PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Zoom Zoom Live! Chicago

Cryptic
09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
October 7th and 8th
Register online!
https://www.zoomzoomlive.com/index.htm

I had a good time last year doing this. I highly recommend. Heck its free.

TransAm12sec
09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
AHHHHHH man I want to go to this. I just don't have a way to get there from the Twin Cities.

Can you register for both days?

Cryptic
09-23-2006, 09:54 PM
you dont even really have to pre-register. you can sign up at the gate, it just takes a little longer.

TURTLE
09-23-2006, 09:54 PM
dang i hate working weekends... :(

anyone want to go into work for me...

Cryptic
09-23-2006, 10:15 PM
dang i hate working weekends... :(
anyone want to go into work for me...

no... not really.

Yep.. definetly no.

Car Guy
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm going to really try and make it, anyone else going......???

Prince Valiant
10-05-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm going...Hey Andy, why don't you post the vid from last year? Anyone up for bob chinn's afterward?

TURTLE
10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
i'm free on saturday now.. anyone wanna carpool down/back?

Cryptic
10-05-2006, 04:37 PM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/video/zoomzoom_web.wmv

I removed the high resolution video a long while ago.

Cryptic
10-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Chris and I are leaving at 7am Sunday.

1quickgtp
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
well I went today. I got 175 points total :) 50 from being first for the hour on the mazdaspeed challenge!!!

the cx-7 hunt thing SUCKS, it KILLED ME I got 5 out of 12 BOTH times!!!

the time matching thing I got a 33.024 and a 33.432 ( time to get was a 33.000, I used a mazda5 both times

I spent most of my day at the mazdaspeed challenge ( mostly spent 3 hours JUST waiting!!! lets see who can beat my 32.51 then they thought the clocks were messed up cause it was fast compared to others, so they recailbrated them and made me go again and got a 32.59 HAHAHHAHHAHAHAH :thumbsup ( there time to beat was 34.50 ) ( I was also the quickest for the day but left at 4 30ish) AND I beat there demonstrator driver lol

I went 4 times

34.48 ( wouldnt go in 2nd at first )
33.31 ( tried to get better, but tried to hard )
( only the first 2 trys count!! )

as for the track....follow your line, brake early, accelerate out ( like your supposed too ) after the first turn, shift into 2nd an LEAVE IT in second :) also, stay away from car # 9, clutch is TOTALLY shot!!!!! also, you can NOT shift THAT fast from 1st to 2nd, it will not go in, and it just grind on you. ( it did that on my 34 sec run, and thats why I got a 34 lol

drove the rx8's. I dropped the clutch at like 7k an did a lil smokey and got one of my corners cut off my neck thing lol
also that lil miata is a blast!!!!!!

over all GREAT time, FOOD is a major rip off, 6 bux for a SMALL hut dog, small bag of chips and a 12 oz soda!!! lmao, they must be on crack if they think im going to pay that!!

anyways, let me know what you guys get.

Cryptic
10-07-2006, 10:09 PM
any freebies for scoring big?

Last year I we got T-shirts and hats and stuff.

Car Guy
10-07-2006, 10:46 PM
I went today and am I glad I did, I HAD A BLAST!!!, and will be changing plans to go again tomorrow because I had so much fun today. If any of you are thinking of going, GO!, I gaurantee it'll be worth the hour or so drive. Honestly I was a little hesitent at first thinking you'd be swamped with salespeople trying to sell you stuff like one of those timeshare 'deals' but it was the most realxed fun day I've in some time. I am already planning on staying the night next year to go for both days because they already have the same spot reserved for 07'.....

>On the MazdaSpeed 6 course, my runs went as follows.....1st > 37.xx 2nd > 34.32 3rd > 33.11, I missed the fast time of the hour by .12 of a second......:fire(I missed out on the Bose headphones because of it...!!!!)

>>On the Match time 'whatever they called it' I didn't do so good only getting within a couple seconds or so, only afterwards did I think of counting the seconds off to myself as I was going.....OR USING THE STOPWATCH FEATURE ON MY CELLPHONE!!!....:chair:

>>>And finally on the target one, I killed it, the first time, 9 out of 12.....:wooo

My total for the day was 90 points which got me the diecast MX-5 car, it's cool but I've got my eye on those Bose headphones:drool: for tomorrow......

Maybe I'll see some of you down there tomorrow.......:banana

well I went today. I got 175 points total :) 50 from being first for the hour on the mazdaspeed challenge!!!

I spent most of my day at the mazdaspeed challenge ( mostly spent 3 hours JUST waiting!!! lets see who can beat my 32.51 then they thought the clocks were messed up cause it was fast compared to others, so they recailbrated them and made me go again and got a 32.59 HAHAHHAHHAHAHAH :thumbsup ( there time to beat was 34.50 ) ( I was also the quickest for the day but left at 4 30ish) AND I beat there demonstrator driver lol

anyways, let me know what you guys get.

How did you get 175 points, 150 was the max and you would have recieved the $400 Bose wave radio.....?

TransAm12sec
10-08-2006, 01:38 AM
I spent most of my day at the mazdaspeed challenge ( mostly spent 3 hours JUST waiting!!!

That seems like a while. Were you waiting due to so many people?

3 hours for a 170 hp car, eh, its free.

awsomeears
10-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Me and Car Guy will be tearing it up tomorrow ( sunday )

I will try and represent Miltown to the Fullest !!!

By raping it around a cone/tree/person/dog/stub/car/flip the son of a Bitc*

:-0

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 07:30 AM
That seems like a while. Were you waiting due to so many people?

3 hours for a 170 hp car, eh, its free.

Correction: 274hp and they're all wheel drive......:eek:

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I went today and am I glad I did, I HAD A BLAST!!!, and will be changing plans to go again tomorrow because I had so much fun today. If any of you are thinking of going, GO!, I gaurantee it'll be worth the hour or so drive. Honestly I was a little hesitent at first thinking you'd be swamped with salespeople trying to sell you stuff like one of those timeshare 'deals' but it was the most realxed fun day I've in some time. I am already planning on staying the night next year to go for both days because they already have the same spot reserved for 07'.....

>On the MazdaSpeed 6 course, my runs went as follows.....1st > 37.xx 2nd > 34.32 3rd > 33.11, I missed the fast time of the hour by .12 of a second......:fire (I missed out on the Bose headphones because of it...!!!!)

>>On the Match time 'whatever they called it' I didn't do so good only getting within a couple seconds or so, only afterwards did I think of counting the seconds off to myself as I was going.....OR USING THE STOPWATCH FEATURE ON MY CELLPHONE!!!....:chair:

>>>And finally on the target one, I killed it, the first time, 9 out of 12.....:wooo

My total for the day was 90 points which got me the diecast MX-5 car, it's cool but I've got my eye on those Bose headphones:drool: for tomorrow......

Maybe I'll see some of you down there tomorrow.......:banana

How did you get 175 points, 150 was the max and you would have recieved the $400 Bose wave radio.....?

And sorry to say but when I was in line someone ran a 31.33, however your time was pretty damn good, beat me by a little.....

150 was not max ;) you got 2 times PER challenge! so in ALLLLL reality you COULD get 300 points total ( 100pts per challenge ) ( but damn near IMPOSSIBLE )

I got

50 for hourly winner
25 for beating the time on mazdaspeed

50 points total for match time

so right htere is 125,

and I got 50 total for the hunt thingy!

I got the headphones and 300dollar BP gas card for being the fastest of the day :) ( they called me this morning an is being sent to my address :banana1:

TransAm12sec
10-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Correction: 274hp and they're all wheel drive......:eek:

I was looking at the miata, or MX-5.

Cryptic
10-08-2006, 06:10 PM
150 was not max ;) you got 2 times PER challenge! so in ALLLLL reality you COULD get 300 points total ( 100pts per challenge ) ( but damn near IMPOSSIBLE )

I got

50 for hourly winner

so right htere is 125,

I got the headphones and 300dollar BP gas card for being the fastest of the day :) ( they called me this morning an is being sent to my address :banana1:

WRONG! Sunday that is not the way they operated.
They only took your top score of the 1st two tries.
3 events = 150 points possible

2 events are impossible for the full 50 points.
-hitting 33.000 exactly - it just aint happening. Chris got 33.020 and that wasnt good enough for the 50 points.

-target hunt. There's just no way of knowing if your directly over the land mine. I should of crawled under the car and looked where the sensor is. I got 6 out of 12. It complete guess work.

And standing in line for an hour for your chance to be the best of the day is very unlikly too.

Thus 75 points is what is more than likely what anyones score is going to be if you can drive worth a damn. 80 points for the ball cap this year. BOOOO!

Last year's events were more entertaining IMO. And of course evenyone from BCM is a superstar when they get behind the wheel of a car they've never owned :rolleyes:

I'll eat my humble pie if you post your registration id and last name so we can all see your scores.

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 07:09 PM
sure, ill take pics of the stuff too :)

well the say I thought abuot it is, for the time thing, I got BOTH 33.xxx, but they punched me for 50 ( I was flirting with the chicks what can I say )

and getting the best of the day, not lying at all. Ive drove a speed6 before :shades

did any of you guys goto the lexus event? that blew the mazda event out of the water...

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 07:15 PM

I got

50 for hourly winner

so right htere is 125,

Cryptic is right, there were three point challenges and your best score was taken from each which would be 50 max total times 3, 3x50=150 points total......

Here's the breakdown of the prizes and there corresponding point totals.....

The keychain= ?-80pts. > my prize today(75 pts.).....
The diecast = 81-100pts. > my prize yesterday(90 pts.).....
Forgot this one = 101-120pts.
The headphones = 121-149pts. > should be using them right now....:fire
And finally the Bose Wave radio was a perfect score of 150pts, which in my mind IS nearly impossible to get......

Today I had the fastest of the hour on the Speed6 with a 32.957 which was 50pts.(only got one run) and then 25pts. from the timed 'thingy'(had a 32.988). HOWEVER because of some dipsh*ts on the Speed6 track towards the end of the day, it was delayed it for about 20 minutes or so and I wasn't able to do the target hunt one. Which yesterday I got 9 out of 12 on my first try which was 50 pts., and 8 out of 12 the second time(already had the 50pts. so the 2nd run didn't count).....

Sooooo I was expecting to do the same on the hunt 'thingy' today because I thought it was fairly easy and that would have given me 125pts. total, AND the headphones I was planning on leaving with. SO YEAH, I'm a little pissed off beacuse I've been in the market for the SAME headphones and it would have been nice to get them for free. But I'm going to pretend that I would have BOMBED the hunt 'thingy' today and in turn not having enough points for the headphones(my way of coping).......

I am not making any of this up and I will submit whatever number/info I have to prove it and once again I HAD A BLAST!!!, along with my brother(awsomeears)......

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
maybe they ran it different? I dont know!! im not making the shit up!!! jesus christ, I have better things to do.

Cryptic
10-08-2006, 07:44 PM
curious did you ride with someone? (wondering if the extra 200 lbs in the car makes any difference)

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 07:59 PM
first run I had my gf in, the other 3 I didnt ( I thought about the weight lol )

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
maybe they ran it different? I dont know!! im not making the shit up!!! jesus christ, I have better things to do.

I'm not busting your balls, maybe someone screwed up the points thing, if they did you got lucky......

What was your best time on Saturday/Sunday for the Speed6 course, I'm just curious......

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 10:25 PM
32.51 and backed it with a 32.59. which I took best of the hour, and best of the day.

if I could have gone again, I could have beat it.

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 10:33 PM
32.51 and backed it with a 32.59. which I took best of the hour, and best of the day.

if I could have gone again, I could have beat it.

Once again that's pretty good as I had a 32.95 today but only had one run. I was there saturday at the end of the day and could of swore someone ran faster than 32.51 but if you had fastest of the day it couldn't have happened.....

Congrats >>> :thumbsup

And I don't know how they scored your points but if you did get what you got they screwed up......

1quickgtp
10-08-2006, 10:53 PM
ohh, I went on saturday. if thta means anything? im not complaining if they did screw up my points. also, I could use 300 bux for gas, Im going to cedar point soon lol

Car Guy
10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
ohh, I went on saturday. if thta means anything? im not complaining if they did screw up my points. also, I could use 300 bux for gas, Im going to cedar point soon lol

I went both days and it was the same for both as far as the points goes. I wouldn't be complaining either if they screwed up beacause I would have had as much if not more than you if all my points were added up. However, there is one thing that can't be argued, your time of 32.51 and the $300 gas card your getting.....

I just wish I could have had one more run today because I KNOW I could have bested my time of 32.957 which was only .24 off of today's fast time.....

Oh well, there's always next year......

1quickgtp
10-09-2006, 12:09 AM
yea, they asked me a bunch of questions an stuff after I parked the car. like where i learned to drive, or was it luck. it was kinda funny.

granted, I drive stupid on the road ( smart stupid ), auto x and went to bondurant racing school in AZ 3 times....so I guess I learned something hahaha

Car Guy
10-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm actually pretty proud of myself because that was the first time I've done any kind of 'road course' racing, it really makes me want to turn my SHO Taurus into a 'track car' rather than a 'cruiser'.......

1quickgtp
10-09-2006, 09:25 AM
racing with turns is VERY VERY fun. blows drag out of the water. but I still like both :)

Car Guy
10-09-2006, 09:31 AM
I will agree in that it was a blast but there's still no better rush to me(at the moment) than a sub 10-second pass down the 1/4 mile, but who knows maybe that will change.......

1quickgtp
10-09-2006, 10:26 AM
true, going fast in a straight line is fun, dont get me wrong.

try going about turns seeing how fast you can go, with the g's going about the corners :-p

drifting is a lot of fun also!!!!!

Cryptic
10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
... I drive stupid on the road ( smart stupid ), auto x and went to bondurant racing school in AZ 3 times....so I guess I learned something

Ohh yeah!
In Greece I spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper.

1quickgtp
10-09-2006, 10:52 PM
Ohh yeah!
In Greece I spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper.

you just made me spit out my soda!

Syclone0044
10-11-2006, 10:59 AM
Knights Tale reference. Great film.