PDA

View Full Version : Trans problems finally fixed!

Syclone0044
09-22-2006, 02:09 PM
I feel like a broken record when people ask how my truck is doing, its always the same answer "Still trying to get the tranny sorted out" well Wednesday night I pulled an all nighter to try and get it together for Super Sticky Thursday and managed to finish just in time to test it and go directly to the track!! I made 4 changes to the valve body (two springs, removing a shim, and adding a checkball) and went out to test it and FINALLY!!! IT SHIFTS 3-4 AT WOT, EVERY TIME!! :headbang

What a friggin relief - I've been chasing this problem for about a year and a half. At the track I made 9 passes and every single time it shifted 3-4 no problem!! Yippee...!!! :thumbsup
:banana1:

Nix
09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Very nice job man! I bet it feels great knowing that you persoanlly fixed the problem too.:thumbsup Very rewarding.:headbang

UnderPSI
09-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Glad you got it figured out. And figured out your self for that matter. Now it is time to have fun with it.

Reverend Cooper
09-22-2006, 06:56 PM
way cool sounds like the frustrations are over

Greg@GLD
09-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Congrats Josh...! :D

GTSLOW
09-25-2006, 01:56 PM
I feel like a broken record when people ask how my truck is doing, its always the same answer "Still trying to get the tranny sorted out" well Wednesday night I pulled an all nighter to try and get it together for Super Sticky Thursday and managed to finish just in time to test it and go directly to the track!! I made 4 changes to the valve body (two springs, removing a shim, and adding a checkball) and went out to test it and FINALLY!!! IT SHIFTS 3-4 AT WOT, EVERY TIME!! :headbang

What a friggin relief - I've been chasing this problem for about a year and a half. At the track I made 9 passes and every single time it shifted 3-4 no problem!! Yippee...!!! :thumbsup
:banana1:

Finally!! :thumbsup

So how about Road America Next Month? :banana

A B4C Z
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
nice job! Well what did it run at the track?

Kyle

WilliamZ
09-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Awesome! Glad you got it sorted out.

Syclone0044
09-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Finally!! :thumbsup

So how about Road America Next Month? :banana
HELL'S Yeah!!! That's the best part, now that it does 3-4 upshifts, Road America should be "NO PROBLEM!!" I might end up Smokin' the tranny by the end of the weekend, if so then oh well!! Time to upgrade to something bigger & better, although it'd be a shame if I smoked it after spending 2 years to get it set up right! http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/joint.gif

I've gotta get the race pads/rotors broke in, but I'm definitely looking forward to running again...finally!

Syclone0044
09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
nice job! Well what did it run at the track?

Kyle
Unfortunately I still have a top end power problem so it didn't run any faster with the trans fixed than before. I'm trying to solve it his week. http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/hehe.gif