :eek: It gets old REAL fast

Silver350
10-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah I heard that from a friend at work I supose I should get my nasty rims and tires back on the truck soon.

PB86MCSS
10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Ground isn't frozen yet, I wouldn't worry about the salt...although good point about Hales Corners, salt Nazi's. 2-3 years ago it rained on a chilly night and they salted, didn't even freeze that I saw or heard but they let some down. Gay.

If anyone salts it should wash away soon...I might end up sticking my cars away a week earlier this year though.

Lash
10-09-2006, 04:30 PM
My mustang is already rusted so I dont have to worry. :goof

Slow Joe
10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Hrmm looks like it's time to pull the Prizm out and put the Mustang in hibernation if they decide to salt... Wait... What difference would that make, I drove it last winter :goof :rolf At least time to put the stock rims with all-season tires back on incase I get stuck in the snow again with tires that don't handle the snow well, similar to the winter of '04 :rolf Now that was funny... "Hrmmm shit... My car's slowly sliding sideways up this ramp, but it's not going anywhere except towards that curb" :rolf Then I got to back down the on ramp...

pOrk
10-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Snow drags!

I'll be putting the yellow bike away, and back out comes the black ***** bike :-)

scaleracer
10-09-2006, 05:23 PM
now i have more time for slot cars yes:headbang

animal
10-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Hrmm looks like it's time to pull the Prizm out and put the Mustang in hibernation if they decide to salt... Wait... What difference would that make, I drove it last winter :goof :rolf At least time to put the stock rims with all-season tires back on incase I get stuck in the snow again with tires that don't handle the snow well, similar to the winter of '04 :rolf Now that was funny... "Hrmmm shit... My car's slowly sliding sideways up this ramp, but it's not going anywhere except towards that curb" :rolf Then I got to back down the on ramp...

Heh, I'm driving my GT this winter, snow or not :) I do have some bizzaks lined up for it tho. I doubt anything this week will stick to the roads or amount to anything more than just water, especially since they're claiming 50's again friday/sat.

turbogarrett
10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Anybody got some 275/40/17 snow tires I can use at road america this weekend:goof
We had snow the day before the april event and ice under the bridges the day of, so I'm only partially kidding:D

JC70SS
10-09-2006, 09:40 PM
:banana1: Bring it on!!

70challenger
10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
ill have to go pick up the sled for some grass/mud drags

SLOWC5
10-10-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm hoping that the 19th on accuweather is right with the high of 70:)

Cause a super sticky slicks night would net some amazing ETs for me after some testing on sunday:wooo

Slow Joe
10-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Heh, I'm driving my GT this winter, snow or not :) I do have some bizzaks lined up for it tho. I doubt anything this week will stick to the roads or amount to anything more than just water, especially since they're claiming 50's again friday/sat.

I had Bald Drag Radials... :stare Yeah, it wasn't a good choice, BUT it was a nice day when I left... I should of checked the weather ahead of time... Blizzaks make a world of difference over any radial or anything on that car... I had 'em one winter and it was like a low 4x4, it was just unstoppable...

RedGSX
10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
got the clearbra on and bllizzaks on standby. Let the snow fly!! :D

wikked
10-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm hoping that the 19th on accuweather is right with the high of 70:)

weather.com says 56ยบ and rain... side bets on the over/under? :goof