PDA

View Full Version : Interesting court cases..

Brandon W.
09-11-2006, 06:32 PM
meh just something to read for a few minutes..still pretty funny that people can get away with this stuff.

Stella Liebeck is the 81 year old lady who spilled coffee on herself
and sued McDonald's. This case inspired an annual award - The
"Stella" Awards - for the most frivolous lawsuits in the U.S. The following are this year's candidates:

1. January 2000:
Kathleen Robertson of Austin Texas was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle tripping over a toddler who was running inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering the misbehaving little brat was Ms. Robertson's son.

2. June 1998:
A 19 year old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

3. October 1998:
Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pennsylvania was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was unable to get the garage door to go up since the automatic garage door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't reenter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation, so Mr. Dickson
found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi and a large bag of dry dog food he found in the garage. He sued the homeowner's insurance company claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed and awarded him $500,000.

4. October 1999:
Jerry Williams of Little Rock, Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and
medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his neighbor's beagle. The beagle was on a chain in its owner's fenced-in yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog might have been just a little provoked at the time by Mr. Williams who was shooting it repeatedly with a pellet gun.

5. May 2001:
A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of
Lancaster, Pennsylvania $113,500 after she slipped on a wet floor and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

6. December 1997:
Kara Walton of Claymont, Delaware successfully sued the owner of a night club in a neighboring city when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out two front teeth. This occurred while Ms. Walton was trying to sneak in through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.

7. November 2001:
Mr. George Cates of Clifton, Colorado purchased a brand new motor home. On his first trip home, having merged onto I-70, he set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go into the back and make himself a cup of coffee. Not surprisingly, the Winnebago left the freeway, crashed and
overturned. Mr. Cates sued Winnebago for not advising him in the handbook that he couldn't actually do this. He was awarded $1,750,000 plus a new Winnie. Winnebago actually changed their operator manuals as a result of this court case, just in case there are any other complete morons buying their vehicles.

88Nightmare
09-11-2006, 06:46 PM
wow I can't believe these people get away with that stuff. most humorous is the winnebago. where did you find these?

BigSnailBuick
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I think im going to rob these people and sue them, this is of coarse after my hand hurts from pounding it into their jaw repeatidly.:fire

84hurst
09-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Stupid people never cease to amaze me. The fu(king retards that are on these jurys as well. There is just something wrong with society today.

BTW Brandon, I am suing you for pain and suffering caused by the stupidity in your post! J/K :rolf

Lash
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Those cant be real....can they?

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 01:51 PM
All fake...:rolf

http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

Crawlin
09-12-2006, 02:12 PM
I got a real one for you....

July 2006,

In a drunken stupur, a random idiot sued and won $1000 insurance claim for medical payments when he burnt his arms. The burnt arms were a result of this idiot being drunk and trying to impress everyone by pulling a stunt someone did not 10 seconds earlier by jumping over a bonfire. Too drunk to notice the first person who tried it coming back over. It should be known that said first person did not try to sue even though he landed in the fire too

DirtyMax
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Pwn3D.... :chair:

juicedimpss
09-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I got a real one for you....

July 2006,

In a drunken stupur, a random idiot sued and won $1000 insurance claim for medical payments when he burnt his arms. The burnt arms were a result of this idiot being drunk and trying to impress everyone by pulling a stunt someone did not 10 seconds earlier by jumping over a bonfire. Too drunk to notice the first person who tried it coming back over. It should be known that said first person did not try to sue even though he landed in the fire too
:rolf

Crawlin
09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
CrawlinZ FTW :)

juicedimpss
09-12-2006, 02:43 PM
thats more reason for me to hate liberals.

05caddyext
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM
isnt the justice system great? we could probably sue each other for not liking each others comments on here and all be rich. lets try it sometime. well all get a class action lawsuit against each other and well all win. :flipoff2:

juicedimpss
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
isnt the justice system great? we could probably sue each other for not liking each others comments on here and all be rich. lets try it sometime. well all get a class action lawsuit against each other and well all win. :flipoff2:
if you have money im going to sue the shit out of you for saying that.
:devil

Yooformula
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
OMG that is funny! Crawlin FTW!! The only way to avoid the lawsuit from a robber is to make sure they are dead. Dead men cant sue. Thats my tip for the day. enjoy.

73Dustr
09-12-2006, 08:50 PM
OMG that is funny! Crawlin FTW!! The only way to avoid the lawsuit from a robber is to make sure they are dead. Dead men cant sue. Thats my tip for the day. enjoy.

And to make sure you aren't prosecuted for the death of the dead robber, keep an old gun (free of fingerprints of course) to place in the hand of the dead robber. One more suggestion, make sure it is not a gun that you purchased new and would be in your name. And if by chance he were to make it partway out the door before dying, get your neighbor to help drag him back in. That is all.

HITMAN
09-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Juries ...:rolleyes:
Why would you expect a decent, common-sense decision from a bunch of toads that were too stupid to get out of jury duty???? :punch: