PDA

View Full Version : 89 Civic Si Type R Swapped

ThatWhiteCivic
09-25-2006, 12:47 PM
My buddy is selling his car, and I agreed to help him. It's not a muscle car, but it ain't slow either.
89 Civic Si
The Good:
'96 Spec JDM Type R Swap (approx 1 year/15,000 mi. in the US)
Hasport Mounts
Hasport Cable to Hydro Tranny Conversion
Toicko Illuminas (5 way adjustables)
Toicko Springs
Vibrant Exhaust Manifold
Omni Test Pipe
RS*R ExMag Catback
Short Ram Intake
6'' Velocity Stack
Oil is changed religiously every 1500 miles with Mobil One Sythetic.
Compression is 236 accross the board.
Interior is pretty clean with one chunk out of the driver seat. Previous
owner got hungry?
Car sits on drag radials in the front, all seasons in the back, wrapped in EX Hubcaps.
This car is a total sleeper; See: The Bad
The Bad:
The body is in rough shape. One door and one fender is rusted through. There are small spots of rust on the rear wheel wells. My plan was to replace the fender and the door, and then paint the car. The quarterpanel rust is less than most Wisconsin cars, so I wasn't concerned about the door and the fender since they can be replaced at the junkyard. One front fender is perfect, but it is a greyish color instead of black. The front bumper fittment is poor because of a small fender bender, but I have a new bumper coming in the mail as we speak.
Price:
I could go ahead and say $5500, and wait until the first offer of $5200, but let's be realistic, you won't pay the price I ask. So, my absolute rock bottom price is $5200. Do the math, the swap and the mounts with the conversion will cost more than this. So you're getting a free car and all the accesories.
I am selling because Honda's are getting stolen like nothing in Milwaukee and I will soon lose access to my secure garage. Might be interested in trades for non-Hondas.

Pics can be found here
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1762390

sloLs1
09-25-2006, 06:09 PM
pics???

send to strokedevo@rock.com

ThatWhiteCivic
09-25-2006, 09:37 PM
I updated the original post with pics, found here
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1762390

awsomeears
09-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Man thats alot of $ for a ok looking civic, im clueless to the swaps and stuff but yikes !!!!!!!!!!!!

What HP does that thing put out ?

ThatWhiteCivic
09-25-2006, 11:44 PM
I would say around 180-185 whp in a 2100 lb. car and a 200 lbs. driver it should be good for a mid 13 sec. timeslip.

theavenger333
09-26-2006, 11:17 AM
heck that RS*R is alone worth like 500.

ThatWhiteCivic
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
200 flywheel horespower from the factory,
high compression, lsd trans, agressive cams, factory ported head and manifold...ect.ect.
RSR is hawt!
Motor costs almost 5k shipped to your door fyi
B18C 96-97 (TypeR) Motor, Tranny, ECU