09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Im diggin the CLK at the end.:thumbsup

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/09-06-06page_Best_sounding_cars.htm

Josepy
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM
very nice.

Poncho
09-13-2006, 06:16 PM
The 350Z and the Mustang 4.0 sound rediculously similiar.

that mazerati -- awesome high strung sound.

Anakonda69
09-13-2006, 06:28 PM
i like the clk the most

70challenger
09-13-2006, 07:48 PM
the yellow beamer and the maseratti get my vote

nismodave
09-13-2006, 08:34 PM
You guys are nuts.

The Ferrari bt FAR was the sweetest sounding.

Poncho
09-13-2006, 08:56 PM
You guys are nuts.

I liked it alot, but too high strung

Mudd Runner
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
CLK
M3
350z

HITMAN
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
You guys are nuts.

First off, I'm NOT going to say the following just to disagree with you, so keep your whining to yourself.

I HATE the way the Ferrari sounds. Their choice of using a flat crank instead of 90° throws makes the engine sound too much like a I4 instead of a V8. Just my opinion. I think that the blown V8 M3 and the CLK sound the best. That Maserati sounds like a buzzy rattle-trap, the STi reminds me of a air cooled VW flat four out of a Micro-Bus:rolf , the Nissan and Audi sounded OK for six poppers, that Zender thing was nasty, both looking and sounding. I've yet to hear a BMW I6 that I thought sounded good. The Viper? :rolleyes: Every time I hear one, I keep looking for the ITU truck. Someday, DC will modernize that power-plant to get it to rev over 6 grand and then it might sound as good as the V10s in the M5/M6 Beemer and Porsche Carrera GT.

Where are the Ferrari, Lambo and Mercedes 12 cylinders? Or the Porsche flat 6's? How are they not in this batch of best sounding cars?

nismodave
09-13-2006, 11:31 PM
First off, I'm NOT going to say the following just to disagree with you, so keep your whining to yourself.

I HATE the way the Ferrari sounds. Their choice of using a flat crank instead of 90° throws makes the engine sound too much like a I4 instead of a V8. Just my opinion. I think that the blown V8 M3 and the CLK sound the best. That Maserati sounds like a buzzy rattle-trap, the STi reminds me of a air cooled VW flat four out of a Micro-Bus:rolf , the Nissan and Audi sounded OK for six poppers, that Zender thing was nasty, both looking and sounding. I've yet to hear a BMW straight six that I thought sounded good. The Viper? :rolleyes: Every time I hear one, I keep looking for the ITU truck. Someday, DC will modernize that power-plant to get it to rev over 6 grand and then it might sound as good as the V10s in the M5/M6 Beemer and Porsche Carrera GT.

Where are the Ferrari, Lambo and Mercedes 12 cylinders? Or the Porsche flat 6's? How are they not in this batch of best sounding cars?

Thats your opinion...........But the Ferrari's exhaust note is widly recognized as one of the best sounding in the world.

I would imagine that the people that put this vid together had only tested the cars on the list..........They were probobly not able to get their hands on some of the cars you speak of.

HITMAN
09-13-2006, 11:39 PM
Thats your opinion...........But the Ferrari's exhaust note is widly recognized as one of the best sounding in the world.

I would agree, IF we were talking about a 12 cylinder instead of a V8. I am an American, I grew up around V8's, and to my ears, the Ferrari doesn't sound like a V8. Would I take the car? In a heartbeat. Do I like the way it sounds? No. I would take a Viper as well, even though I'm not a fan of the way THAT car sounds, either. As for what the rest of the world thinks? :rolf

Lash
09-14-2006, 12:02 AM
I dunno....I think the 350 sounded the best.

Flight_740
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
That CLK was a monster. I love how he slams the brakes just before the turn too.