PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Mag Camaro Survey

97z2801ss
09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
" tell chevy how to build the 09 camaro"

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey.zgi?p=WEB225MKNAAHDU

nismodave
09-14-2006, 10:17 PM
I think they need a cooler in the center console, to hold Camoro drivers 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best beer.

WhiteZCamaro
09-14-2006, 10:18 PM
That was cool now if they just do some of that stuff

Poncho
09-15-2006, 12:23 AM
they need to price it identically to the mustang.

v6@ 20k-24k,Z28 starting @ high 25k-30k SS starting@ 28-33k w/ some Z/28 overlap, then RS avaliable on all v8 cars as maybe a $1500 option, and then of course the Rousch killer, priced slightly lower than the Roush to lite fire under their asses, the SS427

engines being 3.9, 5.3 and 6.0 and 7.0

SC 3.9 having 3.23 gears auto/stick
Z/28 5.3 having 3.08, 3.42 optional
SS 6.0 having 3.42, 4.10 optional, as well as "performance package" like the 60's w/ SLP headers in the trunk, shifter in the trunk, etc.
SS427 having 4.10 standard, w/ the performance package in the trunk too.

if they get a aussie rear end, the 3.42 will become 3.46, and 4.10's become 3.91s

Syclone0044
09-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Get rid of the "bling bling" hoopty ass, "Chip Foose" 20 inch rims and put something that actually makes sense for a muscle car with some balls. My biggest pet peeve about all these bullshit prototypes, they never end up looking like that anyway, so why do they do it in the first place? [/rant off]

BAD LS1
09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
They should roll some cool new cars off this Zeta platform thats coming out, a RWD monte and impala, the camaro etc... My monte may have to go for a RWD version... Maybe it will be LS2 powered as well.

97z2801ss
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Tommy i heard something about the RWD Monte before....

I kno pontiac wants all rwd stuff

BAD LS1
09-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Tommy i heard something about the RWD Monte before....

I kno pontiac wants all rwd stuff

If they are still a brand by then.

97z2801ss
09-15-2006, 10:04 AM
hahaha I think they'll stay. GMs not doing as bad as ford.

Guess the next few years will tell

Karps TA
09-15-2006, 01:22 PM
It needs attachments for a Flowbee with Mullet cutting guards. As well as a place for a 13' tall whip antenna. The heck with IRS, makes installing air shocks too hard.

I agree on the wheels. 15" Aluminum slotted Mags would be perfect.

Poncho
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
hahaha I think they'll stay. GMs not doing as bad as ford.

Guess the next few years will tell

i dunno pontiac is really f-ing up.

whats there lineup for 07?

the respectable GXP - but it gets knocked for being FWD, though it's the king of w-bodies. also no manual trans still, after 13 years, lame.

the G6 - Nice but no 6-speed manual on the GTP?? lame

the G5 - Pontiac Cobalt, who cares.

the Vibe - lost the 1.8, now all thats left is the base engine.

the Torrent - neat, but nobody wants to buy one thats an enthusiast.

the Solstice - there saving grace, but it's a low production vehicle anyway, but so was the GTO. can't complain about anything, other than 240hp isn't enough.

i believe thats it too, now?

what they need to fix on the current - GP needs manual & RWD, G6 needs manual on top model and RWD & GXP version, G5 needs it's own sheetmetal and GXP version. Vibe - fix the lack of motors or kill it. I know they can slam a 3.9 in there I'm sure soup it up and bam interesting vibe GXP. Torrent - meh. Solstice? seems to be fine, needs a 6-speed if it doesn't already.

and all cars need a 5-6 speed auto at minimum.

if in three years we have a RWD GP, better looking GTO, and the rest of the lineup is cleaned up, pontiac might have something going on. and if camaro sells like expected, it will cost very little to bring back a firebird, but then they better make sure the GTO is a larger, different car. still able to hold it's own against the f-bodies (they won't be f-bodies anymore, though?)

pontiac can and should be saved, but they need to be part of GM, while being seperate. they need there own identity, not a GM forged identity.

Bobby72GTO
09-16-2006, 01:12 AM
i dunno pontiac is really f-ing up.

whats there lineup for 07?

the respectable GXP - but it gets knocked for being FWD, though it's the king of w-bodies. also no manual trans still, after 13 years, lame.

the G6 - Nice but no 6-speed manual on the GTP?? lame

the G5 - Pontiac Cobalt, who cares.

the Vibe - lost the 1.8, now all thats left is the base engine.

the Torrent - neat, but nobody wants to buy one thats an enthusiast.

the Solstice - there saving grace, but it's a low production vehicle anyway, but so was the GTO. can't complain about anything, other than 240hp isn't enough.

i believe thats it too, now?

what they need to fix on the current - GP needs manual & RWD, G6 needs manual on top model and RWD & GXP version, G5 needs it's own sheetmetal and GXP version. Vibe - fix the lack of motors or kill it. I know they can slam a 3.9 in there I'm sure soup it up and bam interesting vibe GXP. Torrent - meh. Solstice? seems to be fine, needs a 6-speed if it doesn't already.

and all cars need a 5-6 speed auto at minimum.

if in three years we have a RWD GP, better looking GTO, and the rest of the lineup is cleaned up, pontiac might have something going on. and if camaro sells like expected, it will cost very little to bring back a firebird, but then they better make sure the GTO is a larger, different car. still able to hold it's own against the f-bodies (they won't be f-bodies anymore, though?)

pontiac can and should be saved, but they need to be part of GM, while being seperate. they need there own identity, not a GM forged identity.

Not that it should matter but the Solstice GXP is putting out 260hp and for a 4 banger that isn't too bad. It keeps up with high price BMW's, and Porches. Not to shabby if you ask me and at a small fraction of the cost. Pontiac did good on that car. I give it: :thumbsup :thumbsup Now they just need to make a coupe version. The one coupe version I saw in a magazine said that the 4 banger was going to be powered up to 325hp. I highly doubt that will happen.

Karps TA
09-16-2006, 07:24 AM
The Solstice blows IMo. You need to be like 5'9" and smaller to drive the stupid thing. With the top down you have only enough room for a 12 pack of soda. The car would have been great for retired people who wanted a fun car to take to the country club or go on a drive up north for the weekend. But unless you want to go alone, you can't fit any luggage or golf clubs in it. The Miata has a bigger trunk. Plus little stupid things GM does, like put the cupholder so that it is behind your right tricep. Who did that make sense to?

The car was soo close to being right. It definetly needed the GXP to, cause the standard did not some quick at all.

97z2801ss
09-16-2006, 11:28 AM
the solstice is gear at oldies but goodies and the sky is aimed at the kids..
both serve their purpose in gms line up i guess

TransAm12sec
09-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Wow, I work at a pontiac dealership, and it never really hit me that their line up does suck. We still have 06 GTOs on the lot, however.

Karps TA
09-19-2006, 06:55 PM
the solstice is gear at oldies but goodies and the sky is aimed at the kids..
both serve their purpose in gms line up i guess

It's geared at old people, yet it offers nothing an old person wants. It's a PITA to get in and out of and it has zero storage space. Heck even to get groceries you'd need the top up, or no passenger. That's ridiculous.

97z2801ss
09-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I ment like 40 year oldish people who just want something sporty.. not like really old people. I can say i have seen quiet a few solstices running around.