PDA

View Full Version : Another 9second pass with videos!

TopStreetDsm
09-25-2006, 09:36 PM
The track was a little slippery this import wars compaired to slicks night. I was still able to pull of a decent time without the stage bulb ferries and limited traction.

http://jhracing.net/images/9.5_slip_1_300_x_400_.jpg

*Right click and Save*

Side View (http://jhracing.net/files/jake9.5-150.MPG)

In Car (http://jhracing.net/files/9.5_150_InCar_crop.mov)

From the Stands (http://jhracing.net/files/9.5_150_2.mpg)

Lash
09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Sweet....saw em on youe site before you even posted this :devil

WhatsADSM
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I see you got the 150mph back. That just from lack of traction, or you do more in the power dept.?

Congrats.

TopStreetDsm
09-26-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks,

Power and Traction. The Timing map is very under tuned at this point but the 45psi kick the power back to were it should be. Actually, the power was better on this run compaired to others. The 60' being higher and matching the 150 trap means that it got there "stronger" and faster. If that makes sense. & the 1/8mi showed 120mph. I have never trapped this high here before. But the Logs showed slip in first and second. Maybe this is why???

Bee
09-26-2006, 05:03 PM
nice....:)

WhatsADSM
09-27-2006, 07:25 PM
I see what your saying about the 120... That's a full 3mph faster than the last slip you posted up, so yea it sounds like stronger all around.

I've also been wondering about the rule of thumb of more tire spin = faster mph. I have a few slips where I drop slick pressure, get better traction and end up with faster mphs at both lights?! Just soo many variables at play, especially when its a human doing the gear shifting.

In any case sounds like the car still has more in it both boost wise and tuning wise. Good luck with it if you go out again this year!

TopStreetDsm
09-27-2006, 11:36 PM
I lost horse power on the top of the track on that run. This new tune is not perfect yet. I am only in the poorly tuned areas for a short amount of time in 1st 2nd & 3rd. In 4th that was the only section I am in. Considering that I am in forth from the 1/8th mile... there is a higher trap and better topend pull in it soon.

I dont know if I am going to be able to get out again this year. I pulled the trans for inspection after that run, and The clutch has had it. The ring gear got hot enough to come off. Blah Blah. I dont have a whole lot of work to do, but waiting for parts this late in the year is going to be a pain in the a$$.

I am also in the process of some super secret turbo R&D. I am not going to be coming into the 07 season unprepared.

TopStreetDsm
09-28-2006, 12:14 AM
BTW: Lash! The hits on my site after posting the videos on the Grand Prix page are unreal! Not complaining, I was just amazed at how many people are on that board.:wooo

Thanks for the good word man!

Jake

Russ Jerome
10-01-2006, 12:56 AM
the 1/8mi showed 120mph. I have never trapped this high here before. But the Logs showed slip in first and second. Maybe this is why???

Yup exactly why, tire spin early on will net your highest
MPH. Picture your car doing 10mph faster but sitting still
at the tree, now you leave the tree at 10mph but you ET
changes due to lack of momentum. Its been explained a
few times online but until you read your own slips it doesnt
make sense right :) Great runs as usual man keep it up!

My best street tired ETs were 12.0's at 115 bogging.
My best MPH have been 119-120 but slower 12.5's.
The MPH pass's were ungodly tire smokers while the
best ETs were boring looking launchs.

TopStreetDsm
10-01-2006, 03:13 AM
Yup exactly why, tire spin early on will net your highest
MPH.

You know, its funny that you mention that. The reason that I am convinced that the car is making more power down low and loosing it on the back half of the track is because of the launch. It showed spin in 1st and 2nd but kept relitively low times. I had my best "recorded" 60', 330', 1/8th, and 1/4mile but highest mph's.

I wish that I had more time this year for the test and tune. I am stuck waiting for a set of clutch discs though. I hurt them on the pass "before" this run, so I might have been able to still use them. But... I dont like to chance it with discs that have 9,500 rpm of anger built up in them.

Thanks for the congrats though!

I am looking forward to the already "set in motion" plans I have, seeing your car down there with the slicks of doom!!!:shades

Jake

TransAm12sec
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice 1000' time.

Man the rpms come down fast for shifts.

micro_machine
10-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Good job Jake keep up the good work. :thumbsup see you at the next import wars.

TopStreetDsm
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks Micro!

I am planning on being down there, but I have already started the "winter build" so we will see.