PDA

View Full Version : Foster pontiac closing

Daytonapacecar959
09-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Well Jim Foster got us together this afternoon and told us that he's closing the doors soon(didn't give an exact date)just that it's going to be later this month.The Pontiac franchise is going to Bob Tolken.So i'm out of a job soon:crying

Brian98GTP
09-14-2006, 09:07 PM
You're good at what you do Fred, I'm sure you wont have a problem finding another place to sign your paycheck...

RanJer
09-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Maybe apply with Tolkan? see if you can stay right where you're at? of course I dont know if that would result in ignorant bosses or less pay but there's always gonna be dealerships. Best of luck!!

Yooformula
09-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Well Jim Foster got us together this afternoon and told us that he's closing the doors soon(didn't give an exact date)just that it's going to be later this month.The Pontiac franchise is going to Bob Tolken.So i'm out of a job soon:crying

Sorry to hear that. Are you shopping for your parting gifts before they surprise close the doors on you guys?

DirtyMax
09-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Are you in sales, service or ???...

If you're in sales, Heiser (if I recall right) I believe it is just opened a new Toyota (or Honda again not 100%) dealer up by the Hummer place up off Metro Blvd. I think they're still hiring salespeople. Gas-saving imports is probably the place to be right now.

Best of luck! :thumbsup

97z2801ss
09-14-2006, 10:32 PM
haha, if they close will they still keep alot of there people? im sure if your good like brian said you'd keep your job.

hope it all works out for ya!

Daytonapacecar959
09-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm sure i'll get a couple parting gifts:shades
I work in service
And i guess someone from Tolkan is coming in tomorrow to interview techs. so i may end up there

GRAMPS SS
09-14-2006, 10:54 PM
well i wish you luck....never thought that family would sell out.....but best of luck to ya

TransAm12sec
09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Do you know if they're still going to have the pontiac show?

Yooformula
09-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm sure i'll get a couple parting gifts:shades
I work in service
And i guess someone from Tolkan is coming in tomorrow to interview techs. so i may end up there
well if they dont hire ya, let us know so we can get ya a shopping list:rolf

Lash
09-14-2006, 11:04 PM
well if they dont hire ya, let us know so we can get ya a shopping list:rolf

lol

Best of luck to ya man. Having to find/start a new job always sucks.

Slow Joe
09-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I knew that was in the works for a while now... Weird how sometimes things within the dealership don't travel as fast as they do out of...

Poncho
09-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I knew that was in the works for a while now... Weird how sometimes things within the dealership don't travel as fast as they do out of...

we heard the same @ braeger, esp. w/ the braeger ford and chrysler set to move.

Waver
09-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Fred is a good tech, I know this first hand, as I used to work at foster back in the day..(when fred was putting on the nice set of brakes)...I know he will have no problems finding a job somewhere.

As far as old man foster.....well I am just going to keep my mouth shut on that one.

animal
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Heh, did the deal I pulled on them put them out ? ;)

Waver
09-15-2006, 08:45 AM
Heh, did the deal I pulled on them put them out ? ;)

Ohhh please tell us what you did

animal
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Ohhh please tell us what you did

Naw, I was only kidding. I thought I got a great deal working with them.

Waver
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM
That is cool, When I was there I noticed that the customers were treated well, I am still a little pissed at what happened to cause me to get let go. It was BS...oh well what are you going to do, it was 5 years ago

Feature Pony
09-15-2006, 09:25 AM
I will never forget in 96 when I wanted a WS6 T/A and the sales guy told me to take a hike that he wouldn't sell me one, I was 18 at the time and my dad and I walked in seperate and he was talking to another sales guy about a ws6 and when the sales guy told me no I told my dad that we are going to holz to get an SS and when my sales guy found out that was my dad he tried to keep us there, I told him where to get bent that I will be taking my $10000 deposit else where, and the rest was history.. I had a grand am that I took into service there with the rear disk brakes kept making noise and the service writer said that all rear disks make loud noises, I sold the car 1 week after that.. Thats my enjoyment with foster..

97z2801ss
09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
sucks man but salesmen are dumb sometimes

d0nut
09-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I always assumed Breager would end up taking them over?

Poncho
09-15-2006, 01:21 PM
then braeger would run nearly that whole section.

theres still dodge city

Crawlin
09-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Reardon has a TON of ideas. Used to talk about it all the time about his plans. They own Franklin Auto or whatever that used to be S&S, and they own Greenfield Auto that is on ****** that used to be CU Fleet's little dealership.

He was a good owner to work for.

Slow Joe
09-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Just an FYI... The reason Bob Tolkan ended up with the Pontiac franchise is becasue GM is trying to make tri-point dealerships with Pontiac Buick & GMC under one roof... GM Actually pushed for this sale from what I've heard thus far, I'll keep my sources unknown...

Maybe we'll be lucky and end up with a GMC franchise here in the Falls... :stare Then again our Mayville dealership is a Mut... Chevrolet Pontiac Cadillac... :rolf

ricksws7
09-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Sorry to hear about that Fred. Maybe it will still work out for you. Try to stay positive for now. Rick

Daytonapacecar959
09-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Do you know if they're still going to have the pontiac show?
No more show unless the GTO club finds another Pontiac dealer to hold it at.The tech that ran the show(John Knox) is just going to retire.

Holeshot
09-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Sorry you lost you Job I truly am, But Jim Foster can kiss My ASS, Hes a **** head and I hope he dies a poor poor lonely old man.

My complaint with the State Dept Of AG is still open and I am no where near done with Foster Pontiac

Daytonapacecar959
09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Sorry you lost you Job I truly am, But Jim Foster can kiss My ASS, Hes a **** head and I hope he dies a poor poor lonely old man.

My complaint with the State Dept Of AG is still open and I am no where near done with Foster Pontiac
WOW,what happened,if you don't mind me asking or if you can say?PM me if you don't want to post it here.

TransAm12sec
09-15-2006, 10:04 PM
A friend of mine is trying to get the Pontiac show to be held at Sommers.

Poncho
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Seems like nobody in the GTO community likes Foster Pontiac. Infact there was a thread solely about them a while back on ls1gto.com

Lash
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Reardon has a TON of ideas.

As in Todd Reardon? Used to work at Braeger Chevy?

Cryptic
09-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Good luck Fred... I hope you're able to transition and stay right where you are at.

Freds da man! he did my CASE learn when I did my re-programmed PCM swap.

:headbang

93RedDevilZ28
09-16-2006, 03:42 PM
GOOD! Jim Foster is a fawking cawksucker. And from reading some of these posts, it's apparent that my Dad and I aren't the only ones who'd whoop his ass if we saw him on the street. Him and his dumbass sales force can burn in hell.

GM hasn't heard the last about him yet....

Poncho
09-16-2006, 03:46 PM
GOOD! Jim Foster is a fawking cawksucker. And from reading some of these posts, it's apparent that my Dad and I aren't the only ones who'd whoop his ass if we saw him on the street. Him and his dumbass sales force can burn in hell.

GM hasn't heard the last about him yet....

holy cow thats a screenname blast from the past.

Crawlin
09-16-2006, 03:47 PM
As in Todd Reardon? Used to work at Braeger Chevy?

Todd Reardon is the owner of the Braeger franchise. Is married to the daughter if memory serves me right.

Lash
09-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Todd Reardon is the owner of the Braeger franchise. Is married to the daughter if memory serves me right.
Yeah...My father used to work there (body shop) until he was FIRED after 12+ years of service. They hired that guy (forgot his name) to go through and clean house of all the guys that had the most seniority....then they turned around and fired him. They basically just used him to can everybody. Biggest coward move ever. They fired A LOT of good guys. I guess cheap labor is where it's at:rolleyes:
After everything they put all those good guys through....I'll never deal with Braeger again.

Poncho
09-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Yeah...My father used to work there until he was FIRED after 12 years of service. They hired that guy (forgot his name) to go through and clean house of all the guys that had the most seniority....then they turned around and fired him. They basically just used him to can everybody. Biggest coward move ever. They fired A LOT of good guys. I guess cheap labor is where it's at:rolleyes:
After everything they put all those good guys through....I'll never deal with Braeger again.

Braeger eh??

Sounds like um, whats currently going on.

Awesome service manager - Troy Krieger. just got a raise, then they fire him, bring in Ben Kallies, suddenly people are getting fired, walkin' out, leavin'. hiring people to do other peoples jobs for 1/2 the pay, etc.

Lash
09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Braeger eh??

Sounds like um, whats currently going on.

Awesome service manager - Troy Krieger. just got a raise, then they fire him, bring in Ben Kallies, suddenly people are getting fired, walkin' out, leavin'. hiring people to do other peoples jobs for 1/2 the pay, etc.

Sure....It's the Braeger way.

Which dealer are you talking about? My cousin works at the 27th st. chevy dealer as a mechanic.

Holeshot
09-17-2006, 09:08 AM
WOW,what happened,if you don't mind me asking or if you can say?PM me if you don't want to post it here.
Case is still pending I cant talk about it. Sorry All I can say Is they are getting what they deserve!!!!!!

Reverend Cooper
09-17-2006, 01:00 PM
if you are interested i am affiliated with toyota,nissan and a chevy store. i may be able to set up some interviews if you need them. i of course cant gurantee anything but its a open venue for you if needed. sorry to hear this

Poncho
09-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Sure....It's the Braeger way.

Which dealer are you talking about? My cousin works at the 27th st. chevy dealer as a mechanic.

Chrysler-Jeep [/end highjack]

Holeshot
09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
So I just heard from a reliable source (Token employee) Its offical that Token got Foster.

Daytonapacecar959
09-19-2006, 09:16 PM
So I just heard from a reliable source (Token employee) Its offical that Token got Foster.
Yes it's true,Foster's last day as a Pontiac dealer is this Thursday.They will sell used cars for a little while before closing for good.
If anyone cares it looks like i'll end up working at Brookfield Buick Pontiac GMC