PDA

View Full Version : Furnace installations :-)

awsomeears
09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Im aware of another board member doing installs, but myself and a partner are ready to take on any installation within reason :thumbsup

PM me with any questions :thumbsup

- Brad -

Brian98GTP
09-19-2006, 04:35 PM
A buddy of mine is thinking of building a Hospital up north.... Can you send him a quote?? :thumbsup

awsomeears
09-19-2006, 04:58 PM
A buddy of mine is thinking of building a Hospital up north.... Can you send him a quote?? :thumbsup

He needs a boiler with a bunch of zones :thumbsup

Forced air in hospitals isnt a good thing, to much bad crap in the air. With a boiler its radiant heat witch keeps grandma and grandpa warmer :thumbsup

:goof

UnderPSI
09-19-2006, 10:15 PM
I need a furnace. 2,700sqft Two story. I need some cold air return duct also about 20 feet.

DirtyMax
09-20-2006, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't mind an estimate to swap out my oil furnace to a newer gas one. The gas line is right there cuz of the hot water heater being 5 feet away. The oil tank fittings are starting to seep and before it becomes a real problem, I might get with the times. Single story 800 ft. house so I wouldn't need anything real big.

juicedimpss
09-20-2006, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't mind an estimate to swap out my oil furnace to a newer gas one. The gas line is right there cuz of the hot water heater being 5 feet away. The oil tank fittings are starting to seep and before it becomes a real problem, I might get with the times. Single story 800 ft. house so I wouldn't need anything real big.
really? i love my oil heat.

PonyKiller87
09-20-2006, 11:38 AM
He needs a boiler with a bunch of zones :thumbsup

Forced air in hospitals isnt a good thing, to much bad crap in the air. With a boiler its radiant heat witch keeps grandma and grandpa warmer :thumbsup

:goof

Good idea but not quite right. Hospitals need alot of air flow because of the bad stuff in the air. ADA requires so many air changes over a period of time. Some areas require neg or poss pressurization too and there are some pretty serious exhaust fans, I don't know to much about it, that gets designed on the other side of the office.:thumbsup

DirtyMax
09-20-2006, 11:42 AM
really? i love my oil heat.

I hear that from alot of people and truthfully, I'm all for letting well enough be. But I'm afraid that if the tank seams start pissing, it is going to be a real mess not to mention I'm worried something happens like the leak gets big, runs over near the furnace when I'm not home, and the house burns down.

UnderPSI
09-20-2006, 11:50 AM
I suppose if it starts leaking you are going to need more than a five gallon pail to catch it.

DirtyMax
09-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I suppose if it starts leaking you are going to need more than a five gallon pail to catch it.

LOL yeah more like a 555 gallon pail if it's full...:goof

awsomeears
09-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Good idea but not quite right. Hospitals need alot of air flow because of the bad stuff in the air. ADA requires so many air changes over a period of time. Some areas require neg or poss pressurization too and there are some pretty serious exhaust fans, I don't know to much about it, that gets designed on the other side of the office.:thumbsup

Yep you are also correct :thumbsup

At the hospital I worked at they had these little things in Hallways called ____________. I forgot the name but they were to clean the air.

I should have known to type that because we have a few HVAC guys on here that are a few years ahead of me :goof

But I still have the larges ears B*tches :rolf

PonyKiller87
09-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Im actualy an Electrical Engineer, but our office does Elec, Mech and Plumbing. and as a company we specialize in health care design.

Lash
09-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Yep you are also correct :thumbsup

At the hospital I worked at they had these little things in Hallways called ____________. I forgot the name but they were to clean the air.

I should have known to type that because we have a few HVAC guys on here that are a few years ahead of me :goof

But I still have the larges ears B*tches :rolf

lol....young grasshopper. :P
What did these little things look like?

Most of the hospitals we do are high/medium pressure air handler systems with VAV (variable air volume) units.

Did you make the call I told you to make?

awsomeears
09-22-2006, 03:12 PM
lol....young grasshopper. :P
What did these little things look like?

Most of the hospitals we do are high/medium pressure air handler systems with VAV (variable air volume) units.

Did you make the call I told you to make?

They looked like those bugzapers :rolf not sure wtf there names were. You ever see somthing like what im describing ?

I only saw them on the Top floor if I can remember right, this was in 1999.

Yea I made the call and got some paper work, still sitting here. This monday I start a new job with a different resi hvac place. I'm going to give it another try because I like what I do, just not where I worked :chair:

I know im stalling but I have to give this resi shat one more chance :thumbsup

awsomeears
10-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Hope to be viewing 2 jobs this week :thumbsup

Please be safe this winter and have a tune and clean, Cracked Heat Exchangers :stare can do some damage to the human body.

Be safe and get a detector ( $20 ) :thumbsup

Any other questions feel free to ask :thumbsup

Lash
10-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Any other questions feel free to ask :thumbsup

Does your boss know that you're taking his business away by doing side jobs?

:goof :rolf

awsomeears
10-01-2006, 02:25 PM
Does your boss know that you're taking his business away by doing side jobs? :goof :rolf

Well my new boss is cool and he already knows what are capable of doing outside of work. One of the reasons im in residential is to do a few side jobs, and my buddy can pull permits and have his electrician stop by :thumbsup

It's legit so im safe as well as my future customers :thumbsup

I think for a boss to say " No you can't do any outside work " is BS, the reason we do it is to make more $$$. He is the Boss because he wants to make more $$$ so no harm in my opinion. As long as names are kept out of it, its all golden.

If I would do some botched up jobs well I should get my A$$ beat, but that wont happen because I CARE <---------- awwww im getting sappy here on BCM :goof

Korndogg
10-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Need a partner??? lol :)