PDA

View Full Version : First Honda into the 7's....just happened!!!! 7.95@179mph

EVIL AWD
09-30-2006, 09:13 PM
This is words right from Stephanie herself.....

Yes, it's true, finally a Honda in the 7's (not to mention the first Hot Rod car this year in the 7's)! This was our first "official" 7...
R/T .096
60' 1.319
330 3.510
1/8 5.215
MPH 147.01
1000 6.702
1/4 7.957
MPH 179.52

Thanks for all the support.

Stephanie

http://media.putfile.com/eggum795

:wow :stare :banana :banana1: :banana :banana1:

Bee
09-30-2006, 09:26 PM
nice no doubt...

i'll be happy with a 9sec street honda..hehe!!! :goof

wikked
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Is that even a Honda anymore?

EVIL AWD
10-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Is that even a Honda anymore?

Yes, still unibody and a surprisingly very basic setup.

Chadwich
10-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Good god thats quick:thumbsup :eek:

WilliamZ
10-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Damn! That's movin' :wooo

DSMDuDE
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
She's yummy Mmmmmm

Flight_740
10-02-2006, 10:34 AM

Then why isnt everybody doing it?:confused

EVIL AWD
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM

Lots of people are making the power. The magic is in her chassis setup and that I don't know anything about. But her motor/trans/turbo, anybody could do easily.

Syclone0044
10-02-2006, 06:33 PM
:rolf Great question! :thumbsup

Can we get some details on the powerplant and drivetrain? This isn't the 5.0L 4 cylinder custom block, custom everything import I saw in NHRA 2 years ago is it?

EVIL AWD
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Can we get some details on the powerplant and drivetrain? This isn't the 5.0L 4 cylinder custom block, custom everything import I saw in NHRA 2 years ago is it?

No, no, no, guys come on....This is a 1.9 liter factory Honda block....

AEBS Sleeved Block
84mm Bore
Stock crank
Off the shelf CP pistons 9.7:1 compression
STOCK oilpump
Golden Eagle head studs
Golden eagle 84mm headgasket
GRP Aluminum Rods
CNC ported GSR Head
Ferea Valvetrain and Rollerocker setup
Crane Roller Cams
Clevite Bearings

GT42R 74mm
ETHANOL

NO Vtec
NO nitrous

I believe she is running a Liberty Gear set in her transmission now, but I know for sure up until the end of last year she was running a stock Honda tranny and was running low 8's without any major problems. I believe she only broke 1st gear once and 2nd gear twice, throughout the whole year. She's also running a Tilton carbon/carbon clutch.

See nothing special really. Not a bunch of custom one-off pieces like you probably expected.

BigSnailBuick
10-02-2006, 11:49 PM

No offense man but there is nothing basic about that setup.....Unless you mean basically the same as the rest or the pro drag hondas.

Syclone0044
10-03-2006, 12:45 AM
Sounds a lot like John Shepherd's.. Race tranny, 2 liter 4 cylinder on alcohol. I'm sure this car is a lot lighter though. Hopefully some of these cars will become more popular in the future, to the point you might see high tech cars racing competitively at GLD instead of nitrous big blocks.

TopStreetDsm
10-03-2006, 02:04 AM
No offense man but there is nothing basic about that setup.....Unless you mean basically the same as the rest or the pro drag hondas.

I would have to agree with mike on this one. I was there looking and listening to the thing. Its a front halfed piece of sheet metal that looks like a civic coupe, with a cage in it. Under the 1-piece front end is a cell, a a bunch of bars and a turbo. There wasnt much else. No altinator, water pump, intercooler, radiator, nothing. Going full alky makes some aspects of the setup so much easier. Making it a full drag car just finishes it off.

Not like they didnt have money into that setup with the stacker trailer and freakin semi they were living in. But some stuff just gets easier when you do it that way. If I were to guess, I would say, that is what they meant by simple.

Good looking car though. Sounded great. Its kinda weird to hear something like that at GLD. It really caught me off guard. I had no idea that it was a record holding/breaking setup. Very cool.

EVIL AWD
10-03-2006, 05:25 AM

When I said it was very basic setup I was referring to the motor/trans/turbo. These are all off the shelf pieces that anyone can obtain. I'm not saying they are parts that the every day Honda on the street would be running but just about every other drag Honda has more custom engine parts than this. This car does not have the custom one-off pieces that you would assume would be on a car like this. Obviously as I stated before, the magic is in the chassis setup which is another thing altogether. The chassis is obviously very customized and NOT basic, but I was just surprised at how basic her engine setup was. I have seen and been around a lot of pro Honda drag setups and this is one of the most basic I have ever seen.

Syclone0044
10-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Hats off to them for their efforts :thumbsup

Bee
10-03-2006, 02:44 PM
When I said it was very basic setup I was referring to the motor/trans/turbo. These are all off the shelf pieces that anyone can obtain. I'm not saying they are parts that the every day Honda on the street would be running but just about every other drag Honda has more custom engine parts than this. This car does not have the custom one-off pieces that you would assume would be on a car like this. Obviously as I stated before, the magic is in the chassis setup which is another thing altogether. The chassis is obviously very customized and NOT basic, but I was just surprised at how basic her engine setup was. I have seen and been around a lot of pro Honda drag setups and this is one of the most basic I have ever seen.

hehe... that's why hondas are good honrods... i mean hotrods.modern hotrods.. so easy to make them go fast... off the shelf parts and you easily see 11s... just a tad bit and you see high 7s...hehe!!!! :thumbsup

wikked
10-03-2006, 07:51 PM
hehe... that's why hondas are good honrods... i mean hotrods.modern hotrods.. so easy to make them go fast... off the shelf parts and you easily see 11s... just a tad bit and you see high 7s...hehe!!!! :thumbsup

You can do that easily with any car........... with enough money.
If it was that easy all the 15yr olds on HWY would be running around with 11second hondas instead of 16second hondas. =P

"off the shelf" parts are easy to buy when you have a sponsor, or run a shop :goof

TURTLE
10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
If it was that easy all the 15yr olds on HWY would be running around with 11second hondas instead of 16second hondas. =P

"off the shelf" parts are easy to buy when you have a sponsor, or run a shop :goof

16 second hondas... dems the fast ones.. i think the world has moved on to cavaliers and neons:(

or evos and sti's...(no offense to anyone who has one and drives it properly)

Al
10-05-2006, 09:34 AM

Wasn't that one rear-drive?

micro_machine
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM

16s honduhs damn thats fast even faster then those 17s pigs they call eclipse RS lol......