PDA

View Full Version : Weather changing and body Aches

awsomeears
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
My back has never ever been sore like it is now:mad:

Ive ran into 10 people this week that say " Man im beat, this weather is doing me in "

Can weather like we are having make the body Ache ?

Yes this is a real question.

juicedimpss
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
i know what you are saying,i feel like i have a hangover......
eh,nevermind..

Myles
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Ever since it changed and has been raining alot, my left arm acts up, and then my pinched nerve goes insane

68RR440
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Ever since it changed and has been raining alot, my left arm acts up, and then my pinched nerve goes insane
You've got to switch it up, start beating off with your right once in a while.

DirtyMax
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't know what the weather is going to be like tomorrow and I can already tell you it's gonna feel like I drank too much the night before... :goof

In all seriousness, I know people who say that stuff all the time. Like they can tell if it's going to storm because their joints get all achy.

Nix
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
I just recently posted this in another thread but, I had a spinal fusion in 03' and had my right knee scoped. Ever since I had my back done the weather makes it hurt way more than it usually does. It has something to do with when the barametric temp (sp?) drops and the moisture in the air ie rainy.

I had titanium rods and cages and srews put in my back, maybe that has something to do with it, but yeah when it gets to this time of year I can wake up in the morning and I know what the weather is already doing outside without looking out there.

It gets old pretty quick and some days it is almost unberable to go in to work (I still work in a warehouse and do a very physical job) it gets really hard about 3 outta 5 days in the week, but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep money in my pocket.

So the answer to your question is yes the weather can have a ton to do with your body aches. Sorry for my "sob" story but there it is.

Karps TA
09-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Yep kicks the crap out of me too. Sucks getting old. lol

theavenger333
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM
my arthritic shoulder gives me hell when it gets too humid out. humidity and cool temps are bad for the joints

awsomeears
09-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I just recently posted this in another thread but, I had a spinal fusion in 03' and had my right knee scoped. Ever since I had my back done the weather makes it hurt way more than it usually does. It has something to do with when the barametric temp (sp?) drops and the moisture in the air ie rainy.

I had titanium rods and cages and srews put in my back, maybe that has something to do with it, but yeah when it gets to this time of year I can wake up in the morning and I know what the weather is already doing outside without looking out there.

It gets old pretty quick and some days it is almost unberable to go in to work (I still work in a warehouse and do a very physical job) it gets really hard about 3 outta 5 days in the week, but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep money in my pocket.

So the answer to your question is yes the weather can have a ton to do with your body aches. Sorry for my "sob" story but there it is.

Yikes !!! :stare

d0nut
09-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Welcome to being old!

My wife has asthma real bad and the temp changes mess with her really bad. The only time she was happy was when we lived in Miami and the temps were the same every day. Too bad we didn't speak Spanish well enough to stay there. We're tempted to move to Vegas (Sort of have a job offer there) for the weather but don;t want to raise kids there.

Silver350
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I had shoulder surgery a year ago and my shoulder will get a sharp pain in it when the weather changes.

wikked
09-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Definitely proven that humid/damp weather (not winter wetness) affects arthritis & especially fibromyalgia (my mom has it). She loves winter :)

Slow Joe
09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Winter FTW... Once shit is frozen... Less airborne allergies... Wet Damp Days Suck!

Prince Valiant
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Weather can have an affect on joints, etc...and it is true that surgery and arthritis tend to exacerbate the perception of the pain.

The cause actually has little to do directly with actual "wetness" or dampness...just the conditions that cause the wetness and dampness, and that is generally a drop in barometric pressure (water comes out of gasseous solutions at lower pressures, hence rain). So it's actually an indirect association of wettness=pain

What happens is that within all of your joints (kness, hips, shoulders, back jts, etc) there is fluid called "synovial fluid". This is the fluid that lubricates and nourishes within the joint itself.

When pressure drops, gasses within the solution slowly escapes, but remains contained within the joint capsule that is meant to contain the fluid. As well, slightly (and sometimes significantly) more fluid will fill the joint as there is less restraint from the outside surroundings, so the joint itself can swell.

This causes innervation of the pain fibers within the capsule to be activated...and since joint pain can sometimes be poorly localized, it is percieved as a generalized "ache" sometimes around the joint, and many times in other areas of the body (IE, a common complaint of someone with shoulder pain is pain in the bicep muscle itself, or elbow and wrist).

Not only can this phenomenon occur within the muscle, but bursa sacs that are distributed throughout the body can experience this as well.

Arthritis and surgery may increase this occurence as the joint affected is probably somewhat inflamed, and thus swollen to begin with...not to mention many of the chemical mediators that influence pain ("substance P") may already be within and around the joint in increased concentrations. This is due to the insult of surgery or degeneration of arthritis, and thus decrease the threshold for the pain fibers to send an impluse of pain to the brain.