PDA

View Full Version : Where were you ...

Nix
09-11-2006, 10:34 AM
5 years ago today?

Me, I was at work listning to the radio and I wish I would have been home to watch the events of 9/11 unfold on TV. I was in complete and total shock all day and still am...

Goat Roper
09-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Sitting at a company called CriticalMass in Calgary, Alberta, taking phone calls from people wanting to hear that I wasn't in NYC.

JohnnyT
09-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Consulting for Aurora Health Care. I remember hearing about the first plane, then a bunch of us went down to the "media room" and watched all the rest of it unfold from there. It was a crazy day, and a crazy year. It all happened just a few weeks after my ex filed for divorce...

PureSound15
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM
In the front office at High School when someone came running in yelling that we were being attacked.

We watched the news for the rest of the day in all of my classes.

juicedimpss
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM
i was laying in bed,with my broken foot. I watched the 2nd plane hit the tower on tv. that was absolutely crazy

Yooformula
09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I was sleeping when plane 1 hit. My wife told me about it and initially they thought it was a small plane but I kept telling her it wasnt a mistake. I also thought that since a small plane had hit the Empire state bldg that this wouldnt be a big deal until I saw the 2nd plane hit and realized it was a jumbo jet. I couldnt believe another attack on those buildings just took place. I remember when the WTC were hit with the truck bomb years earlier and the attempted tunnel bombing as well but this, I just couldnt believe. At the same time as a natvie new yorker you just knew it was inevitable.

From that point on, I was on the phone trying to find out about some friends that worked there and my cousins. All got out except for a HS friend. Her body was never recovered. My best friend was supposed to work in the tower that morning but didnt go into work early since they wouldnt pay him OT and one of my cousins was stuck in traffic getting into the building and the other get the phuck out of there.

Lash
09-11-2006, 10:48 AM
I was at day school for my apprenticeship @ MATC. Our teacher wheeled in a T.V. so we could watch what was going on.

84hurst
09-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Mr. Westphal's Mechanical Drawing, senior year of High School. Watched TV in every class for the rest of the day. Can't forget that day.

68RR440
09-11-2006, 10:58 AM
I was cruising around the south side, going to look at a car, in my 74 Buick Apollo, listening to that idiot Mancow, thinking it was all one of his sick, twisted jokes. It wasn't, and I was shocked.

Silver350
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I was at work. I start at 7 and only one other guy was in at the time with me. I heard on the radio (Kiss FM) That a plane crashed in to TWC. Then a few minutes later another one. After that my co-workers and I went over by networks and watched the videos on a computer through CNN website. We sat there all day and nothing got done in the Administrative areas

DirtyMax
09-11-2006, 11:04 AM
In my truck listening to the Bob and Bryan show and they had Ted Perry on doing the news and he just stopped mid-sentence and said that a plane hit the WTC. Then I went into a meeting, came out 2 hours later for break and the other WTC, pentagon, and a 4th plane crash had all happen. Meeting was adjourned as our agenda seemed trivial in light of what had just happened.

Flight_740
09-11-2006, 11:15 AM
In court loosing my drivers license.

wikked
09-11-2006, 11:37 AM
I was filling up landscRape equipment at the Citgo on Appleton Ave. in the Falls, also listening to Mancow and thinking it was one of this little schemes.
Had to turn to different stations to believe it =o

RanJer
09-11-2006, 11:41 AM
In high school watching it in US History, or Western Civ.. whatever i took senior year

Mr. Brett
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I was on an aircraft carrier (USS John F. Kennedy) off the east coast. When this all went down, we started launching our F/A-18's to fly combat air patrols over New York and Washington DC. Our pilots had orders to shoot down any aircraft approaching either city. Crazy stuff. 3 weeks later we were dropping ordnance on the Taliban/Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Anakonda69
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
i was walking into the student union at uwm and saw masses of people surrounding tv's on carts....needless to say class dissappeared that day...

Slow Joe
09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
In a High School Physics class... As our instructor was baffled, and most likely trying to figure out how much force had to of been exerted, etc... Come to think of it... I had driven my '83 Ford Ranger to school that day... And had a Triple Cheeseburger, Fries, and a Coke for lunch... How's that for a good memory? :rolf

EDIT: Then after school, I was bored since none of my friends parents would let them leave their neighborhoods, so I went to Brookfield, from Menomonee Falls to hang out with my friend Kathleen where she worked.. MMMM Donut shop... Oh yeah and my dad and his ex-wife were across the boarder in Mexico... They got an extended vacation... :rolf

johnny--2k
09-11-2006, 12:34 PM
In my 97 Benz, on my way to the first week of college at MSOE. I never listened to the radio, but that day, for some reason I did. I heard it on KISS FM, right as I was exiting the Marquette Interchange onto 794 to exit on Jackson/Van Buren. I remember it very clearly as I looked to both sides of me the drivers in either cars jaws just dropped as did mine. I coulnd't believe it.

There were no classes that day, but everyone was in the Campus Center watching the 50 or so TV's they had set up. Some quiet, some crying, some on the phone with relatives in NYC.....it was quite a humbling experience.

Josepy
09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
I was at home. Was hit by a car from a motorcycle accident the day before. Watched everthing on tv

Nix
09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
It seems that it had a large impact of everyone who has posted so far, only becuase you can remember such small details. Lets keep the posts comming, they are very intresting to read.:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
getting ready to take my son to school, took him and got home to see the second plane hit....watched the rest of the day.....i couldn't believe someone would of done that to us

Knyghtmare
09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I was sleeping when the first tower was hit, because I didnt have class that day. My roomate called me and told me. After that I was watching the coverage on TV the rest of the day. I saw the second tower get hit.

After that there was probably 10 people in my living room the entire rest of the day with our eyes glued to the TV.

Mssplayboybunie
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
wow i was a junior in high school sitting in first hour math class boring and back then i didnt even know what the trade tours were but I remember the whole day every class had the news on I remember everything like it was yesterday

Cryptic
09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
sleeping... I was working 3rd shift at TWTC.

My mom woke me up, and I was so cached from pulling 3rd shift and part of 1st I didn't have the energy to watch what was going on.

I just got out of the Navy too. Alot of my friends got re-called. I did not.

b4mytm
09-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Working in waukesha at a print shop.I couldn't hear the radio too well because of my press being too loud,so all that I caught was that there was a plane crash.It didn't sound like anything big at the time,due to me not hearing any details.Then they brought a t.v. into the breakroom.I could see into it from my press,and just couldn't believe it.I just wanted to go home.
I went home and watched the news the rest of the day.
I was supposed to go wedding dress shopping that evening.....didn't seem quite right to do something like that after all that had happened.

mr. meaner
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I was delivering material to a job site, listening to the radio, when the first plane hit. Doing the same when the second hit as well. Stopped for coffee, all the ladies running the coffee shop were crying, couldn't believe what was happening.

My wife lost a cousin in the collapse of the second tower. She didn't have a chance.

Daytonapacecar959
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
At work at Foster,walking past the waiting room when they were talking about the first plane hitting the tower,then seeing the second plane hitting the other tower live on tv.:crying

Rocket Power
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I heard about the first one when I got to work. I took the motorcycle so I didn't get to hear anything on the radio. I was getting the data system setup in the next test car when the rest of the events unfolded, everytime I see or think about one of those cars it reminds me of 9/11. We went to one of the guys I worked with's house for lunch and watched the news for a while.

Brandon W.
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I was in 6th grade english class with mrs.campo. i remember because i didnt finish my homework that day and i was looking for an excuse then mr pierce came running in...its just to bad that all of those innocent people died.

ya i said it i was in 6th grade:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rocket Power
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM
I was in 6th grade english class with mrs.campo. i remember because i didnt finish my homework that day and i was looking for an excuse then mr pierce came running in...its just to bad that all of those innocent people died.

ya i said it i was in 6th grade:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Holy cow, some of you guys are young

pOrk
09-11-2006, 10:04 PM
I was in highschool, hearing all about these twin towers and thinking that they were in Japan.

Todays education system is nothing more then a joke, and I feel cheated for having missed out on a good, public education.

Slow Joe
09-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Holy cow, some of you guys are young

I was thinking the same thing... :rolf Then again I'm not that old... :durr

junk mx6 no rly
09-11-2006, 10:36 PM
was in highschool walked into my auto class when i saw the tv on with the building smoking and on fire then saw the next plane hit the building.later that day all of my highschool classes were talking about it had to write down what we thought about it.then went home and went to a rc car site traxxs.com and seena video of some lil towlys dancing and cheering about this what they had did.then the next day at school some middleeastern kid got ****ed with.

Poncho
09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
i was in my camaro trying to find my best friend. His mom and sister had been struck dead by a idiot driver the night before a 1/4 mile from home, and nobody had seen him for hours since it happened. I later found him at a friends drunk and high, it was noon. but given what had happened, he had plenty right to be.

PB86MCSS
09-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Woke up for class(UWM) around 8:30 and turned on the TV as my mother had mentioned what just happened...watched for 15 minutes or so and went to class. Drove down hwy 100 and remember all the people selling MJS newspapers on various intersection corners, a very weird sight.

HITMAN
09-11-2006, 11:24 PM
On the way to work at my friends hardware store. I had been listening to a cd, but when it was over I turned on Bob and Brian during the Steve Czaban segment and they were joking around about the WTC being on fire because some dumbass had hit it with a plane. So I was just thinking it was some goof in a Cessna that couldn't read a compass. When I got to work, I told my boss about it, and he went and got a TV. Once we started watching, you could tell by the size of the fire that it wasn't a small plane strike. And then I saw the second jet hit, live. A chill ran down my spine with the realization that this was no accident. Then the reports of the Pentagon strike and another plane down in Pennsylvania drove the point home that things were never going to be the same again...:crying

All of those people dead, lives shattered, children orphaned, for what? Assholes and their God Damned religions. If there is a God, he must weep at all of the killing done in his name. The Middle East is lucky I'm not in charge, because I give them first-hand knowledge of what WMD can do. Since they want them so bad, we might as well give them a taste of what they're capable of. I'd start with Tehran and work my way throughout Iran. Syria would be next, followed by anybody else that has a real dislike for the American way of life. Don't like the US of A? :flipoff2:

stock?
09-12-2006, 12:28 AM
i was working at don jacobs toyota on 27th. i was also listening to man cow and thought it was a bunch of b.s. . then someone said they hit the towers in N.Y.. somebody set up a tv and i went in to watch it thinking 7 days ago i was driving thru new york. we were watching replays of the first plane when the second one hit. i couldnt believe it i ran to my team and told them that another one hit the second building. then they said on the radio that there was gun fire at some building the federal i think. everyone was freakn out so i walked up front and there was a lady just walking in circles looking all fvcked up. i asked her if she was okay and she told me that her daughter was in N.Y. and she didn't know if she was okay so i grabbed her and hugged her and told her it would be okay. at that point the towers were still up. when they fell i cant explain how i felt. i never went back to work again i just keep thinking i wished i was still in the navy at least i could do something anything. those miserable bastards. sorry for the rant but thats were i was.

70challenger
09-12-2006, 12:43 AM
was still in high school, in science class and they announced it over the loudspeaker so they turned on all the tvs in the classrooms

95mustang302
09-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I was a sophomore in hs. It was third period which was band, we were coming in from outside from marching rehearsal and the kids in the band rom for study hall were all gatherd around the tv. We asked what was going on and they told us but none of us really believed them. Then as we were leaving the room the other tower was hit. I only had 1 teacher let us watch and discuss what was going on. My english teacher said that her class was more important than what was going on, on tv. I almost got up and left. When I realized what was actually going on the first thing I did was call my mom because she works in a federal hi rise building so I was a little freaked out.

Its absolutely horrible what happened that day, all the people that died senselessly, and for what. For some mother ******* islamic extremest can prove the point that they hate us. Thats great. Maybe we hate you too but we don't ******* fly planes into your buildings. I hope all those mother ****ers get what they deserve!

05caddyext
09-12-2006, 04:35 PM
in class in college. someones phone beeped and it was a news alert saying the world trade center had been hit by a plane. the rest of the day everyone was glued to the tv, never went to my other classes, we all stayed there.

theavenger333
09-12-2006, 07:31 PM
junior in high school i do believe, i had heard about it during school, but nothing confirmed? i had gone home during my 6th/7th hour DR(study halls) to get ready for football. watched on tv absolutly amazed

cheap80Z28
09-13-2006, 12:45 PM
iwas in court for the first of many to get a divorce, should have known that it was a bad omen. lost everything to the ex.

steve