PDA

View Full Version : CHP Charity Run

Goat Roper
10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Essentially this is a yearly event put on to benefit the CHP 11-99 Foundation. That organization provides assistance to families of officers who are injured or killed on the job. This year the organizer rounded up about 150 exotics to participate and it was quite an impressive showing.

The event starts in Woodland Hills and runs about 30 miles to Simi Valley with traffic reduction assistance along the way provided by the California Highway Patrol who are so busy blocking on-ramps they sort of fail to notice the participant's speed if you get my drift.

The run ends at a golf course called Lost Canyons in Simi Valley where a golf tournament is held. I decided that I would be better off not getting in the middle of the run and just went straight to the course to wait for the train of cars to arrive. I've seen a lot of exotics in my days, but never a gathering as impressive as this one. Highlights included 2 Ferrari Enzos, 2 McLaren SLRs, 4 Carrera GTs, countless Lambo Murcielagos, F430s, Ferrari 360s, Lambo Gallardos, Ford GTs and all sorts of other things thrown in the mix.

Shortly after the cars arrived it began to rain which put a damper on the golf event, but I think the drive up was worth it for most of the participants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Fem5rbLNk

TURTLE
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
anyone else here spot the old mustang in the bunch? 66 is my guess, but i'm not much of a mustang expert...

cool bunch of cars...

PureSound15
10-04-2006, 12:04 AM
What an awesome sounding pack of cars.

I saw the mustang but... couldn't tell ya what year it is. I like the green Lambo, that color stands out and if I'm driving a lambo.... I'm gonna wanna stand out:headbang

CruxGNZ
10-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Holy shit, a Vector! Don't see to many of those around. Awsome video! Did you guys see his other videos?

UnderPSI
10-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Man, you don't see that everyday. Those cop cars were flying too. That is pretty cool to see that many supercars in on spot let alone flying down the freeway

Flight_740
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Great how it's lawfull to speed only when it's a chartiy helping the police:rolleyes:

But I did notice a few Luxury sedans in the mix.

scaleracer
10-04-2006, 03:56 PM
also a 2006 mustang in the last part:thumbsup looks cool thanks for sharing that with us