PDA

View Full Version : $1.96 gas

Goat Roper
09-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Not here but damn. Think I will put just enough in to get back there for our trip this weekend.

http://www.iowastategasprices.com/

juicedimpss
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
damn,prices have dropped to just plain gouging,instead of anal violation.

Slow Joe
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Well, gas is down to what? $2.49 here?? :rolf

GRAMPS SS
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM
2.44 on bluemound and the hwy...i filled up last night..had too at that price

DocDave
09-15-2006, 10:13 AM
I won't even think about celibrating until I see less than $1.80 again

Korndogg
09-15-2006, 10:15 AM
then you wont be thinking about it dave . lol

GRAMPS SS
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
they say by thanksgiving it will be down to 2.00....so why is it so cheap now...they done bending us over to make a profit....or is this a stall and then boost it back up again.....

Goat Roper
09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
they say by thanksgiving it will be down to 2.00....so why is it so cheap now...they done bending us over to make a profit....or is this a stall and then boost it back up again.....

Two words;

Election year

Granted, they would be going down this time of year anyway but I would like to see if there has ever been such a seasonal percentage drop such as this.

pOrk
09-15-2006, 10:18 AM
2 bucks a gallon and they are still making 250% profit

Korndogg
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
$2/gallon wont happen. They even said that. That would mean it would be at $50 a barrel.

Slow Joe
09-15-2006, 10:27 AM
$2/gallon would be real nice, but I as well don't see it happening... Even if it's less than $2.30/gal that'd be nice... At this point, I'm just hoping to see gas staying under $2.50/gal

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 10:45 AM
They must really blend it in Iowa. Look at the high prices. That's like a $.50 difference.

Korndogg
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
We just have a high tax rate thats all.

Goat Roper
09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
They must really blend it in Iowa. Look at the high prices. That's like a $.50 difference.

Ethanol is subsidised in Iowa, making 89 octane about 3 cents cheaper a gallon than 87.

Slow Joe
09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Up in Wautoma (or Wild Rose), WI there's a gas station where 89 is always within .02 of 87... Normally .02 cheaper than, and hardly ever more...

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
We just have a high tax rate thats all.

I meant in Iowa. If you look at the link they show low and high prices. It's like $.50 difference in the same state.

Korndogg
09-15-2006, 11:14 AM
ahh yeah. what goat said then. lol

Goat Roper
09-15-2006, 11:26 AM
I meant in Iowa. If you look at the link they show low and high prices. It's like $.50 difference in the same state.

There has been a "gas war" around Des Moines for about 3 weeks now, the same goes for around Oskaloosa.

In Waterloo (where I plan to fill-up) it is $2.19, in Dubuque 90 miles away off the same major highway it is still $2.32. It has always widely varied in that state for some reason, probably because of the the tax rate which allows for the stations to have more of a profit margin while still remaining competitive.

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow a gas war where the consumer wins? That's unheard of. Don't let Bush find out about this. He'll be searching Iowa for WMD's.

GRNDNL
09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
2 bucks a gallon and they are still making 250% profit

Naww, its closer to 8%, its the 20%+ gas tax thats stealing the $$$$ out of your pocket.

Anybody else notice that the price per barrel started dropping fast after they announced finding all the oil in the Gulf?...Hmmmm, looks like Opec is playing us again and i'm thinking the libs are going to go for it hook, line and sinker.......:rolleyes:

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 12:10 PM
It started before that even. It's election time. Politicians are scared of losing their jobs.

Syclone0044
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow a gas war where the consumer wins? That's unheard of. Don't let Bush find out about this. He'll be searching Iowa for WMD's.
+1! :thumbsup :rolf

Crude oil is down to 63 dollars a barrel, from a peak of 78, that's what's largely responsible for this.

wikked
09-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, gas is down to what? $2.49 here?? :rolf

$2.40 at the Stop n' Shop on 29th & Fondulac.
Bring your flack jacket!

The original prediction was $2.40 by Thanksgiving... It's gone down like 70ยข in a month, I can see $2.00 gal happening :party:

Prince Valiant
09-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Damn government makes more pwer gallon of gas sold then "big oil", and yet, they don't even bring a product to the table. Screw "big oil" I guess.

GRNDNL
09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
It started before that even. It's election time. Politicians are scared of losing their jobs.

'splain to me how the "politicians" control fuel prices?...........

Al
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Gas price chart:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx?time=24

If you bring up Wisconsin, you will see that we are cheaper than the same time last year by $0.40! This normally does not happen.

I smell a rat. Then again, these days, everyone is a rat when you depend on something from them.

Lately, there have been some major technological advances in fuel economy. It seems that big oil might be on to something because the demand for fuel has not really subsided this fall. Prices and demand are not proportional. It seems that with a 2% increase in demand, the prices go up 10%.

TRUST NO ONE!!!

They want you to get a big, inefficient SUV this winter so that they can gouge you the first day in the spring that the temps begin to climb!

---
Could this be the "bubble theory" being proven?

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
'splain to me what had changed in the world that has caused prices to drop so dramatically? For the last 8 months we've had plenty of reserves and inventory, OPEC has never said they'd have shortages, war and unrest is still going on in the mideast. Sure they found oil in the gulf, but the price was dropping like a rock before then, and even then it'll be years before we actually get it out in quantity enough to make a difference.

However polls come out showing Republicans are getting crushed by public opinion, and they are in danger of losing everything come next election, and suddenly prices start to drop. hmmm. Plus after a couple years of rising energy costs and Bush saying "America will persevere", economic indicators came out saying that the high energy prices were really hitting the economy. Suddenly Bush comes out and says we need to do something.

I'm not saying they directly lowered prices. But I have a hard time believing there isn't some mutual back scratching going on. I don't believe in coincidences like that. I mean gas is $1 cheaper all of a sudden? C'mon now.

animal
09-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I feel good. Most people would say: "Damn, I went and bought this economy car, and now gas went down"

I'm saying "cool, now I have even more reason to drive around pointlessly, after trading in my fuel economy car for a guzzler."

I think I'll drive home without overdrive today :D

Syclone0044
09-15-2006, 03:55 PM
'splain to me what had changed in the world that has caused prices to drop so dramatically? I hate Republicans (and Democrats) as much as anybody - or more ;), but the market reports I read said the first initial drop recently was due to a ceasefire between Lebanon and the "Hezbollah". IMO the crude oil prices were pumped up so high, once the tide began to turn, everyone bailed and it was like a snowball rolling down a hill from there. If you visit www.nymex.com you can check the current prices of "Light, sweet crude oil" yourself and view the history of prices past.

http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/dunno.gif

BAD LS1
09-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I feel good. Most people would say: "Damn, I went and bought this economy car, and now gas went down"

I'm saying "cool, now I have even more reason to drive around pointlessly, after trading in my fuel economy car for a guzzler."

I think I'll drive home without overdrive today :D

Yes sir! im glad i bought a nearly 13 sec daily driver now! Worth every penny!

DocDave
09-15-2006, 04:14 PM
then you wont be thinking about it dave . lol
A man can dream. LOL

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 04:32 PM
I hate Republicans (and Democrats) as much as anybody - or more ;), but the market reports I read said the first initial drop recently was due to a ceasefire between Lebanon and the "Hezbollah". IMO the crude oil prices were pumped up so high, once the tide began to turn, everyone bailed and it was like a snowball rolling down a hill from there. If you visit www.nymex.com you can check the current prices of "Light, sweet crude oil" yourself and view the history of prices past.

http://s95370645.onlinehome.us/images/misc/dunno.gif

I know time flies but Hezbollah and Isreal were fighting for like 3 weeks. However oil prices were over priced for a year.

I read all that stuff too, but I still think it's a farce. Frozen orange juice and pork bellies are traded on the futures market too, but the grocery stores aren't raising and lowering their prices everyday because of it.