PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Internet.....

Car Guy
10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Currently I have Road Runner and I've had it, ever since last X-mas or so the service has been terrible. I'm sick and tired of calling their customer service sitting on hold for at least an hour each time to have them send out another service tech or have us go and get another modem(we're on our 5th one)......

What other options do I have for internet service.....???

All I really do is surf the net, nothing more, but I like sufing at a fast pace.....

Any advice is much appreciated......

Thanks~!

Firefighter Z
10-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Try getting some unwanted/ unessary crap on your computer... That might speed things up a bit.

I've had RR since August with no problems (knock on wood)

Brandon W.
10-07-2006, 11:17 AM
man time warner must suck in the City..i have NEVER had a problem with my cable or RoadRunner.l

Ricky Bobby
10-07-2006, 11:22 AM
car guy were do u live and what other things do u have besides rr from twc i work there and i fixed wikked's rr problem a few months back so lmk

Silver350
10-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I also Had roadrunner for about two months and I haven't had any problems with my internet. It also seems like my internet loads faster here then at work.

TURTLE
10-07-2006, 12:43 PM
i've got rr... no problems... after i fixxed my computer...

Car Guy
10-07-2006, 10:34 PM
I live right by the airport and my computer is cleaned/scanned all the time, it's the service not my computer. Ever since day one we've had issues with the service, we've had 5 visits and 5 modems in the past few years. The thing that bugs me is that at high usage times it almost always comes up as 'page cannot be displayed', it's happend so many times and so often(as of the last 10 months) I can pretty much forsee if I'm going to be able to get on or not......

EVIL AWD
10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your problems with RR. I've had RR for about 4 years now and it's been great to me. Sometimes it's a little slower than others, but for the most part, it's fast and works great! I also have cable service and my phone line through Time Warner as well. I know someone who works there and I get a pretty good deal. I've never really looked into any other serivces so unfortunately, I can't really help you out.

Lash
10-07-2006, 10:44 PM
RR here...zero problems.

Cryptic
10-07-2006, 10:49 PM
RR here...zero problems.
since 2000, called support twice... once a new modem... once some repeater out in the field. Equipement fails, its not their fault.

Brandon W.
10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
i would never think of calling a tech support.i call my Uncle (Pnad). he works for Norlight..which i believe is in Brookfield????

cryptic dont you work at Norlight??

Car Guy
10-07-2006, 11:08 PM
since 2000, called support twice... once a new modem... once some repeater out in the field. Equipement fails, its not their fault.

Do you think that all 4 modems we had were defective? It's hard for me to believe especially when everyone else says they have NO problems......

Ricky Bobby
10-08-2006, 01:30 PM
what does the modem look like when the page says cannot be displayed all lights light up or what i need to know, also i had that prob on my dell the ethernet port kept droppin the IP so i had to do and ipconfig everytime i got on the net it was nothin with my modem so there are a couple things to check

Holeshot
10-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I have been with RR since 2000 and I have had tech here once for a faulty modem and once for a bad line trap( filter) I asked for credit for down time both times and they had no problem with it.

And I am not copying CrypticGTX I have moved twice in that five year span and both problems were at different places.

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
what does the modem look like when the page says cannot be displayed all lights light up or what i need to know, also i had that prob on my dell the ethernet port kept droppin the IP so i had to do and ipconfig everytime i got on the net it was nothin with my modem so there are a couple things to check

I'll have to look at the lights when it happens next time......

theavenger333
10-08-2006, 07:11 PM
i had 2 defective modems in the beginning

Yooformula
10-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I thought mine was slow until I finally replaced my card and now its fast. No complaints from me either and I swore it was my modem at first until I noticed my laptop screams.

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 10:16 PM
There are five lights on my modem....

Power
Data-receive
Data-send
Cable
PC

When its working the power, cable, and PC are illuminated with the PC light flashing every second. When I change the page the two Data lights activate.....

When it doesn't work neither of the two data lights flash when trying to access another page, and instead of the cable light being constant it flashes.....

Ricky Bobby
10-08-2006, 11:55 PM
k then its a cable issue or a modem issue i dont carry equip on my truck no more but i could stop by and check out ur prob and if i cant fix it i have friends who still run service that i trained so let me know when is good for u