PDA

View Full Version : factory gm trailer wiring harness

88Nightmare
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM
as many of you know, 99 and newer chevy trucks came with a wiring harness for your trailer brake controller. you simply plug it into your fuse panel and wire the other end in with your brake controller. when i bought my controller new, it came with a sheet that told me how to color match vehicle specific color patterns with my controller, however I lost that sheet. anyone know what colors match to what on this wiring harness? I believe the harness has 5 or 6 wires, only 4 will be used, but which ones? and no smart ass comments telling me to match colors together, it isnt that easy, chevy had to make their trailer wiring difficult and random ass colors like 2 different shades of brown, one blue, a black, and other shit.

DirtyMax
10-04-2006, 08:19 AM
I had the pigtail and sheet in my 05 forever. I just traded it in and I might have actually kept those two things. Let me look later on. If you don't wanna wait, go check out www.chevytruckworld.com They have some forums there. You might be able to find it there.

DirtyMax
10-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Check your PM's mang...

88Nightmare
10-05-2006, 01:16 AM
got the pm. so now I need to figure out what colors hook up to what lol

88Nightmare
10-05-2006, 01:23 AM
ok looked up my Tekonsha manual online and from what I gather, here is what im working with:
on the truck:
Dk Blue - trailer brake controller switched output
Red - trailer brake controller battery feed (12V+)
Black - ground
Lt Blue - vehicle stop lamp switch to brake controller input
Brown - brake controller illumination

on the controller:
black - positive battery
white - negative battery
red - cold side of stoplight switch
blue - output to trailer brakes

hmmm

88Nightmare
10-05-2006, 01:28 AM
nevermind, found a brake controller wiring harness chart on tekonshas website for specific manufacturers. thanks for the help 4eyed!