PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch the race?

Flight_740
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
:fire Jr. got robbed. He should have finished 3rd at the very worst. Ran in front all day then gets wrecked on the last lap.:fire

I know a lot of guys here are not fans but I was so pissed.

GRAMPS SS
10-09-2006, 11:18 AM
vickers should of had the win taken away...jmo

RanJer
10-09-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah that sucked for Jr. I haven't liked Vickers ever so his 1st win had no importance to me. Too bad it had to end that way but it pushed my driver up 2 spots so I guess it's cool for me.

GRAMPS SS
10-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Yeah that sucked for Jr. I haven't liked Vickers ever so his 1st win had no importance to me. Too bad it had to end that way but it pushed my driver up 2 spots so I guess it's cool for me.

well vickeers is leaving the team and has not been alowed to be in any meetings....so what did he have to loose......he's gone anyways so his team mate was in front of him so bammmm your out i win....but jr had to suffer from it too....anyone know what place jr ended up in

Flight_740
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
23rd:fire

Flight_740
10-09-2006, 02:51 PM
He is still a gentelman about it.

He didn't wreck anybody on purpose," Earnhardt said. "I think he was just trying to push the No. 48. He didn't think, 'Oh here's my chance and knock them both out.' He just got excited trying to push the No. 48. I don't think he should lose any points or anything. He was just racing hard there

1quickgtp
10-09-2006, 02:56 PM
im glad Jr crashed :) I Was cheering!!! haha

PureSound15
10-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I was surprised at how calm everyone was after the crash... even if it is "just racin" I'd still be ticked that I was taken out on the last lap!

97z2801ss
10-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I was pretty man too

I dont like vickers either or anyone at hendrick really...
Instead of 106 behind now he would have been only 60 behind...
**** vickers

DirtyMax
10-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Vickers went to follow Johnson but once Johnson pulled out of the draft, it's like throwing the anchors out. Vickers still had the draft of 2 cars and that's why he got into the 48. Sucks for JJ and Jr. though. 2 chasers wrecked by a guy who had nothing to lose though...

nismodave
10-10-2006, 05:42 AM
HAHAHA.......Fvck 8. AND 20.

esthirteen
10-10-2006, 11:15 AM
i dont really watch it that often but they brought up the fact that jr crashes people but never gets in trouble. so how should vickers get into trouble?

Flight_740
10-10-2006, 11:19 AM
i dont really watch it that often but they brought up the fact that jr crashes people but never gets in trouble. so how should vickers get into trouble?

When was the last time he did that? When he crashs people, he usually gets taken down with them.

SMS 1
10-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Out of all the possible scenarios I thought "could" happen I didn't honestly think that would be the one that actually would happen.

Rookie mistake or not, like everyone else has already pointed out, what the frick did Vickers care? He had nothing to lose and wanted that win BAD.

I normally can't stand JJ48 but damn, the little speech he gave to the reporter after the race said alot. You could tell how frickin smoked he was. Can you imagine what that meeting was like on Monday morning?

I bet they let Brian into that one.

But at the same time what do they do? He's already out at the end of the season, can't fire him when he just won the race for the team (although he did take out the guy that was actually in the chase). <<<Just another reason this 10 race crap is bullsh1t.

Eh whatever </rant>

ricksws7
10-10-2006, 07:40 PM
That is why B. Vickers will not have a ride worth anything next year. Red bull sponser and will have a hard time even making a race without Hendricks help.B vickers SUCKS bigtime and should have the win taken away. Go Jr. he is still #1 Poor Jimmy Johnson has him for a team mate till the end of the season, If he lasts that long. Rick

DMF_Racing
10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Ii was lucky enought to get tickets to that race.... that was prob. one of the better races this year even tho there were only 3 crashes... 70% of the fans were for Jr. and man there was so much shit being thrown on the track and at vickers car plus the 160,000 fans boooing at him.

http://media.putfile.com/nascar-lap-2

theres the 2nd lap of the race with the cars up to speed... pretty crazy stuff. :wooo

Memphis
10-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Watch the tape close, Vickers did not hit him intentionally. Had Johnson not crashed, there wouldn't have been a mark on his bumper from Vickers car it was that slight a touch. As soon as JJ tried to pash Jr, Jr came down to block, JJ got out of the gas (clearly noticeable in replays) and Vickers already had that run going. I have no preference about Vickers, cant stand JJ (or his twin Gordon), and Jr...well, I can take him or leave him. My point is I'm not biased toward any of them.

97z2801ss
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
eeh either way its over and done with now..... nothings gonna make either of the chase cars 8 & 48 have the points/finishes they would have had....

On to charolette(sp?) Whose gonna do well n who wont guys?

Yooformula
10-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Well when JJ dropped down, naturally the lead would block but Vickers knew he would have taken the air off of JJ when he dropped down behind him again. You can see the setup the moment JJ dropped down that Vickers was going to push past him. JJ never even cleared Jrs car before he pushed down on him. I cant stand JJ but a race that good, its a shame to see the leaders get wrecked by someone that had nothing to gain/lose.

93RedDevilZ28
10-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Ii was lucky enought to get tickets to that race.... that was prob. one of the better races this year even tho there were only 3 crashes... 70% of the fans were for Jr. and man there was so much shit being thrown on the track and at vickers car plus the 160,000 fans boooing at him.

http://media.putfile.com/nascar-lap-2

theres the 2nd lap of the race with the cars up to speed... pretty crazy stuff. :wooo

And it was amazing how TV didn't show Vickers doing his burnouts or the stupid ass junior fans throwing water bottles and beer cans on the track.