PDA

View Full Version : F*ckIng Wisconsin Muffler

Silver350
10-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah stay clear of the place on lincoln. They do half a$$ work. I had my two mufflers put on my truck two weeks ago by them, and had the exhaust pipes even out.

Before I left the shop I had problems, the idiot locked my keys in my truck with the damn truck running. When I told them I dont carry a spare they said why dont you have one. You should carry one on you. I told them I dont carry a key because I am not dumb enough to lock them in my truck and with keyless entry I have gotten use to having them on me at all times. They then said well we can drive you to your place to get the spare. I told them what good is that going to do my key is in the truck. So they ended up calling a towing service to come and get me in my truck.

On the road heading back to my appartment after the work. I heard the sound of leaking exhaust and guess it was probally the weld on the exhaust or something. I figure f- it I am not going back now I have things to do. I get home and noticed when they straightened the pipes they turned the right one in order to line it up so the long part of the tip is cocked to the side. So I am going to have to have them fix that.

Well today topped it off I was going out to lunch and I was driving down greenfield I hit a bump and the damn exhaust fell off the truck on the left side from the hanger back to the tip were they welded the pipe to the truck.

So yeah take it to me dont ever go there for exhaust work.

FANAT1C
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
I couldnt agree with you more. I've had a few bad experiences there. I now pretty much only go to the Midas in Hales Corners. Midas has done a couple custom exhausts for me and I have yet to have any problems.

jbiscuit
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
+1 for Midas in hales corners

84hurst
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
I was driving down greenfield I hit a bump and the damn exhaust fell off the truck

:rolf Sorry to laugh, but that is kinda funny. But point taken, I need some exhaust work done and definately won't be taking it there!

Silver350
10-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I am sure after today I will laugh about the exhaust falling off but right now I am just pissed about their service so far. I should of took it to Midas. What the heck was I thinking.

88Nightmare
10-04-2006, 02:23 PM
BMS in Waukesha did the custom exhaust on my 02 Silverado, and I thought they did an excellent job, quick, and reasonably priced

johnny--2k
10-04-2006, 02:34 PM
+1 for Midas in hales corners

-1 for Midas in HC....they f-d the exhaust on my S2000...had to go back 3 times before he got the welds right, and it looked like ass......I ended up going to another midas by my house that basically had to start over.

Flight_740
10-04-2006, 02:37 PM
BMS in Waukesha did the custom exhaust on my 02 Silverado, and I thought they did an excellent job, quick, and reasonably priced

HAHA, BMS!! That guy will do work for cases of soda!:rolf :rolf

88Nightmare
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
he sure will, and he'd drink it all himself. still a nice guy tho

UnderPSI
10-04-2006, 02:43 PM
The dude at BMS did my 67 mustang exhaust from scratch including removable H pipe for $375 real nice work

Ricky Bobby
10-04-2006, 02:46 PM
will midas install duals without the cats i have my 76 caprice which is gettin headers and i have the flowmasters for it but everywere keeps tellin me i have to put cats on it if so f-it and ill leave it stock

Flight_740
10-04-2006, 02:54 PM
will midas install duals without the cats i have my 76 caprice which is gettin headers and i have the flowmasters for it but everywere keeps tellin me i have to put cats on it if so f-it and ill leave it stock

Talk to BMS.

Not saying they have ever done it for me though;)

hot67kamaro
10-04-2006, 02:56 PM
no midas won't touch it with out cats

jbiscuit
10-04-2006, 03:07 PM
no midas won't touch it with out cats

wrong.:rolf

Lash
10-04-2006, 04:08 PM
-1 for Midas in HC

x2

A few years ago I took a car in to get some chambered mufflers welded in. The welded them in the wrong way (reverse flow)....the mufflers even had BIG arrows on them :chair:

Flight_740
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
x2

A few years ago I took a car in to get some chambered mufflers welded in. The welded them in the wrong way (reverse flow)....the mufflers even had BIG arrows on them :chair:

Did they make it right?

Lash
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Did they make it right?

I didnt even bother. Hacked em off a welded them in the right way myself.

SSDude
10-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Wisconsin Muffler used to do good work at a reasonable price. They used to be ok up until a couple of years ago when the totally misdiagnosed an exhaust leak and tried to sell me on $600 in repairs i didn't need. I wouldn't send anyone to the hacks.

nitrous
10-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Same thing here in Racine the one on Hwy 11 and Lathrop put a fricken CarSound cat on my winter beater! ('89 Cherokee) What a bunch of jags.

Yooformula
10-04-2006, 05:17 PM
gotta talk to the right people and drop the right names.

88Nightmare
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I didnt even bother. Hacked em off a welded them in the right way myself.

why didnt ya just weld em on yourself in the first place? :confused :D :goof

Lash
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
why didnt ya just weld em on yourself in the first place? :confused :D :goof

Cause I dont have a tube bender :chair: (some modification was required to install mufflers)

:thumbsup

PureSound15
10-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Dennis and Paul at Midas in Hales Corners have done a lot of work for me, friends, and family and I've never had a problem with any of their work.

The few times that I've been in a crunch they've always helped me out getting stuff done in time for shows.

I'm not sure I'd trust anyone else there though.

Feature Pony
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Mike's Automotive in South Milwaukee on college and N. Chicago does really good work, but if you don't have cats he wont touch it, so put the cats on then take them off after the work.. He even bends nice 3 inch..

88Nightmare
10-04-2006, 06:04 PM
this is a random question but does anyone know who can bend 5" or 6" exhaust for a diesel?

PB86MCSS
10-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I always heard good things about the Midas in HC. Only experience I had was last year at this time, had one exhaust pipe bent from road construction but they couldn't do a mandrel bend so no fix....but they were relatively friendly and up front about everything and no charge, even after taking some time and putting it up on a lift to inspect it on a very busy Saturday afternoon.

Brian98GTP
10-04-2006, 08:17 PM
A guy I used to work with took his Explorer in to Wisconsin Muffler for some work. He gets a phonecall at work the next day from them, telling him to come down there because they had some 'problems' with his vehicle.
Turns out, the fvcking thing FELL OFF THE LIFT!! Nobody was hurt or came close to getting hurt, but the Explorer was really fvcked up and they gave him the run around on how they werent responsible for damage to his vehicle????!!!!??? He finally got their insurance to cover it, but it was like pulling teeth according to him. :chair:

Firefighter Z
10-04-2006, 09:47 PM
A guy I used to work with took his Explorer in to Wisconsin Muffler for some work. He gets a phonecall at work the next day from them, telling him to come down there because they had some 'problems' with his vehicle.
Turns out, the fvcking thing FELL OFF THE LIFT!! Nobody was hurt or came close to getting hurt, but the Explorer was really fvcked up and they gave him the run around on how they werent responsible for damage to his vehicle????!!!!??? He finally got their insurance to cover it, but it was like pulling teeth according to him. :chair:

There not responsible for it yet there the fu<kers that drove it into the garage and put it on the lift... People these days, they don't wanna fess up to the shiat they do.

HITMAN
10-05-2006, 01:09 AM
this is a random question but does anyone know who can bend 5" or 6" exhaust for a diesel?

Nobody can. If you want exhaust that large, you'll have to buy pre-made mandrel bends, cut them and weld them in yourself (or have a shop do it for you).

88Nightmare
10-05-2006, 01:13 AM
ooo, didnt know that. thanks for the info

Syclone0044
10-05-2006, 01:14 AM
http://www.ncrperformance.com/ in Hustisford

"Here at NCR we can do many different exhausts:

We have a bender that can bend 1"-3"

We can custom make mandrel exhaust from 1"-6""

Might be worth giving them a call.

88Nightmare
10-05-2006, 01:15 AM
well if they can bend pieces for me, that would be cool, I can weld it up myself.

JC70SS
10-05-2006, 12:23 PM
FYI, Clint has his own shop and does this stuff.....VERY well done on my 3" system.

nitrous
10-06-2006, 05:30 PM
Might want to check out Huckstorf Diesel in Franklin as well. They wouldn't bend a 4" turbo back for my car because it was gasoline powered...

Berettaspeed
10-07-2006, 02:35 PM

maybe cause its illegal to let a car leave a shop without cats that came with them from the factory. i think its up to $25,000 fine?? but your best luck it to find somone you know....

rally_scort
10-07-2006, 06:05 PM
http://www.ncrperformance.com/ in Hustisford

"Here at NCR we can do many different exhausts:

We have a bender that can bend 1"-3"

We can custom make mandrel exhaust from 1"-6""

Might be worth giving them a call.

NCR is outta business.If anybody on here is intersted in a lift,crush bender,or dyno they have all three for sale.If anybody is intersted i can get you in contact with the guy(matt maas) whos selling the stuff.