PDA

View Full Version : WS6 hood / paint shop

Baddriver01
09-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, Winter's coming and it's time to dress up the TA since I am not finding any buyers. Where can I pick up a quality 98+ WS6 hood locally? Is there a manufacturer that I should avoid? I'd like to avoid shipping charges. LS1Speed has some options but I'd like to find something closer if possible. Any suggestions/prices?

Want_Notch
09-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Extreme parts in Racine....or is he just for imports?

UnderPSI
09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Classified section on www.ls1tech.com You might be able to find one local or close anyway.

Baddriver01
09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks, I'll start my hunt in those places...

Crawlin
09-19-2006, 11:31 AM
yep,

ls1tech.com

or

mfba.org

for the midwest f-body association. should be able to find something. there might even be an option for a fiberglass WS6 hood through VFN down in IL as a group purchase thing.

Baddriver01
09-19-2006, 11:55 AM
http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm

WOW, there are a lot more hood styles than I realized. How's the quality because the prices are the best I've seen!!! Great link...thanks for the help.

Crawlin
09-19-2006, 12:01 PM
well those are lightweight fiberglass hoods. they aren't like REAL reproduction WS6 hoods

that's why you'll see the cheaper prices. but ALOT of people go through them for hoods

i think glasstek is another good one

Poncho
09-21-2006, 10:25 PM
how about instead of dressing up your TA, you buy mine and restore it? c'mon you know you wanna. btw that dipstick you sold me didn't fit for some reason.

Baddriver01
09-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Eh, it was a universal GM one...I work this weekend, return it if you want. Sorry it didn't work. The thing is, I always wanted a Ws6, I just couldn't even find them for a while. Then I bought and suped up this one and all of a sudden I see 2-3 a day on the road, driven by chicks. But I'm not complaining... :thumbsup

Now my decision is:

stock ws6 hood
ws6 4" hood
ws9 outlaw hood
or the street illegal, ws6 5" hood....(unfortunately, I really have NOTHING to hide under a 5" hood)

choices, choices...

Poncho
09-21-2006, 10:59 PM
hot chicks atleast found in the aforementioned WS6's??

the dipstick -- it's ok, it's cheap, and I hammered the hell outta it already anyway. it for some reason wouldn't fit in the hole

Baddriver01
09-22-2006, 09:27 AM
hot chicks atleast found in the aforementioned WS6's??

the dipstick -- it's ok, it's cheap, and I hammered the hell outta it already anyway. it for some reason wouldn't fit in the hole

Wow, hot chicks and it wouldn't fit in the hole in one paragraph.... that's too easy....:rolf

Eh...most of the women were mid 30's to 50's, it's hard to tell the "hotness" of a girl at 65 mph when you can only see her head... none were fugly though...

Now...hot chicks on crotch rockets ... easy to spot!!! Too bad fall is here, I'll miss that.

Baddriver01
09-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Ok, I think I've found the hood. Now I need some clarification. A lift off hood is for drag racing only? I assume it is not meant for daily driving. A "bolt on" hood is reinforced to work like a factory hood at normal driving speeds and uses the stock latches? Is there anything else I should know or consider when buying an aftermarket hood? :confused

Poncho
09-22-2006, 03:10 PM
a lift off hood would require a hood pin at each corner. nice thing is they are super light weight and one person can handle them easily.

I had a fiberglass hood on my old camaro, and it was light as hell.