PDA

View Full Version : The Absorber!

Adamsy87
10-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Hey guys I just thought I'd pass on some useful information. I picked up one of these "Absorbers". It's a synthetic chamois and OMG this this is awesome. It was only $9.99 at Advance Auto and I still can't get over how well it dried my car. :thumbsup I really have used nothing like it before!

TURTLE
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
it's all i've used for the last 2 seasons... sooooooooo much better than a natural chamois...

wikked
10-05-2006, 03:31 PM
waterblade > *

TURTLE
10-05-2006, 03:32 PM
waterblade, then absorber.... sooo nice

Flight_740
10-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Water blade and a Cotton towel.

Adamsy87
10-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Yea I've used the water blade too. They both beat having to wash and dry my towels everytime I wash the car!

nismodave
10-05-2006, 04:15 PM
California Waterblade left silicone streaks on my car.......Sat on my self for years until I threw it away last winter.

Ive been using an ABSORBER for 10 years. (Not the same one) An EXCELLENT PRODUCT.

Slow Joe
10-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Hrmmm I may have to make an investment... I use to use my roommates waterblade, but I no longer have him as my roommate :rolf No more freeloading waterblades..

Cryptic
10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Absorber since 2001 here..

Walmart has them for 6 ot 7 bucks I think,

wikked
10-05-2006, 05:00 PM
California Waterblade left silicone streaks on my car.......Sat on my self for years until I threw it away last winter.

How hard were you wiping :stare

I've used one for 6yrs, never had that happen.

A B4C Z
10-05-2006, 06:32 PM
I bought an absorber and I persoaly tought it sucked. Maybe i got a bad one but it left so many water streaks it was unreal. I went right back to my chamios.

Just curious..are any of you using it on a black car?

WATER BLADE<absorber

Also try the microfiber drying towels they kick ass to!

Kyle

STKMACH
10-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I bought an absorber and I persoaly tought it sucked. Maybe i got a bad one but it left so many water streaks it was unreal. I went right back to my chamios.

Also try the microfiber drying towels they kick ass to!

KyleYes they do.:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
i had the absorber when i had my black Monte SS...it worked great...if i ever get another black car i'll use it...i still have it in the tube....best thing i ever used....should of got stock in the company way back then....i think back then mine was like 4.99 at wally world...

mike90lxII
10-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Man you guys are behind on the times. I have been using the absorber since 94-95

GRAMPS SS
10-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Got Mine In 90 When I Bought The Carso I'm Ahead Of The Times A Little

pickardracing
10-05-2006, 07:58 PM
I learned quick that the best way to dry is to correctly learn how to rinse.

Top to bottom with a steady hose, no end on it, sheeting the water off the car and leaving literally half the water.

A quick once-over with a good quality soft towel and I'm done. I've tried all that waterblade, absorber, chamois stuff and none of it compares to just doing it right when rinsing. Half the work.

JMO.

animal
10-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I've tried the water blade, I still use it on the windows only, but there's nowhere for the dirt to go on the waterblade besides across your paint. I put numerous very fine scratches in my finish with that damn thing, even when the car was completely clean.

Hands down the best way to dry the car is the leaf blower. It also allows you to get all the water out of the mirrors and cracks so there's no damn water running out of those areas while you're waxing. That's something the towels or blade will never do.

nismodave
10-05-2006, 08:13 PM
YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS

Next time you wash your car, when you do your FINAL RINSE, take the sray nozle off the the hose, then rinse from the roof down.

It will cut your drying time in half.:headbang

BadAzzGTA89
10-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I've tried the water blade, I still use it on the windows only, but there's nowhere for the dirt to go on the waterblade besides across your paint. I put numerous very fine scratches in my finish with that damn thing, even when the car was completely clean.

Hands down the best way to dry the car is the leaf blower. It also allows you to get all the water out of the mirrors and cracks so there's no damn water running out of those areas while you're waxing. That's something the towels or blade will never do.
Sounds good will have to try that:thumbsup

wikked
10-05-2006, 10:03 PM

That's what that small ledge is for on the blade, it's where the dirt goes.
If you notice it's always dirty in the crack (like most hwy chicks), while the top is always clean.
<--- scratch-free.

Yooformula
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
low pressure rinse, followed by a leaf blower. If I have sny water spots I just use a microfiber with spray detailer. I have had the same microfiber towel for almost 4-5 years.

Cryptic
10-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Man you guys are behind on the times. I have been using the absorber since 94-95

I didnt have a car worth drying until 2001

Adamsy87
10-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I didnt have a car worth drying until 2001

lol yea thats where I'm at. I finally have a nice car for a daily driver so I am trying to keep it as nice as possible. The only problem is I don't have a garage to keep it in during the summer so it see's all elements. I've been washing it at least twice a week and findin things that work!

With the waterblade I always hated gettin in the different crevices and body lines. But thats just me and I was always afraid of scratching..

Syclone0044
10-06-2006, 12:39 AM
I am on my 3rd Absorber now. I use the older ones only for doing the ground effects which collect the most dirt/debris.

I also got my 2nd water blade, but this one is called California Jelly Blade, it has a flexible red handle that allows it to bend around curves, very nice. My truck is black and while I don't have the ambition to keep it show-condition, I can't say that the absorber or water blade have caused any scratches in the paint?

As for you guys who suggest using an "open hose end" to do the final rinse, I've never heard of that - what is the difference between that and just spraying it? I don't understand what it would do? I'll have to try it next time I wash my car and see what happens. :thumbsup

pickardracing
10-06-2006, 01:50 PM
As for you guys who suggest using an "open hose end" to do the final rinse, I've never heard of that - what is the difference between that and just spraying it? I don't understand what it would do? I'll have to try it next time I wash my car and see what happens. :thumbsup
More water to sheet off rather than bead up.

When you use the open hose end, it allows a continuous, strady stream of low pressure water to lay on the car rather than spraying bajillions of little waterdrops everywhere.

If your paint has a good coat of wax like mine does, you'll be lucky to have maybe 10 drops on the hood of the car. Like I said, the final rinse is the key. I was a detailer for years, trust me, this is the best way.