PDA

View Full Version : Let the man be...

H8RADE
09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (AP) -- Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said.

A search of the bus produced 11/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

A call to Nelson's publicist wasn't immediately returned.

Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Florida; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas, Texas.

Each was released after being issued a citation.

Yooformula
09-18-2006, 09:16 PM
DAMM 11lbs!?!?!?!?!? nice avatar btw...rofl

Myles
09-18-2006, 09:19 PM
11 lbs, and all they got was a ticket, thats awesome.

Teufelhunden
09-18-2006, 09:25 PM
1 [space] 1/2 (one and a half)
not 11 lol

Myles
09-18-2006, 09:26 PM
ohhhhhhhh

ok

H8RADE
09-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Still...
1.5 lbs. of grass (Willy don't smoke dirt) and almost 1/4 lbs. of 'shrooms is a LOAD for 5 guys on a bus.
That would make a helluva story, and possibly a song, for some lucky hitchhiker.
:rolf

nismodave
09-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Put him in jail. Willie is a pile of trash.

H8RADE
09-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Put him in jail. Willie is a pile of trash.

Jealous?
Willy doesn't pay for sex...
Nor does he bother to pose for pictures with spokesmodels...
Free the hate...

Syclone0044
09-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I'm convinced marijuana will be legalized sometime in the next 5-50 yrs. (It's tough to pinpoint when irrationality will subside.) There is enough of a medical push, and for the recreational users there isn't really any argument one can make against weed that wouldnt apply the same (or worse) to alcohol which is already legal.
http://warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/2cents1.gif

nismodave
09-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Jealous?
Willy doesn't pay for sex...
Nor does he bother to pose for pictures with spokesmodels...
Free the hate...

Yea, Im jealous of a dopehead that looks like a walking corpse.:rolleyes:

Last time I paid for sex, was the 25 bucks I gave your EX gf to go get her shots at the clinic.

BlownMe
09-19-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm convinced marijuana will be legalized sometime in the next 5-50 yrs. (It's tough to pinpoint when irrationality will subside.) There is enough of a medical push, and for the recreational users there isn't really any argument one can make against weed that wouldnt apply the same (or worse) to alcohol which is already legal.
http://warrifles.com/forums/images/smilies/2cents1.gif

Not gonna happen. 1. The government cant regulate it like they do alcohol. Mary Jane is a weed and therefore is relatively easy to grow yourself unlike tobacco. And since the high quality stuff isnt grown here anyway, and the route it takes to get from the grower to your pocket doesnt involve the government in any way, they will never make a profit off of it. 2. The government makes far more money in fining people for the possesion of it than they would in trying to tax a substance that they cant control anyway.

There are other reasons but I aint gonna write ANOTHER report on why it will never be legalized.

shawn
09-19-2006, 08:08 AM
i wish i was on that bus! minus being pulled over. :crazyeyes

H8RADE
09-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Last time I paid for sex, was the 25 bucks I gave your EX gf to go get her shots at the clinic.

Did you change the locks while she was out?
I did.
My EX gf is a full on cunt...
Enjoi...

Syclone0044
09-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Not gonna happen. 1. The government cant regulate it like they do alcohol. Mary Jane is a weed and therefore is relatively easy to grow yourself unlike tobacco. And since the high quality stuff isnt grown here anyway, and the route it takes to get from the grower to your pocket doesnt involve the government in any way, they will never make a profit off of it. 2. The government makes far more money in fining people for the possesion of it than they would in trying to tax a substance that they cant control anyway.

There are other reasons but I aint gonna write ANOTHER report on why it will never be legalized.
Profit for the government based on penalizing people who haven't harmed another person, is never a legitimate reason why something should be regulated or prohibited... that's another reason why it's likely to eventually be legalized.. the old schoolers will die and leave office eventually, the next generation moves in, people who realize it isn't the scary "addictive/dangerous/gateway/blahblahbullshit" drug the government told everyone it was. Hell it could even happen once the baby boomers are in office in full force. The same goes for same sex marriages. Truth has a habit of persisting longer than falsehoods do.

Now if you look in the past, it is easy to see our government has a history of making irrational mistakes, such as denying blacks and women the right to vote initially, slavery, the prohibition of alcohol in the 1930s leading to well known bootleg crime and criminals such as Al Capone etc., the placing of 100,000 Japanese Americans in relocation camps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment) in the 1950s, etc. Point is that all those things probably seemed like good ideas at the time, until they realized they were making a mistake.

PS: The Netherland's government has legalized it, you are allowed a small amount of personal use in Alaska even, hell it's legalized in Canada to the point you can mail order it to your house (http://budbuddy.biz/) on the basis of claiming you're using it to treat a headache or PMS. Why didn't those governments follow the points you made?

68RR440
09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Seems like we have a few potheads here...

This was from a seizure up in Canada...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7375/502522247lkg7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:rolf :rolf :rolf

GRAMPS SS
09-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Seems like we have a few potheads here...

This was from a seizure up in Canada...

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7375/502522247lkg7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:rolf :rolf :rolf

wheres the buds...i see no buds......looks like leaf lettuce

Prince Valiant
09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
There's no profit in policeing....that why we pay taxes to support for law enforcement. Cost far more to "wage the war on drugs" than we benifit from monetarily.

Mary-ja-wana probably will be legalized, but not for any other reason than recreational use. As far as medicinal purposes, it's a pretty poor drug. In virtually ALL the claims made to it's efficacy to treat various conditions, it's generally a poorly performing 4th-5th place in the respective condition it's touted to treat. Generally there are far more deleterious side-effects than benifits to pot.

Chief among them is the whole prescribing something you smoke...there are alternative delivery methods being hashed out (pun-intended), but even then there will generally always be a better drug to prescribe than pot.

When asked about my opinion about medicinal marijuana, I always point out that the push isn't really for it's medicinal value. People like it because they like to smoke it...it makes them feel good. To try to gain legallity, many try to use their conditions to curry sorrow to gain support for it's use. Many claim about the negative side effects of the drug they'd otherwise take in lieu of pot, but that's capricious as pot far and away has more side-effects...but they like to take the drug with a "high"....and if they could have it legitimized and possibly subsidized, all the better.

Pot should be legalized because in the end, it's not too much worse than alcohol or cigarettes.

CannotPost
09-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Legalize!

turbogarrett
09-19-2006, 04:31 PM
And since the high quality stuff isnt grown here anyway

Wrong! You would be suprised how much is grown locally and people don't spend big $$ on lighting/humidification to grow the brown crap. A lot of the cheap stuff comes from mexico, ever catch a square grouper?:D

That said, I have no problem with people who smoke it. It is certainly no worse than alcohol and if it weren't for my damn random drug tests........

Syclone0044
09-19-2006, 04:47 PM
What about Irv Rosenfeld, a stockbroker from Florida for whom the Federal government has been providing marijuana for 22 years (http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/363/irv.shtml) for his bone disorder called multiple congenital cartilaginous exostoses?

Also, Montel Williams suffers from multiple sclerosis and did an entire 1hr talk show episode (http://www.safeaccessnow.org/article.php?id=1445) on his use of marijuana to help his battle against the disease where other (prescription) drugs either failed or had negative side effects.

BlownMe
09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Wrong! You would be suprised how much is grown locally and people don't spend big $$ on lighting/humidification to grow the brown crap. A lot of the cheap stuff comes from mexico, ever catch a square grouper?:D

That said, I have no problem with people who smoke it. It is certainly no worse than alcohol and if it weren't for my damn random drug tests........

Maybe I worded that wrong. I'm sure theres high quality shyt grown here. But the highest quality herb that one would want access to if it were legalized definitely isn't grown here. All ya gotta go is travel abroad for that to become apparent and I aint talking about Mexico.

Prince Valiant
09-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Any drug within marijuana could easily be dispensed in pill form and without the high...but advocates want the high.

HP ADDICT
09-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Maybe I worded that wrong. I'm sure theres high quality shyt grown here. But the highest quality herb that one would want access to if it were legalized definitely isn't grown here. All ya gotta go is travel abroad for that to become apparent and I aint talking about Mexico.
CANADA...who wants to go?